Around the League Training Camp Thread

23 hours ago, Greg S said:

The biggest issue for them is the secondary. Saleh was a good DC with the 49ers and I expect he will have their D playing well. Obviously its preseason and teams go with a vanilla game plan but the Jets have some decent talent on that side of the ball. As for their offense Wilson looked good but again its preseason. I expect he will have his ups and downs like most rookie QB's do. My prediction for them (floor/ceiling) is 6 to 8 wins with their D keeping them in most games.

where on earth do the JESTs find 6 wins?

Nothing personal, but this feels like a prediction from ESPN where their predictions, total, have the league playing above .500 football (the total number of wins is more than the 256 [now 272] games that will be played).

Somebody gotta lose.  I dont see the JESTs winning a single division game.  And who else can they possibly beat?

Edited by maddenboy

2 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

Nothing personal, but this feels like a prediction from ESPN where their predictions, total, have the league playing above .500 football (the total number of wins is more than the 256 [now 272] games that will be played).

Somebody gotta lose.  I dont see the JESTs winning a single division game.  And who else can they possibly beat?

I agree. They are a good candidate to have #1 pick imo

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

13 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

Jets aren't going to be as bad as some think and if Saleh is good coach they will definitely upset some teams this year.

A few breaks go a different way and they would have beat us last year when we were in a little funk after the Titans and Chiefs losses.

With that said they are still probably in that 6 or 7 win range at best this year.

54 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Another Bills cut gets added to a roster .. oh the fond memories of hoping other teams would cut someone who would be useful to the Bills .. it almost is anti-climatic checking other teams cut lists. Caleb Benenoch lands with the Saints. Being good a lot of the players we would hope to land on our PS may end up on other teams.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/caleb-benenoch-19102/

That certainly tells me something about how NO feels about their OL...yikes.  Benenoch did a fantastic impersonation of a turnstile at Bills camp from what I read.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Jets aren't going to be as bad as some think and if Saleh is good coach they will definitely upset some teams this year.

A few breaks go a different way and they would have beat us last year when we were in a little funk after the Titans and Chiefs losses.

With that said they are still probably in that 6 or 7 win range at best this year.

I don't know man. I think they will be as bad as I'm expecting. Possibly could end up being worse than I think they will be. As far as their coach goes, time will tell how he does. I think their defense might be half decent, maybe.

I just don't see the offense putting up many points at all myself. Even if their defense plays great, only so far that will get you. 

28 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

I hope you are right but I think the Jets will be better than people think. Getting rid of Gase is a huge plus for them. They have talent on the team. Their front 7 is solid although the Lawson injury is huge especially if he misses significant time or the entire year. They rebuilt their OL and receivers (at least on paper) is much better. Obviously a lot depends on Wilson and how well he does. I say 6 to 8 wins. I definitely think they can split with the Fins and Pats. Neither one of those teams has a QB. Cam looked done last year and Tua is "meh". The Bills should sweep them though. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

By that same logic if things had broken a bit the other way we'd of scored TDs instead of FGs and completely blown them out of the water.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Damn.  That sucks for Lawson and the Jets.  Hate to see a serious injury like that.  :(

Ugh...that is definitely not good...lots of people including me were clamoring for the Bills to bring him in...would have sucked even more if he was our big FA signing this year.

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I hope you are right but I think the Jets will be better than people think. Getting rid of Gase is a huge plus for them. They have talent on the team. Their front 7 is solid although the Lawson injury is huge especially if he misses significant time or the entire year. They rebuilt their OL and receivers (at least on paper) is much better. Obviously a lot depends on Wilson and how well he does. I say 6 to 8 wins. I definitely think they can split with the Fins and Pats. Neither one of those teams has a QB. Cam looked done last year and Tua is "meh". The Bills should sweep them though. 

Maybe a 5 or 6 win team at best.

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Is your opinion based off mainly their defense? I guessed they don't win any more than 6. Would be surprising if they do for me anyways. And I was being a little generous. I think they would be doing good to even get 6 wins.

1 hour ago, snowbelt_subie said:

anyone that wants to watch a live practice between the browns and giants it will be broadcast on the browns youtube channel at 3:30

you can see your AFC championship game opponent in action 😆 

The Giants don't play in the AFC...

And Lawson heard a pop?  Not good.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Is your opinion based off mainly their defense? I guessed they don't win any more than 6. Would be surprising if they do for me anyways. And I was being a little generous. I think they would be doing good to even get 6 wins.

Their front 7 on D is solid but the secondary is questionable. Put it this way if the Bills OL can give Allen time to throw he will torch them badly. The Bills WR's vs the Jets DB's is a big mismatch. Also their OL is solid as is their WR's. Saleh should be a big upgrade over Gase. We will see how he manages the games when they count with timeouts and challenges. I have 6-8 as their ceiling floor. I hope they split with the Fins/Pats and lose the rest.

10 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Their front 7 on D is solid but the secondary is questionable. Put it this way if the Bills OL can give Allen time to throw he will torch them badly. The Bills WR's vs the Jets DB's is a big mismatch. Also their OL is solid as is their WR's. Saleh should be a big upgrade over Gase. We will see how he manages the games when they count with timeouts and challenges. I have 6-8 as their ceiling floor. I hope they split with the Fins/Pats and lose the rest.

I will give you their front 7 is decent, OL is yet to be seen. As for the WR's, you probably think they are better than I do. Of course I could be wrong, but WRs they got just doesn't seem like a very big improvement compared to the group they had last season. 

I mean the WRs might be a little better than last season, but imo not enough with a rookie QB

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins