Training Camp practice 7/28

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Get home from work.  Wife wants to hang out.  Yeah right. First day of camp.  Must see and hear everything!  Thanks to @YoloinOhio I can find everything in one spot.  You’re the man.  Thanks again for all that you do

Congrats on 17k posts!

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

Get home from work.  Wife wants to hang out.  Yeah right. First day of camp.  Must see and hear everything!  Thanks to @YoloinOhio I can find everything in one spot.  You’re the man.  Thanks again for all that you do

Couldn't agree more... I say it each year but it's worth saying again how much I appreciate the work you, and others, do YOLO in compiling all of this great content in one thread.

I don't use Twitter or Facebook so this is gold for me.

🍺

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Yes, only 1 practice, but I'm really encouraged to hear Mitch is not looking lost (I would hope so given his experience), but also the budding chemistry with Sanders!  If he really ends up being an upgrade over Smoke, this offense should be down right NASTY!!!   Just gotta get Moss back to full speed....

14 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

WTF are they wearing @ the 7 second mark 

Extra padding on the lineman helmets make it look like something right out of Star Wars.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Is it just me, or does Moss look completely natural catching the football while Motor looks like he’s kind of surprised when he actually pulls it off?

In those 2 clips, yeah Moss looked a bit more fluid catching the ball, but I am much more excited about what a beast Sanders is looking like he might be.  Man he's got those quick feet and sticky hands like Diggs!

7 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

In those 2 clips, yeah Moss looked a bit more fluid catching the ball, but I am much more excited about what a beast Sanders is looking like he might be.  Man he's got those quick feet and sticky hands like Diggs!

Sal made the point that Sanders looked like a much more physical receiver than the Bills have put out there recently, which should help vs the grabby Chefs DBs 

53 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

There is a reason why he had 3 straight >1000 yd seasons with Denver in 2014,15,16 - even with a catch % under 60% for two of them (which last probably had to do with the Ghost of Peyton Manning and Brock Osweiler then the undaring duo of Siemian and Lynch throwing passes in his general direction).

The only question about Sanders is how much speed he’s lost due to age and whether he can hold up OK.  He was active for 16 games in 2019 and 14 games in 2020 (2 games on the Covid list).

31 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

If so, that should theoretically help in the running game as well.  Physical WRs who can effectively block downfield always help!!

The problems I saw in the run game last year had more to do with GETTING the RB downfield.  But yes, downfield blocking is a thing.

The main thing is (again, to my eyes) Brown could just be neutralized by physical DB play.  If he could get separation he was great, but if they could get away with that “sticky” coverage he could get thrown off his route.  He could make some great sideline catches where he knew he was gonna get hit but he would miss if his arm was grabbed or he was held.

Sanders looks like “Honey Badger” out there, He Don’t Care.

Time will tell.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The only question about Sanders is how much speed he’s lost due to age and whether he can hold up OK.

Well, as with all things Bills-related... I'll just keep my fingers crossed! 🤞

But yeah, his body of work over his career has been pretty stellar, even when he's had less than stellar QBs to work with.  Smoke was a real nice upgrade when he came here and he certainly helped with Josh's development, but I'm getting stoked about the kind of upgrade Sanders will be (assuming he holds up).  Looks to be more of a leader to boot.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The only question about Sanders is how much speed he’s lost due to age and whether he can hold up OK.  He was active for 16 games in 2019 and 14 games in 2020 (2 games on the Covid list).

2 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

Well, as with all things Bills-related... I'll just keep my fingers crossed! 🤞

But yeah, his body of work over his career has been pretty stellar, even when he's had less than stellar QBs to work with.  Smoke was a real nice upgrade when he came here and he certainly helped with Josh's development, but I'm getting stoked about the kind of upgrade Sanders will be (assuming he holds up).  Looks to be more of a leader to boot.

The good news is that with the Bills depth ay WR, he won't have to be ridden hard, and put away wet. He'll get the right amount of snaps that balance his ability with his age, and Davis, McK, and whoever earns the #6 spot (assuming we cary six) will see plenty of playing time as well. Amazing that we will be fielding five, or more starting-quality WRs. 

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Amazing that we will be fielding five, or more starting-quality WRs. 

Dare I say this is the BEST overall group of WRs the Bills have EVER had ??   I'm sure that can be debated, but this group is UP there!