Around the League Training Camp Thread

38 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Cam needs receivers!! Not an excuse, but a fact. I honestly wouldn’t play Mac Jones until they get some weapons on the perimeter 

N'Keal Harry's being misused. Didn't you see his agent's statement about how unstoppable he was in college and that's why they wanted a trade? 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I wonder if having Allen throw to Benjamin & co. early in his career hindered or helped his development

That first just season seemed like an extension of his college career in regards to the lack of surrounding talent forcing him to play hero ball. But maybe it gave him some initial confidence knowing that he can ball out at the next level and his teammates were behind him.

Only Josh knows.

23 minutes ago, H2o said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/17/frank-clark-departs-practice-early-with-apparent-hamstring-injury/

Something he's apparently been battling for a couple of weeks, but pulling up lame in a one-on-one drill is not a good sign I would say. 

When he pulled up - how many guns did they find.

I imagine with that team - he had at least 1 uzi stuffed up his backside.

😂

42 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I think they'll let Cam fail in the regular season and then drop in Mac. They seemingly shored up the defense this offseason and will get offensive weapons next offseason.

That's just not how coaches and players think.

20 minutes ago, H2o said:

N'Keal Harry's being misused. Didn't you see his agent's statement about how unstoppable he was in college and that's why they wanted a trade? 

Honestly I would want out if I was him, he is going to have to take a 1-2 year prove it deal to get any big money. Going to a pass first and often would benefit him. He could be a solid #2 for some teams.

Edited by GoBills!

7 minutes ago, eball said:

That's just not how coaches and players think.

They obviously know best as to how the QBs are performing at camp/preseason. I just don’t think they'll throw the rookie in week 1. Based on what we've seen, I think Cam will lose the job before Mac wins the job, if you know what I mean.

From the perspective of managing a rookie/vet QB controversy, I do think it's safer to let the incumbent leader play himself out of the role, or else you're risking a prolonged controversy and distraction. It's obviously a tricky situation to navigate, though.

3 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Cam needs receivers!! Not an excuse, but a fact. I honestly wouldn’t play Mac Jones until they get some weapons on the perimeter 

You’re kidding, right? They spent $300 million in free agency, the bulk of which went to receivers.

• Agree 1

Apparently Chase Claypool just went down with a leg injury at the end of practice. Had to be helped off the field by two players, not putting any weight on his leg. No news on how severe the injury is, but this could have major implications on our Week 1 game.

3 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

Apparently Chase Claypool just went down with a leg injury at the end of practice. Had to be helped off the field by two players, not putting any weight on his leg. No news on how severe the injury is, but this could have major implications on our Week 1 game.

Minor ankle sprain. He'll be ready. 

3 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Jamal Adams signs BIG contract with Seattle. he seems like the type that will be unhappy in 2 years, but good luck to them ..

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/17/seahawks-jamal-adams-agree-to-contract/

Never trade big draft capital for a player un for a new deal unless you negotiate that deal prior to the trade.  Teams get bent over every time. 

Lions keeping it classy cut their long snapper of 17 years on his 40th birthday. What a dumpster fire they are. Rumor has it he intended to celebrate with his family by eating cake and ice cream .. coach Campbell was horrified no knee caps were in the https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/lions-cut-longtime-long-snapper-don-muhlbach/ar-AANqIFQ