Training Camp practice 7/31 - open to fans at Highmark Stadium

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm at camp today. Kumerow is getting a ton of 1st team reps. Diggs and Sanders appear to have veteran rest days. Allen keeps throwing him the ball. He looks good.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wow - is Happy Days really Greg Tompsett.  He speaks and a video follows.

😂

57 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

If they are just gonna clock the ball. What’s the point of running the FG team on to do it? Just have the offense that’s already on the field do it…..

Youre actually wasting time running the FG team on to do something the offense which is already on the field could do

Read it again I think you missed the words another rep after the FG

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm at camp today. Kumerow is getting a ton of 1st team reps. Diggs and Sanders appear to have veteran rest days. Allen keeps throwing him the ball. He looks good.

He should send the video to Rodgers 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I expect the offense to click and be effective pretty quickly. 
My favorite is hearing about some of the D line guys. Epenesa and Obada I’m really cheering for and hope they have breakout seasons. Mixed with the vets and rookies it’s very exciting the potential pass rush we will have 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

If they are just gonna clock the ball. What’s the point of running the FG team on to do it? Just have the offense that’s already on the field do it…..

Youre actually wasting time running the FG team on to do something the offense which is already on the field could do

This is true, except you are missing the key part of this particular play, Trubisky took the snap and downed the ball from under center.  You are forcing the defense to sub off quickly if you end up with a mismatch you like or the defense isn't lined up properly, or if during the subbing one of the members of the offense just happens to stay on the field right next to the sideline (which is legal because they were already on - if they come in from the sideline they have to get to the numbers, if they are already on they can jog towards the sideline and just stop right before the get all the way off).  What you saw was the set up for a fake FG, not a setup for a typical end of half FG. The likely outcome from doing something like this is the opposition calls a TO for you. Either that or you score a cheap TD.

It's a variation of this play they pulled off successfully in 2008

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2