Around the League Training Camp Thread

16 hours ago, DolFAN93 said:

So I'm lying and the media covering the Dolphins are too? OK.

He's gained 10 lbs and is taller than Russell Wilson and Kyler Murray so he's not too small, he didn't get to show much of his arm off last year for reasons I've already explained, even while not 100% he was mobile enough last year so that's also wrong, and hasn't been seriously injured since his collegiate career. 

I did say "the first few days". That was his weakest day, much like any other QB on day 1, and it was still an overall solid performance but hey...you almost had it.

quit while youre ahead homer simpson GIF

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Count me as a Tua detractor.  I don't see it.

I don’t see it either. Never should have started even one game last season. Fitzpatrick was far and away the superior QB. This season he doesn’t have Fitz to come in and save him. I saw that Tua averaged 181 yards per game last season. Very Tyrod-esque numbers. Coincidentally, when watching Tua play last season, Tyrod was exactly who I was reminded of as well. 

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

To be fair, I think you would have to rank Tua as the third best QB in the AFCE. (Second best among the starters.)

Wilson is probably better. I'd go Allen - Trubisky - Wilson - Tua - whoever in NE.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/28/2021 at 7:49 PM, billybrew1 said:

I am NOT a KC whatsoever but you have to respect how they do things. They do seem a step ahead of McBeane and it is questionable how much better the abills can be this year. Did we draft defense well? How good are Tremaine, Ed, AJ, Groot and Boogie going to be? What the Bills need are true blue-chippers to emerge out of this group and to date we have none, imho out that group. We did draft White & JA two major blue chippers but SuperBowl teams always have more than two.

I do like that Groot is a total wildcard. I'm not certain anyone knows his floor or ceiling, but I take solace in that. Had Groot put together another year like he had in 2019 we would have NEVER got him. I really hope he is our blue chipper. I have hopes for AJ and Boogie as well though I really don't understand how they're going to turn into feared pass rushers when I think of feared pass rushers I think of shorter, faster players like Von Miller But we'll see.... Gigantic Reggie White was pretty damn good, too.

Why is it that you side with every team that gets compared to the Bills in the threads here?  Every move by some other team is great regardless, and you are negative on the Bills every move in comparison, you are consistent if nothing else… odd fandom concept for sure…, but do enjoy the preseason build up,

On 7/30/2021 at 8:42 PM, thenorthremembers said:

This coming from a guy who has the name DolFan.  I'll believe it when I see it on the field with Tua.  Nate Peterman had great camps and preseasons too.

Too small, too weak armed, too slow, too injury prone. 

I hear down in Miami they call him Mr Velocity…, 😂

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/28/2021 at 3:16 PM, Zerovoltz said:

To open camp today, Kansas City sent out the 1st team OL and that consisted of:

LT Orlando Brown

LG Joe Thuney

C Creed Humphrey

RG Trey Smith

RT Mike Remmers

The bolded are rookies.  I've mentioned it a coupled times here and there since the draft.  Trey Smith is going to prove to be the steal of this entire draft.  Nothing but glowing reports on this guy since he showed up.  Reid is usually not the biggest fan of putting rookies in the starting lineup...but even today on day 1 of camp, Reid gave yet another strong assessment of Smith.

Of course it's still early, and I don't want to discount my Chiefs bias as I report this...so there is that...but being as objective as I can...the very early returns on the rebuilt line and the rookies on it....Smith in particular....is very good.

5th Round TE Noah Gray out of Duke is getting alot of attention and making alot of plays. 

Last years second round LB Willie Gay reported to have had a great day 1 of camp....and was out with the "ones" 

Duvernay-Tardif listed as OG this year

https://www.chiefs.com/team/players-roster/laurent-duvernay-tardif/

Edited by stuvian

4 hours ago, stuvian said:

Just take my word for it.... It is probably going to be Brown, Thuney, Humphrey, Smith, Niang.

KC is going to have some roster cuts at OL that many outsiders will be surprised by.  I won't be shocked at all if LDT deosn't make the team and then retires.

On 7/28/2021 at 7:49 PM, billybrew1 said:

I am NOT a KC whatsoever but you have to respect how they do things. They do seem a step ahead of McBeane

I’m really curious about this statement.  KC was miles ahead of Buffalo when McD and Beane were hired.  Miles.  If they are ahead of them now, it’s by feet or inches.

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, eball said:

I’m really curious about this statement.  KC was miles ahead of Buffalo when McD and Beane were hired.  Miles.  If they are ahead of them now, it’s by feet or inches.

Agreed.  They had years to develop everything about that team.  If you go back and look at year 4 and 5 of Reid in KC, Id say the Bills are the ones ahead of schedule.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On 7/30/2021 at 7:51 PM, Zerovoltz said:

Yes.  I agree.  They aren’t in pads yet.  Many a camp star fades once the pads go on.  They aren’t in pads.  I’m just talking about what there is to talk about and right now that is padless practices and scrimmages.  

Seriously, how can you continually call Smith the "steal of the draft" before pads went on?

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

YIKES

Hope Kirkwood is OK.

They already cut the the kid I guess who hit him. I seen a closeup cell phone video, the hit didn’t look terrible and he seemed to pull up. I get the discipline but cutting the guy seems extreme on such a teachable serious moment