Around the League Training Camp Thread

Chiefs update (for those interested)

the Oline 1st unit in the preseason game was:

LT Orlando Brown

LG Joe Thuney

C Creed Humphrey

RG Trey Smith

RT Lucas Niang

My account of their performance....given that it was a small sample size, and the 49ers didn't play starters.....

It was good.  KC opened the game with a striaight ahead smash mouth run for 10.  exactly what you'd want to see from the 1st unit VS the 2nd unit of another team.  Again, given the small sample and 2nd stringers....they all looked good.  Niang was especially effective.  He may well have nailed down the RT job.  

Some things that seemed off.  Noah Gray, the 5th round TE from Duke, didn't have a catch.  I believe he was targeted 3 times.  His frist try was a heater from Henne that was high and behind him....popped off his shoulder pad for an INT.  

Juan Thornhill, who started as a rookie and looked good 2 years ago before injury in the last game of the year in 2018...didn't look good...and has continued to run with the 2's and 3's in practices.  This is a discouraging development.  KC not deep at S.

The KC D line, on the interior is deep.

The young LB's Gay and Bolton continue to run with the 1's and are looking good.

Probably doesn't mean anything in a preseason game VS scrubs, but SF targeted D'Andre Baker 6 times in coverage, and failed all 6 times to complete a pass.  Baker has looked decent in camp so far (former Giants 1st rounder that got into legal troubles)

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Fire up Mark Andrews in fantasy (again)

Baltimore is the Bermuda Triangle of WRs

I almost wonder if it's on purpose so that Ravens fans can complain about Lamar's lack of weapons in perpetuity. That way, they can always say "Josh Allen blah blah Diggs, blah blah imagine if Lamar had Diggs." I actually have imagined that. It involves a miserable Stefon Diggs getting like 600 yards per season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Chiefs update (for those interested)

the Oline 1st unit in the preseason game was:

LT Orlando Brown

LG Joe Thuney

C Creed Humphrey

RG Trey Smith

RT Lucas Niang

My account of their performance....given that it was a small sample size, and the 49ers didn't play starters.....

It was good.  KC opened the game with a striaight ahead smash mouth run for 10.  exactly what you'd want to see from the 1st unit VS the 2nd unit of another team.  Again, given the small sample and 2nd stringers....they all looked good.  Niang was especially effective.  He may well have nailed down the RT job.  

Some things that seemed off.  Noah Gray, the 5th round TE from Duke, didn't have a catch.  I believe he was targeted 3 times.  His frist try was a heater from Henne that was high and behind him....popped off his shoulder pad for an INT.  

Juan Thornhill, who started as a rookie and looked good 2 years ago before injury in the last game of the year in 2018...didn't look good...and has continued to run with the 2's and 3's in practices.  This is a discouraging development.  KC not deep at S.

The KC D line, on the interior is deep.

The young LB's Gay and Bolton continue to run with the 1's and are looking good.

Probably doesn't mean anything in a preseason game VS scrubs, but SF targeted D'Andre Baker 6 times in coverage, and failed all 6 times to complete a pass.  Baker has looked decent in camp so far (former Giants 1st rounder that got into legal troubles)

SHOCKED the chiefs would take a player with questionable judgement and personal morals.

Otherwise, thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing you guys way down the road. 

14 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Cam needs receivers!! Not an excuse, but a fact. I honestly wouldn’t play Mac Jones until they get some weapons on the perimeter 

I think they'll let Cam fail in the regular season and then drop in Mac. They seemingly shored up the defense this offseason and will get offensive weapons next offseason.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/17/frank-clark-departs-practice-early-with-apparent-hamstring-injury/

Per multiple reporters stationed at Kansas City’s Tuesday practice, defensive end Frank Clark exited the session early with an apparent hamstring injury.

Something he's apparently been battling for a couple of weeks, but pulling up lame in a one-on-one drill is not a good sign I would say. 

20 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I think they'll let Cam fail in the regular season and then drop in Mac. They seemingly shored up the defense this offseason and will get offensive weapons next offseason.

I wonder if having Allen throw to Benjamin & co. early in his career hindered or helped his development