Dawkins and Boettger on Covid list .. Hughes NFI with Calf strain

5 hours ago, Devilmann said:

This thread will probably be closed 24 hours from now

Why?!  We didn't bring up Beasley once!

...s***, my bad.

and @Chandler#81 I need my eye roll emoji.  It's not fair if you do it for my other posts and not this one.

😉    :thumbsup:      🍻   ✌️ 

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just based on the timing the vaccine was released, when the Delta strain is supposed to really hit hard, then a low probability of a vaccinated/infected person even going for testing, then the frequency of testing done in the NFL (less for vaccinated players, but still will be done). The NFL might have one of the better environments we will find in the coming months to understand rates of breakthrough infections against variants as well as decreased immunity as whole.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

He did state that just over 80% of players have at least had the first jab including some that started yesterday and HaplessBillsFans is correct .. he clarified that he was not indicating that Dawkins and Boetgger were or were not vaccinated.

I will say that waiting til camp is silly, albeit better than never. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

Definitely a concern. I saw somewhere that the NFL was going to reevaluate how often they were going to test vaccinated players, it was once a week. They should probably just test everyone everyday to make it even and be extra cautious. 

Of all the things Bease has said, his point on this is right. Vaccinated players need to be tested every day.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I linked it elsewhere but you can read what he had to say here:

(It let me read with just giving my email addy but now it wants a login)

Instructions to read:

Right click on link and save file to drive.  

Open file with another window.

Note: when I tried to change zoom scale it reloaded so be careful in what you touch.  Javascript interacts with block software.

2 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/28/dion-dawkins-ike-boettger-placed-on-covid-19-list/

- Both were vaccinated .. so please no covid vaccine talk. They will be able to return to practice after two negative tests.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/28/jerry-hughes-headed-to-nfi-list-with-calf-strain/

Hopefully everyone back soon ...

Nowhere has it been confirmed both were vaxxed 

• Agree 1

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

then the article is wrong, " But Beane added that both players have been vaccinated, which means they contracted breakthrough infections."

Indeed - Beane did not add that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Not worried about Dawkins and Ike seems like a mild setback as they will hopefully only be out for a week or two. Hughes is a bit worrisome, hoping it is a mild injury just odd to see a calf injury.

Not a great start to camp but better to have these small issues early in camp.

18 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'm a bit concerned with Hughes injury.

This is likely his final season in Buffalo and really need him 100% with no lagging type injury excuse if the dline doesn't produce again this year.

I would rather have him have that injury now rather than later, he doesn't really need a real training camp anyways

Who the hell is our back up LOT?

With Nsekhe gone I have no idea.

Are we starting the rookie Brown at LT?

Are we jumbling our line? Moving Williams to left (he hates that!) and starting Brown at right?

This easily could turn into a big trouble spot for our boys in blue this fall. Can Brown play as a rookie? 

Jery Hughes embarrassed Becton on the Jets.

Speaking of Hughes, why haven't we drafted a Jerry Hughes clone yet? You know, someone that can actually hit the QB?

• Disagree 2

7 hours ago, CuseBill said:

I'm kind of pissed that Jerry did not get the calf vaccine.  As an older player, isn't he in a vulnerable group for those kinds of tweaks?  What was he thinking?

At his advanced age, just getting out of bed is hazardous.

9 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

He did state that just over 80% of players have at least had the first jab including some that started yesterday and HaplessBillsFans is correct .. he clarified that he was not indicating that Dawkins and Boetgger were or were not vaccinated.

Just gonna add this here:

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/07/bills-training-camp-2021-cole-beasley-takes-center-stage-8-observations-from-day-1.html

Apparently we have our own One Bills Drive Rashoman, where a dozen reporters listened to Brandon Beane and came away thinking he said different things about the same two guys

8. Dion Dawkins & Ike Boettger placed on Covid/Reserve list

Beane announced before the start of practice that Dawkins and Boettger were the team’s latest cases after dealing with a few during the offseason. He said one of the players was vaccinated and one wasn’t, and both will have to make it through the protocols before they return to the team. Beane also said the Bills are over 80% with players who’ve had at least one vaccination shot.

Boettger and Dawkins may be the latest implementation of Schroedinger’s Cat