Training Camp 7/28 media sessions - Beane, McDermott, Allen, Beasley, Diggs

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

“Can we go to football?”

”Great!  Thanks Sal!  I’ll give you a 20 when we’re done”

Beane says we’re at 80%.  No mention of pushing to get to 85%, if that’s going to be a thing.  He sounded relatively relaxed about it.

That would mean 18 players unvaccinated.  I wonder what the percentage would be on the likely 53-man roster.

• Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

“Can we go to football?”

”Great!  Thanks Sal!  I’ll give you a 20 when we’re done”

Beane says we’re at 80%.  No mention of pushing to get to 85%, if that’s going to be a thing.  He sounded relatively relaxed about it.

That would mean 18 players unvaccinated.  I wonder what the percentage would be on the likely 53-man roster.

There is no 85% threshold for normal activity as had been anticipated. Instead, it is just different protocols for vaxxed vs un-vaxxed. 

6 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Barely at 80%, are you kidding?  

Beane said they are just “above” 80%

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

There is no 85% threshold for normal activity as had been anticipated. Instead, it is just different protocols for vaxxed vs un-vaxxed. 

Beane said they are just “above” 80%

I asked @john wawrow about that in the Poyer interview thread and one of us - @GunnerBill I believe - chimed in to point out that coaches on other teams keep bringing that number up, indicating it still seems to be a thing somewhere for some reason.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I asked @john wawrow about that in the Poyer interview thread and one of us - @GunnerBill I believe - chimed in to point out that coaches on other teams keep bringing that number up, indicating it still seems to be a thing somewhere for some reason.

Unless he was misquoted, Beane specifically said that "just over 80%" of players have had their first shot so this isn't including staff.

He also said that all the staff had been full vaccinated with the exception of one person who was medically exempt from it.

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Vrabel was asked about it yesterday

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If Beasley refuses to comply with the protocols, I don’t see how McDermott can “respect that” and keep the rest of the locker room, but maybe that’s why McDermott is the Leader of Football Men.

As far as I know, this is not a choice McDermott gets to make.  He can respect Beasley’s beliefs all he wants, but the protocols are league mandated as are the consequences of not following them, for individuals and the team.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, FLFan said:

As far as I know, this is not a choice McDermott gets to make.  He can respect Beasley’s beliefs all he wants, but the protocols are league mandated as are the consequences of not following them, for individuals and the team.  

N mind, I’ll drop this here.  I don’t want to stealth this into Yet Another Thread about the Beasen One

50 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yea Ryan Pace referred to it yesterday in his TC opening presser. I have heard front office / coaches from Tampa, Detroit, Chicago and Denver all refer to it. Still, I am encouraged that Beane has been so open. