Bills sign former Patriots Center Tyler Gauthier

The Bills set up shop every summer as "O Linemen R US" -- they stock up on guys who can sort of play, so when another team gets desperate because of injuries (or covid), Beane trades them someone he just picked up, for a low round draft pick. It seems to be the only way he can get sort-of comp picks, since the Bills usually don't get any official comps. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

image.thumb.png.df4a244a73f62ee549902d354e87fd28.png

They also signed a guard who played for the Raiders

image.thumb.png.8d043cf933ed5711c191688fc2e1c2c3.png

If I were guessing, I would guess that it has something to do with Dawkins and Boettger being on the Covid-19 list.  Since position groups tend to "buddy" together off the field as well as in meetings, it seems possible we may be hearing about some additions to the Covid-19 list tomorrow.

Or maybe not and as someone suggested, it may be to just have 3 full OL's available with Dawkins and Boettger out.

Gauthier looks like Richie Incognito's little brother:lol:

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Wants to get three full OL's with two guys out on Covid bench

I was hesitant to comment as it relates to that pesky word C…D, but I agree.  Keep the flow going at a fast pace I practice.  Sal mentioned yesterday the pace is fast as almost all of the veterans so there is no adjustment period during OTA’s, Mini-Camp, amd now the beginning of camp.

Sounds like we are on a nice clip right now.  I heard the other day we were working on red zone offense and defense.  God, it is so nice to get back to talking about football material.  Not Bease, Rodgers, Watson, Ertz amd so on.  Typical off season distractions.

On 7/29/2021 at 4:49 PM, Blainorama5 said:

Just another camp body?

Intel on the Pats?

Or Beane hit the "Confirm Signing" button when he actually meant to hit "Delete"?

He's spent time more recently on the Dolphins PS.  I don't think there is a lot of value to old intel, but what he has on Miami might be worth a bit more.

On 7/29/2021 at 5:00 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Probably trading Morse for Ertz.  

I never…NEVER tire of good Ertz quips.

Thank, RC.  As always, thank you.

On 7/29/2021 at 11:52 PM, Putin said:

Tyler Gauthier sounds like an expensive purse my wife would want 

Tyler Gauthier sounds like a cheap knock off purse you bought your wife at NOCO for your anniversary that you just remembered on your way home from work.

…please pick up two and I will pay you back next week.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts