Anything you look back on fondly that hasn’t aged well?

Another Fan

4 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

As a 1st grader experimenting with new sandwich creations, I came up with butter, peanut butter and honey, in that order. It’s been a few years but I’m reasonably sure I couldn’t handle that today, no matter how great that was at the time :w00t:

Oh, that reminded me, I used to put ketchup on mashed potatoes.  I can't imagine doing it now.  

I'm interpreting this as things that haven't aged well because you have changed, not because the thing has changed. So I'm staying away from the "she was hot 20-30 years ago but now is old and no longer hot" response.

- Jean shorts - We've been going through old pictures putting together a slideshow for a family thing, and the jean shorts that I loved and apparently wore all the time are just...smh. My guess is I'll feel the same about cargo shorts in a few years.

- Spaghettios / Beefaroni - Loved these as a kid...now they are inedible and smell like vomit

- Rush song Fly By Night - Look, there is arguably no bigger Rush fan here than me. They have been "the soundtrack to my life" for well over 40 years. But for some reason, this one song, which I used to love, just sounds so dated and cringy to me now.

- Knit ties - Really, what were we thinking? I hear these are coming back in style...god help us

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2021 at 10:14 AM, Rico said:

I think Creedence and The Doors are relics of their era….also The Cars.

CCR on the Radio is an instant channel flip - every time.  I disagree on the Cars tho - fun 1-4-5 music.

Edited by Philly McButterpants

On 8/10/2021 at 9:58 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

The commercials were a lie!

Four foot ditch... ?? I could barely get him over the Scramble Van!

I had the same thing.  And also a "Funny car" from Evel Knievel with a spring loaded bumper on the front of it, such that when it hit something, the bumper depressed and released body panels simulating a crash and the vehicle coming apart.  LOL! 

Evel Knievel and that period from the '70s remains probably the most precious part of my youth.  I think back to it now and the whole phenomenon was just totally amazing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

a "Funny car" from Evel Knievel with a spring loaded bumper on the front of it, such that when it hit something, the bumper depressed and released body panels simulating a crash and the vehicle coming apart.

There was a line of demolition derby toy cars that did that. I got a set for Christmas one year, and all day my Dad and uncles were saying, "Aw, you broke it!" (It was funny the first time.)

As I remember, the set lost its novelty after a few days. Ah, the 70s...

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I had the same thing.  And also a "Funny car" from Evel Knievel with a spring loaded bumper on the front of it, such that when it hit something, the bumper depressed and released body panels simulating a crash and the vehicle coming apart.  LOL! 

19 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Evel Knievel and that period from the '70s remains probably the most precious part of my youth.  I think back to it now and the whole phenomenon was just totally amazing.

me too.  I had all the Evel Kneivel rockets and toys.  I even made a cape, and had a ramp and would jump everything lol

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.