Early 53-Man Projections?

elijah

21 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Bates can play any position on the line, judging by how much McBean likes versatility, it would be a shock to me if he doesn't make the team.

Agreed. He is the perfect game day guy to have in case of an injury. He is probably not a guy you want starting but he brings so much flexibility you can dress one less OL for game day thus allowing an extra WR as a return guy or another special teamed.

• Like (+1) 1

My projected 53 man roster 

OFFENSE & SPECIAL TEAMS
1. Josh Allen
2. Mitch Trubisky 
3. Devin Singletary 
4. Zach Moss
5. Matt Breida
6. Stefon Diggs
7. Cole Beasley
8. Gabriel Davis
9. Isaiah McKenzie
10. Emmanuel Sanders 
11. Dawson Knox
12. Jacob Hollister 
13. Dion Dawkins 
14. Ford or Lamp (1 gets traded be4 Rg Sn)
15. Mitch Morse 
16. Jon Feliciano 
17. Ike Boettger 
18. Daryl Williams 
19. Ryan Bates 
20. Tommy Doyle 
21. Spencer Brown 
22. Matt Haack
23. Tyler Bass 
24. Reid Ferguson 
25. Taiwan Jones 

26. Marquez Stevenson 
27. Jake Fromm 

DEFENSE & SPECIAL TEAMS 
28. Jerry Hughes
29. A.J. Epenesa
30. Efe Obada 
31. Gregory Rousseau 
32. Carlos Basham 
33. Star Lotuleilei 
34. Harrison Phillips
35. Ed Oliver 
36. Vernon Butler 
37. AJ Klein 
38. Tremaine Edmunds
39. Matt Milano
40. Tyrel Dodson
41. Tre’Davious White 
42. Richad Wildgoose 
43. Levi Wallace 
44. Dane Jackson 
45. Taron Johnson 
46. Siran Neal 
47. Micah Hyde 
48. Jaquan Johnson 
49. Jordan Poyer 
50. Damar Hamlin 
51. Tyrell Adams 
52. Tyler Matakevich 
53. Reggie Gilliam 

PRACTICE SQUAD

RB Antonio Williams 

RB Christian Wade

WR Isaiah Hodgins
TE Quintin Morris 

TE Tommy Sweeney 

OG Jack Anderson 
S Tariq Thompson 
CB Olaijah Griffin 

DE Darryl Johnson 

*We have great depth along the OL. Brandon Beane has a knack for trading before the start of the regular season.
I predict Brandon Beane trades Cody Ford or Forrest Lamp. 

Edited by Trust The Process

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Nice job. Swap out Johnson for Obada. Johnson has done very little to keep a spot. Agree with only keeping two QBs. Doyle is not making the 53. He will go to IR or get cut. Waste of a draft pick. That opens up another spot for a fourth safety.

Agree on Obada.  I think one of the 2 OT's drafted ends up on IR.  Doubt overall they keep 10 O lineman.  Likely keep the safety they drafted

3 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I think we’re keeping Obada and Zimmer. 

Also, I think if Steveson proves himself as a decent kick returner they may find a way to keep him

Tough year for cusp guys, we’re definitely going to lose some good talent. 

Trade Kumerow to Green Bay, possibly

Can't see Kumerow getting traded to Green Bay as they know if the Bills were to cut him, thats the first place he'd head.  So they can wait till we cut him.  On the other hand if some other team really wanted him, could see them swooping in with a trade  so they lock him up.

Think Sweeney makes the roster, as mentioned Gilliam is now listed as FB.  He's also a ST ace so could see him making team in place of Jones.

Agree to Stevenson has a shot, not sure in place of who though.  With keeping 10 D lineman (which I agree with) could see them only going with 5 LB's think Dodson is the odd man out.  So maybe it ends up being 26 Offense, 24 Defense and 3 ST??

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, elijah said:

I was doing an early projection of the 53 man roster for myself, and I was shocked how easy it was to find myself keeping 10 DLinemen. McBeane typically have a history of keeping 8 DL, but I would not at all be surprised to see 9 or 10 this year. 

QB: Allen, Trubisky
RB: Singletary, Moss, Breida, Jones
WR: Diggs, Beasley, Davis, Sanders, Mckenzie, Hodgins
TE: Knox, Hollister, Gilliam
OL: Dawkins, Williams, Morse, Ford, Feliciano, Boettger, Brown, Doyle, Lamp, Bates

DE: Hughes, Epenesa, Rosseau, Basham, Addison, Johnson
DT: Oliver, Star, Harry, Butler
LB: Edmunds, Milano, Klein, Dodson, Matakevich, Adams
CB: Tre, Wallace, Johnson, Jackson, Neal, Wildgoose
S: Hyde, Poyer, Johnson

ST: Haack, Bass, Ferguson 

Notable Cuts/PS/Trades: Antonio Williams, Christian Wade, Marquez Stevenson, Tommy Sweeney, Bobby Hart, Efe Obada (would really like to see Obada make the team), Justin Zimmer, Cam Lewis, Duke Williams, Jake Kumerow

What does your guys early roster projections look like? 

