Daboll and Trubisky....HC and Starting QB next season??

Daboll will be a head coach somewhere in the NFL next season and Trubisky will be his starting QB!! Think about it what better way to groom you future QB for whatever team he may be coaching then using JA to show Trubisky the ropes of your offense without getting on the field. Daboll will be coaching a Trubisky led team in one of the following locations IMO:

LV Raiders:  I don't think this is what the Mark Davis envisioned when hiring Chucky and Mayock when he hired them.  Mayock has messed up a couple of draft classes and once he gets fired here I can't see him going back to the Draft show he once hosted on NFL network. Chucky has always been over rated in my eyes....he was a better game day host them head coach.  Carr although good at times, reminds me of a poor mans Andy Dalton and the reason why I say poor man's Andy Dalton is because at least Dalton could get his teams to the playoffs.  The Raiders are also in the same division as the Chiefs as we know and they need to score points to match the Chiefs..and that isn't going to happen on a consistent basis without a mobile QB with a gun who can sling it. The Chargers will be no push over either.

Minn Vikings:  What better way for Trubisky to become a starting QB again other then in the same division as the team that dumped you and haunt them for the next 8 to 10 years.  I don't think Zimmer makes it though the season this year and Cousins isn't taking them anywhere....ever. Cousins is a glorified back-up QB and a rich one at that. Daboll coming in there with Trubisky will be great for that offense and poised to take over the division again for a good run IMO. 

or 

Houston Texans:  Yes the Texans are in a bad spot right now.  Once they trade away D. Watson they will have a ton of draft picks and nowhere to go but up.  I think Daboll would take this job if the contract is good and he has a say in everything that goes on within the team but not the final word. I don't think it ever works out where the coach is also the GM...and don't mention the Patriots because Cheating Bill is an over rated GM who caught lighting in a bottle with TB12 who made Bill look good while QBing a team with a lot of bad rosters. I think this team needs to do what the Bills did when Sean and McBean got to town and clean house and rebuild.  I don't know who would take this job though it kind of reminds me of the Browns and Us a few years ago...a place where head coaching dreams went to die. But both franchises seemed to figure it out so maybe Daboll can take that experience and build the Texans. 

But this won't happen because all the coaching jobs will be filled before Daboll get's a chance to accept one because the Bills will be playing in the SB.  Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to [Vague Title]
  • wagne591 changed the title to Daboll and Trubisky....HC and Starting QB next season??

Daboll & Trubisky: Rams.  Rams will do good enough with Stafford for a couple years &  not to get a top 10 pick (no elite QB) and Stafford is getting old.  The much heralded St Francis connection with Telesco and Daboll is real and the offensive genius/glamour that was McVeigh will wane.    Daboll will do just enough to entice another  team (Chargers) with the package.  

Didn’t the Texans literally just hire Culley?? Surely they wouldn’t can him after one season with a pretty bad roster. It’s Houston but still.. 

Depending on what team may hire him and their draft position, as a new coach one of the worst possible ways to start off is a quarterback controversy. 
Daboll would basically be latching his entire coaching future to Mitch. He would have to have the upmost confidence the guy will be a star for him. I like Trubisky more than most but I don’t think I’ve ever seen him do anything that says top 15 quarterback in this league. I have never seen him do anything that says he’d be better than Cousins or Carr. 

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Assuming that Denver does not do well this year and they move on from Fangio and Lock/Bridgewater I could easily see Daboll and Trubisky there next year but also drafting a franchise QB for the future as well.

Aaron Rogers is going to Denver next year. He'll be picking his HC.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

It’s been theorized since Trubisky signed here, but sure you said it first.

Actually he didn't say it first.  Sorry, but I can recall already reading this here a few months back.

14 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Didn’t the Texans literally just hire Culley?? Surely they wouldn’t can him after one season with a pretty bad roster. It’s Houston but still.. 

Depending on what team may hire him and their draft position, as a new coach one of the worst possible ways to start off is a quarterback controversy. 
Daboll would basically be latching his entire coaching future to Mitch. He would have to have the upmost confidence the guy will be a star for him. I like Trubisky more than most but I don’t think I’ve ever seen him do anything that says top 15 quarterback in this league. I have never seen him do anything that says he’d be better than Cousins or Carr. 

Yes they did so can't se him going there either. And if he was offered the job, think I'd run the other way as just further shows what a mess the Texan are if they fire the guy they hired after one season.

Of the three teams mentioned though the one thing Texans have going, assuming Watsons legal issues don't become even bigge,r is by trading him would get some picks in return.  Maybe ask for 2023 picks this way you give Mitch one year to show what he can do, if not great, then use all your picks to draft a top QB.

Agree could see Gruden quiting after this season as he realizes it's not like the old days, more than getting fired.

1 hour ago, wagne591 said:

Daboll will be a head coach somewhere in the NFL next season and Trubisky will be his starting QB!! Think about it what better way to groom you future QB for whatever team he may be coaching then using JA to show Trubisky the ropes of your offense without getting on the field. Daboll will be coaching a Trubisky led team in one of the following locations IMO:

LV Raiders:  I don't think this is what the Mark Davis envisioned when hiring Chucky and Mayock when he hired them.  Mayock has messed up a couple of draft classes and once he gets fired here I can't see him going back to the Draft show he once hosted on NFL network. Chucky has always been over rated in my eyes....he was a better game day host them head coach.  Carr although good at times, reminds me of a poor mans Andy Dalton and the reason why I say poor man's Andy Dalton is because at least Dalton could get his teams to the playoffs.  The Raiders are also in the same division as the Chiefs as we know and they need to score points to match the Chiefs..and that isn't going to happen on a consistent basis without a mobile QB with a gun who can sling it. The Chargers will be no push over either.

