Around the League Training Camp Thread

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

By that same logic if things had broken a bit the other way we'd of scored TDs instead of FGs and completely blown them out of the water.

This is true, could have happened as well.

I guess my deeper thought on the matter is it's highly unlikely we are going to sweep the division again. Even if we beat the Jets twice can't see us sweeping both the Fish and Patriots again this year. Division games are always tough regardless of the teams individual win/loss records at the end of the season.

In fact even when the Pats were going 13-3 and 14-2 just about every season with Brady they typically lost to the Jets or Dolphins those seasons (even the Bills once in a blue moon).

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Whatever happened to old Manish. 

He was let go after the guy they brought in to be his eyes and ears quit. I'm guessing as a beat reporter getting banned from Jets facilities for faking the Adam Gase burner, stalking the Jet's GM's son, etc, etc doesn't lead to great things though. 

He's still alive and tweeting on twitter though. 

6 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Meanwhile, in the SMH category…

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/lions-dan-campbell-cuts-veteran-don-muhlbach-his-birthday

So so glad I’m not a fan of the Lions!!!

That being said, a 17 year run as long snapper, all with one team?  I’ve never heard the name before.  Congrats on a great NFL career to Mr. Don Muhlbach! 👏👏👏

Edited by BTB
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

NY Jets beat reporter.

His twitter feed seems unusually focused on defending/excusing for Lamar Jackson

Then there's this:

Church of Latter Day Saints should be taking names, just in case....

I started to follow that DJ guy. He hates the jets and loves the dolphins. Weird account for a “reporter”.  I unfollowed. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tough break.  I am so sad.

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

Does this push Macaroni and Cheese Jones up to number 1 when your QB misses rules prior to the game?

Do you mean future hall of famer, guaranteed all pro, just as good as Tom Brady, Mac Jones?  

3 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Does this push Macaroni and Cheese Jones up to number 1 when your QB misses rules prior to the game?

For a guy whose job seems to be on the line more and more as each week passes, this doesn't look like the wisest of business decisions:

'Anecdotally, it's also been obvious Newton isn't vaccinated. He's worn masks to outdoor press conferences and declined to divulge whether he got the shot. At this point nearly nine months into an American society with the vaccine, that usually means one has not been vaccinated.

"It's too personal to discuss," Newton said earlier this month. "I'll just keep it at that."

I am pro-vaccine and haven't hidden that when discussing COVID on air or on this here site. Months ago I decided against spending my days railing against NFL players who opted not to get the vaccine. There are too many of them, speaking nonsense too regularly, for me to fight them. I simply couldn't expend any more energy on Cole Beasley or Kirk Cousins or anyone else who chose to be loud and wrong about the vaccine.

So with the best doctors in the world and experts both from the NFL and NFLPA available to Newton, and with plenty of time to develop a full understanding of the competitive advantages of being vaccinated, Newton made a clear and conscious choice to not get the vaccine.'

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cam-newtons-absence-opens-door-for-mac-jones-in-patriots-starting-qb-battle-and-couldve-been-avoided/

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1