Giants cut Kelvin Benjamin for what??

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

True, it was simply calculated risk to help this team get to the playoffs when we got off to a 5-2 start with a team that both Beane and McD already admitted didn't think was that good.

Ironically Benjamin seemed to play well when Peterman was throwing the ball to him (when he wasn't throwing picks off course).

Kelvin thought Nathan was throwing him cheeseburgers!!

But yes, sometimes those calculated risks don't pan out.  I'm sure that will happen again, but at least Beane and McD were trying SOMEthing.  Better than playing it safe.

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's just Benjamin's side of things.  It's entirely possible Judge was more open to the move, and that Benjamin's preparedness and deportment during OTAs put him off - not to mention being asked to meet a weight of 251 and showing up at 268.

Agreed.  I still think not having the conversation behind closed doors was unprofessional.

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Agreed.  I still think not having the conversation behind closed doors was unprofessional.

Not knowing the details of any physical limitations from Covid protocols or anything else about the situation, I would not judge.  For all we know, Benjamin was asked to come to a meeting in an office and blew it off.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not knowing the details of any physical limitations from Covid protocols or anything else about the situation, I would not judge.  For all we know, Benjamin was asked to come to a meeting in an office and blew it off.

Perhaps.  Hard to know if we'll ever know the facts.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Perhaps.  Hard to know if we'll ever know the facts.

He refused an in office meeting, he wanted to be taken out for lunch.:lol:

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He was told to report at a certain weight.

He came back weighing more than what he weighed when he was told to lose weight.

Then when he was called on it, he argued with the coach and GM about the weight he was told to report at.

He should have had that conversation with the team when he was first told to report at 251 instead of just blowing it off and assuming that Gettleman would have his back when he showed up heavier.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

So he  took some food home BIG DEAL he was working hard to put on some weight for his new TE position , 
He was hungry to prove everybody wrong 

Edited by Putin
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I hope he likes Canada  as I don’t see another NFL team giving him a chance.  I have nothing against him, he’s just not talented enough anymore.

Predicting a good year for players in the Golden Horseshoe.  Stelco and DOFASCO are busy, so a lot of Hamilton and Toronto players won't be playing...

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/29/2021 at 6:01 PM, BRH said:

He was told to report at a certain weight.

He came back weighing more than what he weighed when he was told to lose weight.

Then when he was called on it, he argued with the coach and GM about the weight he was told to report at.

He should have had that conversation with the team when he was first told to report at 251 instead of just blowing it off and assuming that Gettleman would have his back when he showed up heavier.

For some reason it feels like you should comment on if it would be fair to blame him for the four Super Bowl losses.  Similar cadence in this post as that special, special lid.  😅