Jake Kumerow… make the team or trade to GB?

He’s a long shot IMO but if he’s not going to make it, Beane HAS to try to flip him to GB for something instead of cut him, right? Rodgers will not let this go and he’s getting what he wants now. They just traded for Randall Cobb and his terrible contract as a condition of him coming back 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think we could get a 3rd from GB for him.  They have to make Rodgers happy.  Otherwise, I'd have him make the team, or see if Minny wants anything for him.  Create more drama, and then let GB know they have to give a good pick for him.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I think we could get a 3rd from GB for him.  They have to make Rodgers happy.  Otherwise, I'd have him make the team, or see if Minny wants anything for him.  Create more drama, and then let GB know they have to give a good pick for him.  

Is this a joke? We would be lucky to get a 6th. With the depth we have he's a long shot to even make the team.

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Unless there is a player position they have excess in Bills need I can not see a trade.  

I have not looked at Green Bay's roster like I usually do but if they had a DB perhaps it might be worth trying to trade.

I cannot see getting any significant draft pick for him.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Kumerow could make it here. I think the 6th spot is most likely him or Hodgins.

I think Hodgins upside and versatility will give him the edge.  I don’t see Kumerow making this roster and he won’t last on the practice squad again, so if they could flip him for a pick I’d take that 

• Like (+1) 4

I of course would rather trade him then cut him

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

If Kumerow is worth Aaron Rodgers throwing a hissy fit over, he has to be good enough for a spot on Bills roster. He didn’t get the moniker “Touchdown Jesus” for nothing 

Who do you cut to keep him?   Hodgins is going to end up being our Kumerow

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I like Jake, he’s sort of a hybrid TE / WR type, gives the QB a lot of options. And he is also a valuable Special Teams player. You know how McBean and company love those ST’ers. 

He's a WR. He has never lined up in line at all 

He's just tall, but that doesn't make him a hybrid Wr/TE

Gee.... I wonder why Rodgers didn't express dissatisfaction when Robert Foster was signed off Green Bay's practice squad last season.

JK has good potential and I hope the coaches have a plan for him.  If not, trade him and get what GB is willing to give up.

Edited by Azucho98

46 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I think Hodgins upside and versatility will give him the edge.  I don’t see Kumerow making this roster and he won’t last on the practice squad again, so if they could flip him for a pick I’d take that 

I need to see Hodgins do something first. He is their own pick so he has that but Kumerow contributed a bit both on offense and teams last year. Hodgins needs to ball out in camp and pre-season to make the roster IMO.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1