Around the League Training Camp Thread

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/03/panthers-cut-j-t-ibe-after-practice-hit-that-injured-keith-kirkwood/amp/

Panther’s O apparently looks like Dookie and Rhule is none to happy about it. Just heard Darnold do his best Rob Johnson during after practice interview.

Local radio guys already starting preliminary Brady gone as OC if this keeps up😜

Gase was awful, but his awfulness fooled them hard into believing Darnold was also not awful. 

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Gase was awful, but his awfulness fooled them hard into believing Darnold was also not awful. 

The “ story” being sold here is that Darnold refused to hit his check downs as a Jet. He was prone to going off script and having turnovers because of it.

Now it’s being reported that he only is checking it down and still has five picks in 4 practices. The Panther’s O sounds like a Shite show from what I’m hearing on local radio bug I haven’t followed it more than that. 
     Personally, I’m not a Rhule fan. Seems like another Douchey college coach who thinks he knows better.

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

They already cut the the kid I guess who hit him. I seen a closeup cell phone video, the hit didn’t look terrible and he seemed to pull up. I get the discipline but cutting the guy seems extreme on such a teachable serious moment 

He dropped a shoulder on a defenseless teammate and knocked him out. He lost his job. Consider the lesson taught.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

He dropped a shoulder on a defenseless teammate and knocked him out. He lost his job. Consider the lesson taught.

You’re not wrong. The zoomed in video the hit didn’t look terrible to

me.  I get it’s illegal and sucks the other guy is hurt. Just seemed pretty extreme to cut him immediately. If it was a starter they wouldn’t of cut him imo. I’m not defending the guy I don’t know him or work with him daily so maybe he’s an issue for them. 

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

You’re not wrong. The zoomed in video the hit didn’t look terrible to

me.  I get it’s illegal and sucks the other guy is hurt. Just seemed pretty extreme to cut him immediately. If it was a starter they wouldn’t of cut him imo. I’m not defending the guy I don’t know him or work with him daily so maybe he’s an issue for them. 

Yeah, when you arent a starter and do something dumb the first week of camp... you become the lesson.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1st day of pads for KC.

Niang struggled VS Frank Clark in one on one pass drills.

Orlando Brown struggled VS Chris Jones in one on one pass drills. 

Not a great start for the OT's today.......but Jones is said to have looked good VS everyone....as he should.

Creed Humphrey looking good at C....no reason at all to think he won't start.

Trey Smith (steal of draft) looking good VS everyone but Chris Jones.

Noah Gray having some struggles...had been looking great without pads.  We'll see how things progress.

Willie Gay continues to shine.  Accoutns from players, coaches and media all glowing about his coverage and speed.

Nick Bolton, making plays now that the pads are on....defending passes, and a couple INTS so far.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Is it just me making this up in my head, but are the days of not bringing in legit competition for QBs not what they used to be? Seems like there are a lot more battles among those '2nd' or '3rd' tier QB like Garoppolo having guys drafted or signed to challenge them. That addage of if you have 2 QBs, you have zero Qbs doesn't seem to be as strong anymore.

13 hours ago, syhuang said:

13 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

They already cut the the kid I guess who hit him. I seen a closeup cell phone video, the hit didn’t look terrible and he seemed to pull up. I get the discipline but cutting the guy seems extreme on such a teachable serious moment 

Wow, McCaffrey didn't run over to check on him immediately...what a cancer! They need to release him immediately:wub:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

In Jets news, they put on pads and somehow their offensive line did much, much worse than without pads. Bad day for their O in general because of the pressure. 

I don't get it. If your team sucks and either your D or your O has "a good day" why does it matter? Looking good against the Jets offense doesn't really mean anything. Garbage doesn't sharpen garbage. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

One more day until football. Thursday night August 5th 8:00 its Steelers vs Cowboys. I realize the game will probably suck and be boring but preseason means the regular season is right around the corner. 

Def gunna be trash game, but even a Heffer looks good in a drought 😉

• Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Is it just me making this up in my head, but are the days of not bringing in legit competition for QBs not what they used to be? Seems like there are a lot more battles among those '2nd' or '3rd' tier QB like Garoppolo having guys drafted or signed to challenge them. That addage of if you have 2 QBs, you have zero Qbs doesn't seem to be as strong anymore.

Not really I mean Garoppolo is at best there to give Lance a redshirt year, you don't draft a QB that high as "competition".

21 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah, when you arent a starter and do something dumb the first week of camp... you become the lesson.

Exactly. 

Some of the depth guys think the way to impress the coaches is to go full-out in practice and hit extra hard.  Part of the lesson is "do your teammates that way and it'll impress us all right - it'll give us the impression your ass needs cut"