Minn Vikings:  What better way for Trubisky to become a starting QB again other then in the same division as the team that dumped you and haunt them for the next 8 to 10 years.  I don't think Zimmer makes it though the season this year and Cousins isn't taking them anywhere....ever. Cousins is a glorified back-up QB and a rich one at that. Daboll coming in there with Trubisky will be great for that offense and poised to take over the division again for a good run IMO. 

or 

Houston Texans:  Yes the Texans are in a bad spot right now.  Once they trade away D. Watson they will have a ton of draft picks and nowhere to go but up.  I think Daboll would take this job if the contract is good and he has a say in everything that goes on within the team but not the final word. I don't think it ever works out where the coach is also the GM...and don't mention the Patriots because Cheating Bill is an over rated GM who caught lighting in a bottle with TB12 who made Bill look good while QBing a team with a lot of bad rosters. I think this team needs to do what the Bills did when Sean and McBean got to town and clean house and rebuild.  I don't know who would take this job though it kind of reminds me of the Browns and Us a few years ago...a place where head coaching dreams went to die. But both franchises seemed to figure it out so maybe Daboll can take that experience and build the Texans. 

But this won't happen because all the coaching jobs will be filled before Daboll get's a chance to accept one because the Bills will be playing in the SB.  Go Bills!!

Since we’re doing the tinfoil hat thing: The Bills will franchise tag Trubisky and trade him to Daboll’s team for 2 - 1st rd picks.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Well this certainly is not a "new" thought, as many have speculated on this possibility.

Here is the thing...I am not convinced Daboll leaves next year unless we win the Super Bowl.  And while winning a SB IMO would make the odds higher he took a job as a HC elsewhere, I still don't think its definite either.  Daboll seems to really truly love his job, love Allen, and love it in Buffalo.  His bond with Allen is boarder line father like too, I mean he legit loves the kid and the feeling seems genuinely mutual.  Even all the coaches and Beane seem to be quite close and tight as well.

He is young enough where he doesn't have to  just take any job.  I think he will be patient and wait for the right job personally, and that may come next year or it may not.  But he doesn't strike me as in a hurry to do it.  The makeup of this team, the locker room, the staff IMHO is something very rare and special right now in terms of culture, bond, fun, focus, commitment, talent, etc.  

That being said, Daboll is certainly on a lot of teams radar heading into this season, and barring some unimaginable regression this year offensively, he is surely going to get interviews for HC openings next year.  So will be fun to watch.

And to the point of the OP, I do really think Trubisky is going to get a chance to compete next year for a starting job.  So it makes sense that if Daboll takes a HC job and was impressed by Trubisky during their time together here, that he would look to pursue Trubisky next year and feeling would probably be mutual for Mitch.  

4 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

Aaron Rogers is going to Denver next year. He'll be picking his HC.

And GM, President and if he had his way owner.  That’s only fair right?  I’m so glad he reported so this crap goes away for awhile.

Now Watson, give you’re $10 mil. away (not minimizing whatever he did, but if no real criminal charges on him, then) and move to whatever NFC team that will take you.  Just stay away from the AFC East.

As far as the Raiders there is no way Gruden is quitting.  Would you give up $10 mil./yr. for 10 yrs.?  Mark Davis has the least amt. of wealth of owners in the NFL SO I seriously he’s giving up what $60 mil. as he was hired in 2018.  If it were the Allen family in Seattle, or in Carolina where they were worth billions, it’s one thing, it’s another that is not even a billionaire.

Edited by machine gun kelly

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Actually he didn't say it first.  Sorry, but I can recall already reading this here a few months back.

Yes they did so can't se him going there either. And if he was offered the job, think I'd run the other way as just further shows what a mess the Texan are if they fire the guy they hired after one season.

Of the three teams mentioned though the one thing Texans have going, assuming Watsons legal issues don't become even bigge,r is by trading him would get some picks in return.  Maybe ask for 2023 picks this way you give Mitch one year to show what he can do, if not great, then use all your picks to draft a top QB.

Agree could see Gruden quiting after this season as he realizes it's not like the old days, more than getting fired.

A few months ago nobody was paying attention to the board...now we are in football mode....lol

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Assuming that Denver does not do well this year and they move on from Fangio and Lock/Bridgewater I could easily see Daboll and Trubisky there next year but also drafting a franchise QB for the future as well.

Daboll could also be going to the Bengals after yet another Taylor meltdown

5 hours ago, wagne591 said:

or 

Daboll may get hired even though the Bills are going at least to the AFC title game again. And he may sign Tribusky.

And if he goes, he is definitely taking assistant O-line coach Ryan Wendell. Just as long as Daboll doesn't poach Chad Hall, Ken Dorsey or Bobby Johnson we might be OK. If he becomes HC and hires Chad Hall as OC the Bills are in trouble, imho.... There's going to be growing pains there. I thought Hall was ahead of Dorsey as Hall gets a lot of good press since his hire. He's a real hard worker like Daboll.....

This offseason is a huge one. With Jerry, Addison and Star coming off the books and AJ, Groot And Basham gaining valuable experience.... I hope our coaching staff doesn't get too devastated.

• Like (+1) 1