Training Camp Buzz: Zach Ertz 'not happy' at Eagles camp

But most importantly sporting a new bleach blond look! 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/training-camp-buzz-2021-july-29

I know it wasn’t looking good for Ertz to come to Buffalo, and sure apparently he seems unhappy. But going to Eagles camp and working with the team just has the feel that this trade likely isn’t happening. 

I’d be happy to be proven wrong, but this kinda feels like the death knell of the Ertz to Buffalo situation. 

And yes, I do understand there are plenty of Ertz threads already, and yes, I fully expect some negative posts in regards to this thread. 

To be honest, I miss talking about the guy. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

15 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I know it wasn’t looking good for Ertz to come to Buffalo, and sure apparently he seems unhappy. But going to Eagles camp and working with the team just has the feel that this trade likely isn’t happening. 

I’d be happy to be proven wrong, but this kinda feels like the death knell of the Ertz to Buffalo situation. 

And yes, I do understand there are plenty of Ertz threads already, and yes, I fully expect some negative posts in regards to this thread. 

I get the inside shorts thing but wth is the symbolism of bleached hair 🤣 just publicly state your beef, not make me guess what the bleach hair means 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I get the inside shorts thing but wth is the symbolism of bleached hair 🤣 just publicly state your beef, not make me guess what the bleach hair means 🤣🤣🤣

What about inside Ertzs' shorts?!  Also that does bring up a great point...does the carpet match the drapes?:wub:

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'll take the opportunity to remind everyone that the Eagles have 4.2M dead money if they release or trade Ertz but gain 8.5M in cap space.

I will also remind everyone that Ertz would not need to clear waivers and would immediately become an UFA if released.

IMO it is EXTREMELY unlikely that Ertz remains an Eagle on week 1. FWIW, they are also rumored to be in on Deshaun Watson. I have no idea how they would make that work, but it's out there. The Eagles IIRC would be adding 10ishM to their cap with Watson on board. Moving Ertz in any fashion clears 8.5.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I get the impression that Roseman is overplaying his hand with Ertz.  He’s coming off his worst season ever and teams are probably skeptical to give up for 3rd or 4th for him.  

6 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I get the impression that Roseman is overplaying his hand with Ertz.  He’s coming off his worst season ever and teams are probably skeptical to give up for 3rd or 4th for him.  

He's got nothing to lose by seeing it through to the end of camp, the dead money is the same for the Eagles either way. Might as well see if anyone is interested.  I think he gets cut at the end of camp but I might be wrong.

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Why, Bobby?

Why?

Frustrated King Of The Hill GIF

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I too think Ertz will be with another team come September. The new OC there wants more speed and to not run two TE sets. And clearly Ertz is not now their #1 TE. You don’t pay a backup 8.5MM.

Beane is not both giving up a 3rd or 4th and assuming that contract. Maybe he’s just biding his time but If Ertz is released there will be competition for his services and Ertz doubtless thinks he’s still a probowl TE and will be looking for that kind of comp. So probably not happening but he’d be a welcome upgrade here IMO and a good fit. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Right? It’s like a teenager acting out with their parents. 

Is he also listening to punk music and coming down late to dinner? 

• Haha (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Right? It’s like a teenager acting out with their parents. 

Is he also listening to punk music and coming down late to dinner? 

Schefter is also reporting his mom found rolling papers in his sock drawer 😱

• Haha (+1) 4