Stevenson will get IRed for certain, watch. I say A Williams makes the roster as the 3rd RB and standout STer. Wade goes to our normal IR so we can call him up. I really want Obada too but how? If Sweeney can play STs he can make it although he might get Henderson's spot as well. I think Bates HAS to make the team so you're right on there. But Bills May carry only nine, look for another Injury along the line for the rookies..... Maybe the Bills try to put Dodson on the PS and go with five LBs and carry Obada?

I hope we get to put a good WR on the PS for injuries....the kid we got from Dallas is pretty accomplished.....

Do the Bills make one big move for their Super Season run?

Maybe our TE room doesn't look so bad with Sweeney on it? He was a very good do everything TE in college, but it is way different in the pros, is he finally ready? Did Lee rub off on him and teach him how to block? I think we can run more offense being harder to prepare for had we a TE that could really block well plus catch. Sweeney was projected to be a #2 TE. To be just that. A blocking TE that can catch. A Lee Smith with a little more speed and athleticism. Although you don't need that much athleticism to go sit in a zone. Maybe in the playoffs when defenses try to take away everything. I hope Sweeney can make the jump. He could also be useful when we go up 21 and put our back up QB in to ice the game..... Run, pass, run.....to take what the D gives short. I think we could use Mitch something like this.... Huge difference between Tribusky and last season's QB..... We need to get Josh to the playoffs healthy. Maybe Josh doesn't even play vs. Atlanta?

Rest the big man.....

2 hours ago, Georgie said:

I dont think they "need" a FB but Gilliam has ST value. Who do you have returning kickoffs and punts? I'm not sure about Doyle,Wildgoose and Phillips. I think Zimmer and Sweeney have a shot. 

I think Phillips is a lock. I suppose I could see Wildgoose out for Cam Lewis & Doyle out for Stevenson/Sweeney. However that will simply come down to how successful of a training camp they have. I just don’t see snaps for Stevenson and Sweeney available as of right now. 

2 hours ago, Simon said:

I'm almost to the point where I hope they just bite the bullet and cut him loose.

They're ready to make a title run and at this point, he's just a passenger at best.

I'd hate to lose a good young End because they felt obligated to keep an underperforming vet for cap reasons. 

I’m a really big fan of both Johnson and Obada, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Addison cut in favor of these 2 if he starts a step slow 

5 hours ago, elijah said:

I was doing an early projection of the 53 man roster for myself, and I was shocked how easy it was to find myself keeping 10 DLinemen. McBeane typically have a history of keeping 8 DL, but I would not at all be surprised to see 9 or 10 this year. 

OL: Dawkins, Williams, Morse, Ford, Feliciano, Boettger, Brown, Doyle, Lamp, Bates

Notable Cuts/PS/Trades: Antonio Williams, Christian Wade, Marquez Stevenson, Tommy Sweeney, Bobby Hart, Efe Obada (would really like to see Obada make the team), Justin Zimmer, Cam Lewis, Duke Williams, Jake Kumerow

I see them taking Obada over Johnson, but otherwise nice job Elijah.

with this talent I can see a very competitive display for the PS.

Edited by machine gun kelly

46 minutes ago, elijah said:

I’m a really big fan of both Johnson and Obada, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Addison cut in favor of these 2 if he starts a step slow 

Those are exactly the two names I have in mind when I say I'm ready to see Addison move on.

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

I'm likely wrong but when we originally got him, wasn't he a Tackle ?

I read someplace though that he's been working on his game as a Center. I just think he's too versatile to let go, especially if he can play anywhere in an emergency.

Bates belongs at C/G, not T. He has huge upside though.

