Around the League Training Camp Thread

Frank Reich seems like a great head coach (and apparently just signed an extension). He's very McDermott-like in the measured intensity he exudes. 

Not a Rex Ryan, but not a Dick Jauron. Just a perfect blend.

And he's not BSing you, but he's not showing his hand either. All the while being very nice professional.

He could do great things with a talented team. Just doesn't have a QB. Imagine if he paired up with Rodgers...

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Has he been fitted for his gold jacket yet?

Look, no one denies that Smith has talent. The reason he fell is because teams were wary of is history of blood clots. It's not news that he's a capable player. It will be news if he stays healthy and proves 31 other teams' (32 if you count KC waiting until round six to pick him) medical evaluators wrong.

This is a fair take.  Having seen this dude so far (in camp...it's early...need to see games...but what we've seen has been very good)  ....and having seen how many just crap jag nobodies go in round 4-7.....I don't know how teams, including KC.....weren't interested sooner than almost round 7.  I get it's risky....so is taking Joe Snuffy from Northeast Wyoming Tech in round 5.  

Just now, Zerovoltz said:

This is a fair take.  Having seen this dude so far (in camp...it's early...need to see games...but what we've seen has been very good)  ....and having seen how many just crap jag nobodies go in round 4-7.....I don't know how teams, including KC.....weren't interested sooner than almost round 7.  I get it's risky....so is taking Joe Snuffy from Northeast Wyoming Tech in round 5.  

I hear ya. 

I felt the same way about RT La'el Collins out of LSU in the 2015 draft. His situation was pending legal issues instead of health red flags, but still. He was a 1st/2nd round talent. His agent warned all 32 teams not to draft him, because of the legal situation and because he wanted to be able to pick where he went. I wanted the Bills -- who badly needed a RT that offseason -- to call his bluff and take him in round seven. Even if he never signs here, what's the risk? A lost seventh round pick? Big deal! 

Sure enough, he signed with the Cowboys as a UDFA and has been a good player for them ever since. Meanwhile, it took the Bills until last season to settle the RT position. 

Teams should spend late round picks on high risk, high reward players way more often than they do.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

The 49ers are gonna win that division if they're healthy. Saying Jimmy G is having his best camp yet and Lance looks good at the same time.

I think there is a large part of preserving JG’s value so you can get something good  for him.

You don’t take a QB at 3 and sit him. JG will be gone soon.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I think there is a large part of preserving JG’s value so you can get something good  for him.

You don’t take a QB at 3 and sit him. JG will be gone soon.

Agree. Either way, I think it means they're in a good spot.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

How the hell do you lose 20 lbs from food poisoning? Is that normal?

Is he just exaggerating or trying to cover something up?

Is he playing way over normal weight?

I think I'll try that diet plan. Sounds pretty effective.

8 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Agree. Either way, I think it means they're in a good spot.

Provided TL is All that. 
I think in everyone of these “ Athletic “ QBs coming out now, Josh’s example comes into play. Very interested to watch Lance and Fields this year.

On the other hand, JG isn’t all that but someone will pay  to get him.

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

I think I'll try that diet plan. Sounds pretty effective.

I make a great Chicken Sushi roll😜

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Anyone but the cardinals. Can’t stand those mofos. 

Agreed.  I think there’s a decent chance they finish 4th in that division this year and Kliff’s seat will start to get a little warm.

15 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

.....Trey Smith.....

National media making the rounds through KC Camp.....all repeating the same thing.  Steal of the draft.

You couldn’t find a way to include a “Mahomes is great and your team traded him to mine” take?

Calm down, pull your pants back up, and take your steal of the draft nonsense elsewhere. 

So I was unaware that TJ Watt is in camp, but not practicing with the team.  Appears to be holding out for a new contract.  Worth watching as the Steelers game gets closer and closer....

19 minutes ago, wjag said:

So I was unaware that TJ Watt is in camp, but not practicing with the team.  Appears to be holding out for a new contract.  Worth watching as the Steelers game gets closer and closer....

I didn’t know that either. Sounds like the Jamal Adams situation 

Rashod Bateman's soft-tissue injury is going to require surgery.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh told reporters Bateman will undergo an operation on his groin, sidelining him until sometime in September.

Welp..  Looks like it is going to be the Watkins/Brown/Andrews show in B'more.  B'more has THE worst luck drafting WRs...

Just now, wjag said:

Ravens coach John Harbaugh told reporters Bateman will undergo an operation on his groin, sidelining him until sometime in September.

Welp..  Looks like it is going to be the Watkins/Brown/Andrews show in B'more.  B'more has THE worst luck drafting WRs...

Elijah Moore also getting an mri for an injured quad 

1 minute ago, wjag said:

If it wasnt a tradition there I'd say the issue with the wideouts in Baltimore is their current QB doesnt throw the ball outside the hashes.   Hollywood Brown is a good player, just not the type of guy that plays to Lamar's strengths. 

I'll watch this. Because it will be fun to see Hill have to give up his ring. No way he even comes close, imo. The only thing he has going for him is Bolt is close to (if not already) over the hill*.

*edit: pun not intended, but it works!

Edited by DrDawkinstein