Training Camp 7/28 media sessions - Beane, McDermott, Allen, Beasley, Diggs

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Barely at 80%, are you kidding?  

Yeah.  If 18 guys aren’t vaccinated and it’s reasonable to assume the huge majority of those 18 feel comfortable about making the 53 man roster, that 80% number dips in a hurry come cut down day.  Hey at least we’re not in Washington’s boat, but latest numbers were half the teams with 90% vaccination rates.  For a team with legit Super Bowl aspirations, it’d be a lot better to be in the 90% plus crowd.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Certainly possible but what he says on Twitter in the off-season and what he actually does once TC and the season starts are two different things. Beane and McDermott are approaching this in a professional, respectful way. I expect the team will follow and that will flow both ways. 

that said, there were a lot of players last year who didn’t follow protocols at times on the bills and other teams. That will likely not change. How diligent the league will be with their fines, etc is TBD.

I’m reminded of a story about company expense reports.

A colleague was on a business trip.  His flight deplaned by stairs. As they walked across the windy tarmac, his new Cowboy hat blew off and ramp staff kept him from chasing it (someone on the ramp crew got a nice hat).  So when he filed his expense report, a new Cowboy hat was on there to replace the one he’d lost on his trip.

His supervisor rejected it: “A new hat is not a travel expense”.  Resubmitted it, hat on there again.  Rejected again,  Repeat 2x.

Finally he submitted a report his supervisor approved: “I’m glad to see you took the hat off”

Colleague smiled and said “Oh, it’s on there, you just can’t see it now.”

Point is, it’s one thing to quietly and more-or-less privately break a rule, and another to be public and in the NFL’s face about it.  

If the NFL is reviewing TBD facility footage for any reason, you can bet Beasley has made himself a focus of attention.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

There is NOTHING like the first day of camp!

Love this guy. I trust him and expect him to get better as well. The point about checking his notes before meetings so he’s not just repeating himself and losing his vets attention , GOLD. It the details and he’s all over the details.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Will Beasley be made available after practice?:wub::w00t:

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

You thinking imminent release?

I'll give Beasley an imminent release!:wub:

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If Beasley refuses to comply with the protocols, I don’t see how McDermott can “respect that” and keep the rest of the locker room, but maybe that’s why McDermott is the Leader of Football Men.

How? It is showing he is respecting their choices and trusting them to make the right decisions for themselves! McD seems like a great leader so far, would hate to see him blow it.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just want to say how comfortable I feel about the Bills having Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott in charge of this team.

Hearing them today and thinking back 4 years ago when they came here you can see how much they both have grown too.

Bills fans should be happy we got them on our side!

"Are you ready for some FOOTBALL"!

Edit: 4 years ago.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Training Camp 7/28 media sessions - Beane, McDermott, Allen, Beasley

I'm not sure if this means anything....but Josh, Beane and McDermott did not have a mask on while talking to the Media, while Beasley did have a mask on. Does that mean Josh is vaccinated?" I would think masks would have to be worn for the unvaccinated for the media sessions. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

I'm not sure if this means anything....but Josh, Beane and McDermott did not have a mask on while talking to the Media, while Beasley did have a mask on. Does that mean Josh is vaccinated?" I would think masks would have to be worn for the unvaccinated for the media sessions. 

I think it means more about Beasley than it does about the other 3.  They are outdoors and aren't required to wear a mask.

The only way it could matter is if it is part of the NFL policy for unvaccinated players to require a mask when meeting with the media regardless if it is indoors or outdoors.  

Nice catch though.

2 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

I dunno but I was glad to see Beasley wearing a mask, after his very public statements that he was not going to be following the protocols. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2