• Like (+1) 1

HB: Singletary, Moss, Breida, Williams

WR: Diggs, Davis, Beasley, Sanders, McKenzie, Hodgins

TE: Knox, Hollister, Sweeney, (FA acquisition)

OL: Dawkins, Williams, Morse, Feliciano, Ford, Brown, Doyle, Bates, Boettger

DL: Basham, Oliver, Hughes, Rousseau, Obada, Zimmer, Lotulelei, Phillips, Epenesa, Johnson, Butler

LB: Edmunds, Milano, Matakevich, Klein, Dodson

DB: White, Wallace, Hyde, Poyer, Neal, Jackson, Johnson, Wildgoose, Hamlin, Griffin

K: Tyler Bass

P: Haack

4 hours ago, Trust The Process said:

My projected 53 man roster 

OFFENSE & SPECIAL TEAMS
1. Josh Allen
2. Mitch Trubisky 
3. Devin Singletary 
4. Zach Moss
5. Matt Breida
6. Stefon Diggs
7. Cole Beasley
8. Gabriel Davis
9. Isaiah McKenzie
10. Emmanuel Sanders 
11. Dawson Knox
12. Jacob Hollister 
13. Dion Dawkins 
14. Ford or Lamp (1 gets traded be4 Rg Sn)
15. Mitch Morse 
16. Jon Feliciano 
17. Ike Boettger 
18. Daryl Williams 
19. Ryan Bates 
20. Tommy Doyle 
21. Spencer Brown 
22. Matt Haack
23. Tyler Bass 
24. Reid Ferguson 
25. Taiwan Jones 

26. Marquez Stevenson 
27. Jake Fromm 

DEFENSE & SPECIAL TEAMS 
28. Jerry Hughes
29. A.J. Epenesa
30. Efe Obada 
31. Gregory Rousseau 
32. Carlos Basham 
33. Star Lotuleilei 
34. Harrison Phillips
35. Ed Oliver 
36. Vernon Butler 
37. AJ Klein 
38. Tremaine Edmunds
39. Matt Milano
40. Tyrel Dodson
41. Tre’Davious White 
42. Richad Wildgoose 
43. Levi Wallace 
44. Dane Jackson 
45. Taron Johnson 
46. Siran Neal 
47. Micah Hyde 
48. Jaquan Johnson 
49. Jordan Poyer 
50. Damar Hamlin 
51. Tyrell Adams 
52. Tyler Matakevich 
53. Reggie Gilliam 

PRACTICE SQUAD

RB Antonio Williams 

RB Christian Wade

WR Isaiah Hodgins
TE Quintin Morris 

TE Tommy Sweeney 

OG Jack Anderson 
S Tariq Thompson 
CB Olaijah Griffin 

DE Darryl Johnson 

*We have great depth along the OL. Brandon Beane has a knack for trading before the start of the regular season.
I predict Brandon Beane trades Cody Ford or Forrest Lamp. 

I don't see us keeping three QB's on active roster unless Fromm can play ST. Plus I bet Beane trades more then just one player before the regular season. Sometimes you have to trade guys to be fair to them as well...give them a shot where they might fit in and sticking them on the practice squad isn't going to do that for them...(i.e. W. Teller).  I could see Beane trading:

Ford or Lamp (agree) but a

Ike Boettger (if Anderson is a serviceable back up) because you will get more for Boettger in a trade and Anderson can play all the same spots on the line that Boettger did (center, or either guard spot)

Hodgins/Wade/Williams one of those guys are going to take the spot that Fromm occupies and it wouldn't surprise me if we can trade Williams or Hodgins befor it is all over too.

Next year's draft class is stacked from what i am reading due to COVID hold outs so lets stack picks next year so we can move around to board to get our guys.

7 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

They needed a center not another swing OT. But generally agree at that point there are few guys that will make this roster.

Short term they have Mitch, Bates and Mongo can fill in at center if needed. I liked the Doyle pick as I think he can be quality depth long term. I never hate on oline picks. 

5 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

HB: Singletary, Moss, Breida, Williams

WR: Diggs, Davis, Beasley, Sanders, McKenzie, Hodgins

TE: Knox, Hollister, Sweeney, (FA acquisition)

OL: Dawkins, Williams, Morse, Feliciano, Ford, Brown, Doyle, Bates, Boettger

DL: Basham, Oliver, Hughes, Rousseau, Obada, Zimmer, Lotulelei, Phillips, Epenesa, Johnson, Butler

LB: Edmunds, Milano, Matakevich, Klein, Dodson

DB: White, Wallace, Hyde, Poyer, Neal, Jackson, Johnson, Wildgoose, Hamlin, Griffin

K: Tyler Bass

P: Haack

I believe you forgot the LS Ferguson :)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, elijah said:

It’s remarkable to see how the talent level has risen over the past few season.  There’s several positions now where good players are going to get cut and then signed immediately onto other NFL rosters

On 7/29/2021 at 11:00 AM, Ethan in Portland said:

Nice job. Swap out Johnson for Obada. Johnson has done very little to keep a spot. Agree with only keeping two QBs. Doyle is not making the 53. He will go to IR or get cut. Waste of a draft pick. That opens up another spot for a fourth safety.

Johnson has been an important Special Teams player ; wouldn't say he has "done very little".