Training Camp practice 7/30

Coach Sal takes on practice:

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/bills/running-backs-and-a-skirmish-highlight-day-3-at-bills-camp?utm_campaign=sharebutton&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=WGRAM

More detail on the Oliver-Brown skuffle:

About midway through the session outside the ADPRO Sports Training Center, during one of the 11-on-11 team portions of practice, defensive tackle Ed Oliver and rookie offensive tackle Spencer Brown got locked up after a play. Punches were thrown. Oliver ripped Brown’s helmet off. Then the 6-foot-8, 311-pound Brown dove on top of the 6-foot-1, 287-pound Oliver. Other players came running in and a huge pile was created with the two near the bottom. Everything seemed to get separated pretty quickly and both players returned to their respective sidelines.

After practice, when asked about what happened, Oliver shrugged it off with a smile and said, “just a little scuffle, competition.  I had to be the first one (to fight in camp), like always (laughing).  It is what it is. Just friendly competition. I might go into the locker room and we might go eat together, you never know.  We’re family in the locker room.  It’s just competition.”

Kumerow and Gentry impress:

As he continues to be part of the storyline coming out of the Aaron Rodgers saga in Green Bay, noted as one of the players Rodgers did not like the Packers getting rid of last year, wide receiver Jake Kumerow continues to impress at Bills’ camp, both in one-on-one drills and in regular offensive team work against the defense.

Another receiver that has caught some attention is Tanner Gentry, quarterback Josh Allen‘s former teammate at the University of Wyoming. He’s been very consistent in his route running and ability to catch the football.

Sal says Rachad Wildgoose looks good.  I can't remember who said it, but earlier someone else said UDFA Oliajah Griffen looked ahead of him.

While most of the talk at cornerback centers around the competition between Levi Wallace and Dane Jackson for the starting spot opposite Tre’Davious White, rookie Rachad Wildgoose is turning some heads, as well. He seems to be involved in the action all the time.

• Like (+1) 2

The more training camp reports we get, the people expecting Davis to be the #2 WR over Sanders should change their expectations. I expect Davis to still be our #4 and score TDs because of the attention given to the other receivers. Hopefully he can clean up some of his drop issues and break out in year 3.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Love to see it!

Also, I never thought for one moment that Gabe Davis would beat out Sanders as the #2 WR on the team.  Even though Sanders may have lost a step he still has a lot of gas in the tank, and I think some people underestimate how good of a physical route runner he really is.  He is a true technician with good speed.

Barring injury, I would expect him to have a really good year with the Bills this year, like a 60+ reception and 800+ yard year.

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The more training camp reports we get, the people expecting Davis to be the #2 WR over Sanders should change their expectations. I expect Davis to still be our #4 and score TDs because of the attention given to the other receivers. Hopefully he can clean up some of his drop issues and break out in year 3.

I'm sure you are right.  ES is getting up in age (LOL) and I do expect Davis to spell him at times too.  It will be a great way to keep him fresh.

Seems like every write up so far this week has McKenzie looking fantastic.

I'm always torn on how good I think he is, but it's good to hear our WR5 is out there making plays - especially if he's able to lock down the PR/KR role.

Edited by SCBills

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Seems like every write up so far this week has McKenzie looking fantastic.

I'm always torn on how good I think he is, but it's good to hear our WR5 is out there making plays - especially if he's able to lock down the PR/KR role.

McKenzie improved a lot on his route running last season.   By all accounts he seems to have taken another step.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

McKenzie improved a lot on his route running last season.   By all accounts he seems to have taken another step.

When you have two of the best in the game to learn from like Diggs and Beasley it makes a world of difference. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 3