Stidham needs back surgery.

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/patriots-qb-report-cam-newton-bounces-back-mac-jones-struggles?amp It’s pretty safe to say Jones will not be starting this year. And Mac Jones?? Lol to anyone who thinks he’s going to be a top QB in the pros

LOL to anyone who thinks they know what's going to happen this early.

And no, it's really not pretty safe at all. Again, way way too early.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I think Jones could be good. In college he threw the deep ball with alot of touch and accuracy. He's a smart kid too.

Newton probably starts the season but if they go 2-6 or so, Jones will be inserted into the starting lineup.

He'll struggle at first but could go on a run towards the end of the season.

I don't see the pats challenging the Bills until next season

12 hours ago, Utah John said:

I can't see the wisdom in releasing or trading Fromm, unless McBeane think he's not good enough to play for us.  Trubisky will be here for only one year, and then the Bills will be scrambling to find a competent backup, or needing to draft someone to replace Fromm.  Fromm's on his cheap rookie contract and can provide low-cost, quality backup play for a few years.  He just seems like the best option, from a long-term success perspective.

What makes you think Fromm can provide quality backup play? 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Time to throw a phone

Or

But then again there is the classic…

Don’t you just love both times when Darth Vader lost his s..t, it was against us.  

Maybe this year Josh can get him to throw one of the tv monitors.  This is perfect for an Airplane movie spoof.

And now starring as Bill Belichik we have “Lloyd, I picked the wrong week to start… Bridges”

19 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I think Jones could be good. In college he threw the deep ball with alot of touch and accuracy. He's a smart kid too.

Newton probably starts the season but if they go 2-6 or so, Jones will be inserted into the starting lineup.

He'll struggle at first but could go on a run towards the end of the season.

I don't see the pats challenging the Bills until next season

Jake you’re scenario is perfect as Cam keeps the team long enough to wrack up losses, Mac is still green and never really develops enough to do anything significant in the last half of the season.  Cough up another losing season for Belicheat!

12 hours ago, Utah John said:

I can't see the wisdom in releasing or trading Fromm, unless McBeane think he's not good enough to play for us.  Trubisky will be here for only one year, and then the Bills will be scrambling to find a competent backup, or needing to draft someone to replace Fromm.  Fromm's on his cheap rookie contract and can provide low-cost, quality backup play for a few years.  He just seems like the best option, from a long-term success perspective.

If you think being on the PS is being retained then yes. But no thank you with him on the 53. Good thing is I don’t think anyone would claim him and he would make the PS.  I also think almost any draft pick we got for him would be a good replacement next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

So we know who will we face when Bills known 1st and 2nd string QBs out of game.

Can you repeat the question in a different way? I don't follow.

22 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

So we know who will we face when Bills KNOCK 1st and 2nd string QBs out of game.

Oh, gotcha. Well, that's if they even take 3 QB's on the 53 man roster.

On 7/30/2021 at 7:42 PM, SWATeam said:

They drafted a kid

In the first round. This isn't 1995, they don't sit on the bench for 3 years anymore in case you haven't noticed.

On 7/30/2021 at 7:42 PM, SWATeam said:

They drafted a kid

In the first round. This isn't 1995, they don't sit on the bench for 3 years anymore in case you haven't noticed.

On 7/30/2021 at 8:46 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Er, don't they have Mac Jones?

NBC says he's been very impressive the first three days of training camp

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/mac-jones-shares-impressions-patriots-qb-competition-training-camp

He has been very good. He was very decisive and made a lot of good throws on the run.. but until the pads go on it doesn’t mean much.