Around the League Training Camp Thread

10 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Just wanted to add, although I'm not as familiar with those 2 signings of Davis and Cole as much as I am with many other players, but the little I do know I certainly would not consider Jets WR core "revamped" by those 2 names.

I guess it depends on how one would interpret "revamped" maybe? I always took it to mean new or different players that are significantly better (or thought to be much better) than before. In this case I just don't see those 2 making their WR' group much better, if any at all really. Hell wouldn't surprise me if the WR's Jets had last season turned out to be a little better lol

Idk, just my 2 cents

Corey Davis, Crowder and Moore is a solid starting three. Add Cole and Mims, and that is better than any WR group JA had to work with his first two seasons.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

Corey Davis, Crowder and Moore is a solid starting three. Add Cole and Mims, and that is better than any WR group JA had to work with his first two seasons.

True.  But without a good QB and OL, it means little.

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

True.  But without a good QB and OL, it means little.

Agreed, and I loathe the Jets, but hey have been trying to rebuild the OL much in the vein Buffalo did.

Actually have spent more draft capital on the OL than Buffalo has. (Becton/ Vera Tucker/ Moore)

They also keep bringing in mid tier guys to see if one blooms or regains form. Buffalo did that with Feliciano/ Williams and now Lamp.

Never can tell with a rookie QB, but the Jets are trying to do this right for Wilson. I can't knock the strategy.

I think the Jets will surprise and win 6-7 games this year.

11 minutes ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

Never can tell with a rookie QB, but the Jets are trying to do this right for Wilson. I can't knock the strategy.

I think the Jets will surprise and win 6-7 games this year.

I don't think 6-7 is a surprise. I think that's what most people expect. 

• Dislike 1

Another Bills cut gets added to a roster .. oh the fond memories of hoping other teams would cut someone who would be useful to the Bills .. it almost is anti-climatic checking other teams cut lists. Caleb Benenoch lands with the Saints. Being good a lot of the players we would hope to land on our PS may end up on other teams.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/caleb-benenoch-19102/

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

That doesn't sound good. I hope he's ok. 

Yikes, hope it's not a heat stroke. We all remember Korey Stringer with the Vikings some years ago. I know it's been pretty hot and humid as heck here across the mid-Atlantic for a couple of weeks now. 

Edited by H2o

1 hour ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

Obviously. I never said or implied they were that bad. I was simply saying imo, I don't see them being much better than the WR's they had last season.