Training Camp 7/28 media sessions - Beane, McDermott, Allen, Beasley, Diggs

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I realize it’s very early in camp and I don’t want to jinx things, but I personally applaud the Bills PR team for how prepared Beane, McDermott and the players were to handle the tough questions on the covid stuff. Putting beasely up there took onions and I assume they coached him to use a prepared statement up front as a filibuster which was wise and, at least IMO, effective. Everyone came across professional and buttoned up, while also authentic and thoughtful. 

the statements in the jets coach who passed away and the gifting of carruci a bills jersey with his name on it in recognizing him in retirement was also very classy. If you pay attention to other TC media sessions around the league this week, this was by far the most organized and impressive at least that I saw 

just my two cents 

I totally agree - I also just love how natural Beane is in these settings.  The joke to Sal about getting him the $20 for a football question was just so natural and well timed.

They said a bunch without really saying anything and got Cole out in front to begin to get this behind them. Smart.

It makes me really appreciate this FO and staff getting everyone ready - including Cole to take this on, button it up, and move on.

• Agree 2

52 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I totally agree - I also just love how natural Beane is in these settings.  The joke to Sal about getting him the $20 for a football question was just so natural and well timed.

They said a bunch without really saying anything and got Cole out in front to begin to get this behind them. Smart.

It makes me really appreciate this FO and staff getting everyone ready - including Cole to take this on, button it up, and move on.

Can you imagine if Rex was at the helm? 😂. These guys have their you know what together in pretty much every area imaginable. Our franchise’s best shot at a Super Bowl is going to be with this group. 

• Shocked 2

16 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Can you imagine if Rex was at the helm? 😂. These guys have their you know what together in pretty much every area imaginable. Our franchise’s best shot at a Super Bowl is going to be with this group. 

I shutter at that thought. …. “He who must not be named.”

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I’d rather Allen continue to sling it up and down the field again…. More carries for the RBs means less big plays for Josh Allen.👍🏻

Don’t get me wrong, SL, 350 a game from Allen, I’ll take it.

I just want a real as opposed to speculated fear factor by defenses when our RB get the ball behind the line of scrimmage.

21 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea Ryan Pace referred to it yesterday in his TC opening presser. I have heard front office / coaches from Tampa, Detroit, Chicago and Denver all refer to it. Still, I am encouraged that Beane has been so open. Will listen later. I said in that Poyer thread earlier my advice to the Bills at this point would be to start being more open with the media on where they stand because if they continue to just try and deflect they will only make the thing a bigger deal than it is. 

There is a goal of 85% for each team apparently  (according to joe Marino) but the league didn’t decide to make that # mean anything in terms of how the team can operate as a whole, which was what was originally anticipated would be the case. At least not yet. Instead it’s just the goal, and there are just different protocols for each group. 

Matt Parrino's top 8 observations from Day 1 of Training Camp

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2021/07/bills-training-camp-2021-cole-beasley-takes-center-stage-8-observations-from-day-1.html

He does a good job providing some insights that we do not get to see e.g., "Rousseau continued to flash the quickness that impressed McDermott and defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier at his first camp practice. During some red zone work Rousseau was able to beat his block against Daryl Williams and force pressure into the face of Josh Allen."

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CorkScrewHill said:

Matt Parrino's top 8 observations from Day 1 of Training Camp

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2021/07/bills-training-camp-2021-cole-beasley-takes-center-stage-8-observations-from-day-1.html

He does a good job providing some insights that we do not get to see e.g., "Rousseau continued to flash the quickness that impressed McDermott and defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier at his first camp practice. During some red zone work Rousseau was able to beat his block against Daryl Williams and force pressure into the face of Josh Allen."

Sounds like Rousseau was getting 1st team reps with Hughes out 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

There is a goal of 85% for each team apparently  (according to joe Marino) but the league didn’t decide to make that # mean anything in terms of how the team can operate as a whole, which was what was originally anticipated would be the case. At least not yet. Instead it’s just the goal, and there are just different protocols for each group. 

Sure, that number doesn't have a formal status at this stage but it is a number that teams are conscious of and are actively targeting. 

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sounds like Rousseau was getting 1st team reps with Hughes out 

He goes into more details on the practice and at the 15 minute mark he talks a lot about Rousseau .. stated that he looks the part, had great reps against Darryl Williams, and in general popped.

They later discuss CB2 competition

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Rex would put a Clemson Helmet on - make stupid uncomfortable jokes - then try to come up with uninformed excuses about why they are failing.

🤮

8 hours ago, Nelius said:

I'm not sure how to properly dodge these Covid landmines without sending things off the rails despite it still being the most important NFL story out there, so will try to keep it short and general: 1.) I thought Cole explained himself nicely. The young player thing was a solid piece of info, I don't doubt that at all. 2.) Considering how strict the NFL has been about protocol, I do agree that Josh not wearing a mask means exactly what others think it does. If he was in the same lane as Cole, he'd need to wear mask as well. Nobody's going to let enforcement slip right now just because it's Josh Allen. Everything but football aside, this is a very good thing.

Being the leader that Josh is, he may have already been vaccinated when he was initially asked about it and said that those conversations were going to be kept in house...

I think the Beasley situation exceeded expectations. He reinforced his commitment to the team and dropped his "cut me I'm not going to follow the rules" schtick.

When he sticks to the facts and expresses his concerns in a rational matter, there's no problem. He's allowed to have his opinion and bring to light issues that may effect the team. 

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

Being the leader that Josh is, he may have already been vaccinated when he was initially asked about it and said that those conversations were going to be kept in house...

I think the Beasley situation exceeded expectations. He reinforced his commitment to the team and dropped his "cut me I'm not going to follow the rules" schtick.

When he sticks to the facts and expresses his concerns in a rational matter, there's no problem. He's allowed to have his opinion and bring to light issues that may effect the team. 

I also think Beasley expressed his concerns in a clear and intelligent manner.  They sound reasonable.

• Like (+1) 1