Training Camp practice 7/29

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It wasn't so long ago I was hoping that one of 3 QBs would have a couple decent throws in training camp so that I could get myself optimistic for the season. The whole organization from top to bottom has had a total renaissance. This is how good teams run training camp. I'm not fumbling for excuses.

You don’t miss the days of EJ throwing it into the hospitality tent or Tyrod scrambling during 7v7?

• Haha (+1) 4

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DJB said:

Well Ralph used to pay the guys in free ice cream. Pretty sure the Pegula's pay them a little more. 

Actually, no. He took it out on their paycheck..🤷‍♂️

40 minutes ago, MJS said:

He could just pick Beasley up and eat him.

File this for later!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

Also floated hospital ball on run to Diggs.

This is one area I would really like to see Allen improve on.

Diggs is not always going to protect himself so there are going to be times where Josh needs to do it for him.

Thats the 'hero ball' aka 'play every play likes its your last' attitude JA17 has

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

it is Matakevich and he played very effectively on defense in Denver (15 snaps, 23%) and Miami home (40 snaps, 48%) games on defense and neither of them were injury games.

Matakevich- my apologies for the typo. 

I guess I didn't recall correctly, but I was not implying that he didn't play well when he was out there. Be that as it may, he certainly was brought in primarily as a special teams player, and I would assume that will continue to be his role.

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Matakevich- my apologies for the typo. 

I guess I didn't recall correctly, but I was not implying that he didn't play well when he was out there. Be that as it may, he certainly was brought in primarily as a special teams player, and I would assume that will continue to be his role.

Often there are special teams players who become too important to special teams and not get much of a shot on regular roster.

Steve Tasker was one of them and when he started playing offense fans were asking "Why was he not playing on offense?"

Matakevich like Lorenzo and Tasker has said he loves special teams but when Bills get into cap issues they need to learn to multi-use such players.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Limeaid said:

Often there are special teams players who become too important to special teams and not get much of a shot on regular roster.

Steve Tasker was one of them and when he started playing offense fans were asking "Why was he not playing on offense?"

Matakevich like Lorenzo and Tasker has said he loves special teams but when Bills get into cap issues they need to learn to multi-use such players.

I'd put Siran Neal in that category, as well. Not that I think there is currently a starting spot for him, but every time he's out there he performs. He's super versatile, can play safety, CB, or nickel, and he's fierce. One of my favorite players who's not a starter.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

When he did that last year against the 49 ers I was screaming for my wife to come see it) she had gone upstairs for something) 

His best play last year!!! IMO

Are we in the twilight zone or something????

Is this really happening????

I think one of the most underrated but absolutely incredible plays last year from Josh was his TD pass to Kumerow against Denver. No one seems to talk about it. It was an absolute rocket on a post that only him and MAYBE Rodgers could make. It was absolutely jaw dropping how hard that ball was thrown with accuracy. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I think one of the most underrated but absolutely incredible plays last year from Josh was his TD pass to Kumerow against Denver. No one seems to talk about it. It was an absolute rocket on a post that only him and MAYBE Rodgers could make. It was absolutely jaw dropping how hard that ball was thrown with accuracy. 

Truthfully, if there isn’t a “JA’s best 2020 pass “ poll there should be!

The one to Diggs at the end of the AZ game also

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Truthfully, if there isn’t a “JA’s best 2020 pass “ poll there should be!

The one to Diggs at the end of the AZ game also

I think my favorite is the "Oh Goodness" TD to Diggs against New England

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I am also a big fan of the Kumerow one against Denver where it shows off his arm strength

Yeah, thats the one I mentioned... 

I mean, there are MAYBE two QBs in the league that can make that throw and one is on our team. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I am also a big fan of the Kumerow one against Denver where it shows off his arm strength

My favorite came on the game winning drive against the Rams. Pinned deep in their own territory with 3rd and 23 (I believe), under heavy pressure, Josh threw a scorcher between two defenders to Beasley right at the sticks to convert the 1st down.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, 2003Contenders said:

My favorite came on the game winning drive against the Rams. Pinned deep in their own territory with 3rd and 23 (I believe), under heavy pressure, Josh threw a scorcher between two defenders to Beasley right at the sticks to convert the 1st down.

There really are so many!

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, 2003Contenders said:

That was also just an unbelievable play Beas. 

I've said it in multiple other threads but.... the more I watch JA highlights from last year, the more I come away with "holy sh** Beas is sooooo good"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2