Carson Wentz foot injury (Edit: requires surgery, out for preseason)

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

Cross the Colts off the list of contenders. 

It’s looking that way,

10 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Hope Beane gets on the phone about Mitch. If Barkley left on good terms and Ind would give up a 3rd or higher, I'm pulling the trigger

Wow after thinking about it I wouldn't do it for a 3rd.  Mitch is a great cheap insurance policy for the Bills.

Mitch going to FA next year may get a 3rd as a comp for the Bills anyway.

Indy will give up a 2nd for Wentz next year (if he is out for a long time) so that leaves me with their 1st which they won't likely do.

It's a tough road they may be looking down.  It will be interesting to see what will happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, fergie's ire said:

For old timers there is an AFC East connection.  Jacob Eason is the son of Tony Eason, former Patriots "great."  Also, I kind of thought the Bills might take him but he went just before they took Fromm.  Stylistically, just seemed more like Josh Allen than Fromm is.

Tony led the Pats to the SB (Bears crushed them and Grogan) Also a member of the famed QB Class of ‘83, along with Ken O’Brien, Marino, Elway and .um.. some other guy.. 🤷‍♂️

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Man, if Frank Reich didn't have bad luck with his QBs, he'd have no luck at all.

Rivers had a foot injury, now Wentz - wonder if there's anything in the training facility or the turf they practice on that contributes?

I think the Colts need to start playing Country Music backwards at practices

That’s Satanic!

I love it!

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Hope Beane gets on the phone about Mitch. If Barkley left on good terms and Ind would give up a 3rd or higher, I'm pulling the trigger

In a season with Superbowl hopes... you need to have a backup. If Allen misses, you need a legitimate option that can win you a game behind him. No reason to potentially derail the season for a 3rd round pick. 

I joked about it, but really the return would need be something like Grover Stewart and a 1st. 

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Wow after thinking about it I wouldn't do it for a 3rd.  Mitch is a great cheap insurance policy for the Bills.

Mitch going to FA next year may get a 3rd as a comp for the Bills anyway.

Indy will give up a 2nd for Wentz next year (if he is out for a long time) so that leaves me with their 1st which they won't likely do.

It's a tough road they may be looking down.  It will be interesting to see what will happen.

I forgot about the compensation end of it. Is the compensation related to salary size? Not sure exactly but had that impression from something I read 

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

I won’t disagree with a lot of what you said, but there should be no way he goes down as one of the biggest busts in NFL history.

He at least had some half way decent years and hit a second contract.  Guys like Ryan Leaf, Matt Leinart, Jamarcus Russell and even Wrong Josh at QB would far, far, far be bigger busts.  Lawerence Phillips, Boswell, Gholston, Richardson, Mandarich and Dion Jordan are some other guys that fit that label.

I think he was on a pretty good level until injuries derailed him and he has never come back from that.  Wentz is definitely a disappointment and maybe a failure, but I don’t think he would come up in any lists as the biggest busts of all time.

Most overpayed - He, Sam Bradford, and Goff could all definitely fit into that category.

Okay, some good points, but if Wentz is not a high caliber starting NFL quarterback again, I do think he will go down as one of the all time busts.  

What if I was off, much too low in my earnings number, as I say, and by almost 70 million dollars, would that make you rethink things?

It is actually $177 million dollars. 

That is almost a 5th of a billion dollars. For Carson Wentz!

Biggest financial bust, most overpaid in NFL history, maybe?  I know it depends on what he does from this point on, but it I think the guy may be done, will be a backup maybe, and the most expensive ever...

Edited by Mister Defense

7 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I forgot about the compensation end of it. Is the compensation related to salary size? Not sure exactly but had that impression from something I read 

Yes.  It's in no way a lock but I think the Bills will be letting a number of guys go and not signing many big money players.

19 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Okay, some good points, but if Wentz is not a high caliber starting NFL quarterback again, I do think he will go time as one of the all time busts.  

What if I was off, much too low in my earnings number, as I say, and by almost 70 million dollars, would that make you rethink things?

It is actually $177 million dollars. 

That is almost a 5th of a billion dollars. For Carson Wentz!

Biggest financial bust, most overpaid in NFL history, maybe?  I know it depends on what he does from this point on, but it I think the guy may be done, will be a backup maybe, and the most expensive ever...

I just don’t feel money plays into being a bust.  He must have been good enough to demand a huge second contract.  

As I said - most overpaid (financial bust) I could be on board with, but a QB with nearly 70 starts and over a 0.500 winning percentage and over a 2:1 TD to INT ratio does not scream biggest bust.

He also has a 64% completion ratio, over 16,000 yards and a nearly a 90 passer rating - Plus an Pro-Bowl and first team All Pro nod.

Those things all scream at least competent QB - now was he way overpaid for his 1 year of success in 2017 and his even better statistical performance in 2018 - yes sir, but again I just do not think he would get mentioned as a big bust.  

My god with the numbers he put up - he would be one of the top Bills QBs of all times - Basically right now based on yards, TDs, and rating - he would be the 3rd best QB in Bills history in those categories.  Even his 35 wins would slot him 4th.  

I do not think bust is the right way to describe him as he wouldn’t even in the tops 5 draft busts on the Bills.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Could we get anything for Jake Fromm?

Not sure about Fromm but if there another starting QB goes down maybe we could have ourselves a bidding war for Trubisky ? 

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Not sure about Fromm but if there another starting QB goes down maybe we could have ourselves a bidding war for Trubisky ? 

I think I would keep Mitch. Not going to help out the colts. We might need him ourselves 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I wish the Colts would trade for Fromm. He's actually a better QB then Trubustsky

Trubisky is a backup QB for Bills.  Fromm makes P5t5rman look competent.  Trubustsky sounds like your nickname of some bath toy for you.

1 hour ago, Putin said:

There will be a bidding war for Fromm.  Some team will want a virgin QB who has never thrown a ball in a game.