I bought new iphone, and someone else was signed in on it- whats your theory?

Pete

Was I hacked?  Did someone at Chinese factory install it before shipping?  Or did ATT do me dirty and send me a refurbished phone?

I spoke with Applecare- they said it was strangest case they ever heard- and they hear lots of strange cases.

I was transferring from my iphone- my old iphone is my apple ID.

Setting up new phone- someone else signed in for apple ID.  WTF?

What happened?

It was an address >https://yes.com/de

10 hours ago, Pete said:

Was I hacked?  Did someone at Chinese factory install it before shipping?  Or did ATT do me dirty and send me a refurbished phone?

I spoke with Applecare- they said it was strangest case they ever heard- and they hear lots of strange cases.

I was transferring from my iphone- my old iphone is my apple ID.

Setting up new phone- someone else signed in for apple ID.  WTF?

What happened?

It was an address >https://yes.com/de

12 minutes ago, LeviF said:

In any case it's not "new" because someone clearly went beyond normal quality control on it.  I'd demand an actual new one.

I agree with Levi.  I think you got a refurbished phone and they got caught with their pants down.  I'd raise holy hell.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I agree with Levi.  I think you got a refurbished phone and they got caught with their pants down.  I'd raise holy hell.

3rd-ed.

You got a used phone. Could have been a simple inventory tracking issue. Contact AT&T and demand a new phone.

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

3rd-ed.

You got a used phone. Could have been a simple inventory tracking issue. Contact AT&T and demand a new phone.

I stood in an electronics chain store years ago arguing with a clerk that the Discman in a package clearly marked REFURBISHED is not new, as he claimed.  "Boxes are marked wrong" he contested.  Goodbye (and good riddance) Future Shop.

This same thing happened to me many years ago.  I received what was supposed to be a new phone.  It had a call history and even some pictures of the original owner on it.  I brought it back to the store and they apologized and stated that it was a mistake.  They said they had to get a new one from another location and it would take a couple hours.  I went back and they actually had the nerve to give me back the exact same phone again!  They deleted the pictures but failed to realize that there was a call history.  (I made sure to verify the call history was the same.)  I went off on  the sales person and manager, caused a little scene in front of some potential customers and advised them to look elsewhere for a phone, cancelled my service with Sprint, and walked a few stores down to the Verizon store.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

This same thing happened to me many years ago.  I received what was supposed to be a new phone.  It had a call history and even some pictures of the original owner on it.  I brought it back to the store and they apologized and stated that it was a mistake.  They said they had to get a new one from another location and it would take a couple hours.  I went back and they actually had the nerve to give me back the exact same phone again!  They deleted the pictures but failed to realize that there was a call history.  (I made sure to verify the call history was the same.)  I went off on  the sales person and manager, caused a little scene in front of some potential customers and advised them to look elsewhere for a phone, cancelled my service with Sprint, and walked a few stores down to the Verizon store.  

We were with Sprint for 7 days. It was an absolute nightmare. The bill was double what they said we would pay, and about $100 more than Verizon who we were with. They had a return policy on the new phones. When they said they wouldn't take the phones back because they were used (although they had a 30 day return policy), when I went to call Channel 2's consumer line, they were all of a sudden very happy to take the phones back. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.