Around the League Training Camp Thread

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Lol that offense is going to be a mess. I looked at the QB depth they have and oh my damn it's laughable. 

If Wilson gets hurts, it's going to be a totally lost year for evaluating anyone on their offense. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

If Wilson gets hurts, it's going to be a totally lost year for evaluating anyone on their offense. 

Also I'm not 100% sure if they have many of the same WR's and whatnot on offense, but last year if not mistaken they had like 1 decent WR and don't remember the TE. But if that area isn't all that different then Wilson will have an even tougher time

5 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Also I'm not 100% sure if they have many of the same WR's and whatnot on offense, but last year if not mistaken they had like 1 decent WR and don't remember the TE. But if that area isn't all that different then Wilson will have an even tougher time

The Jets revamped their receiver core. Mims who was a starter for them is now the 5th or 6th receiver. They signed Davis and Cole then drafted Moore who all look decent. Reminds me a lot when the Bills got Brown and Beasely. They still have crowder. They have problems at TE and the offensive line still looks like it is struggling especially with the change in blocking scheme. 

On another note, the Dolphins also struggled against Atlanta in their practice. The Dolphins offensive line looks like it is actively trying to live up to the term, offensive. 

Edited by jeremy2020

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

The Jets revamped their receiver core. Mims who was a starter for them is now the 5th or 6th receiver. They signed Davis and Cole then drafted Moore who all look decent

Ok, well honestly don't know much about Davis and Cole, or Moore for that matter. Probably is an improvement to WR's, but how much? That remains to be seen and the impact those WR's make will depend how Wilson does also.

Better hope he and those WR's get on same page fairly quick because it's ugly for now. Adding rookie struggles he is more than likely to have, not sure how much difference those new WR's  can make.

I don't see Wilson having a rookie year like Herbert.

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

None of the Jets' WRs are a #1 WR.  Moore was looking good but then got injured.  It will be a tough year for them again.

That's what I was  thinking. Although I don't know a lot about those WR's, I know enough that if they are an improvement to their WR's, it's not by much. Tough for a young QB with not much help surrounding. Saw what Allen had to work with and was unwatchable. Don't think this Jets group of WR's will be as bad as what Allen had his rookie year, but expect a bad offense that obviously will try to run the ball a whole lot.

Honestly will be surprised if they win more than 6 games

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Have a feeling that will continue to carry over into the regular season and I will enjoy to the fullest.

But Greeny already predicted the Jets to make the playoffs 

4 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

The Jets revamped their receiver core. Mims who was a starter for them is now the 5th or 6th receiver. They signed Davis and Cole then drafted Moore who all look decent. Reminds me a lot when the Bills got Brown and Beasely. They still have crowder. They have problems at TE and the offensive line still looks like it is struggling especially with the change in blocking scheme. 

On another note, the Dolphins also struggled against Atlanta in their practice. The Dolphins offensive line looks like it is actively trying to live up to the term, offensive. 

Mims fell down the depth chart because he’s been awful in camp 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

But Greeny already predicted the Jets to make the playoffs

I could not take anyone seriously if predicting Jets make playoffs. I would assume it was a sarcastic remark if someone said that lol. I know he's a Jet fan, but being realistic the odds are not good. At all lol

4 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Falcons D is going to be really good this year. Book it.

5 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

The Jets revamped their receiver core. Mims who was a starter for them is now the 5th or 6th receiver. They signed Davis and Cole then drafted Moore who all look decent

Just wanted to add, although I'm not as familiar with those 2 signings of Davis and Cole as much as I am with many other players, but the little I do know I certainly would not consider Jets WR core "revamped" by those 2 names.

I guess it depends on how one would interpret "revamped" maybe? I always took it to mean new or different players that are significantly better (or thought to be much better) than before. In this case I just don't see those 2 making their WR' group much better, if any at all really. Hell wouldn't surprise me if the WR's Jets had last season turned out to be a little better lol

Idk, just my 2 cents

14 hours ago, eball said:

I heard a not-so-unreasonable assessment of the Jests this afternoon that basically said they will suck for the first half of the season, but they play 5 home games during the 2nd half and that will give us an indication of which direction they are headed.

My enduring memory of Saleh is the look of exasperation last year when Josh tore apart his defense and he didn't know what to do to stop him.

Lets hope this happens 2 more times in 2021.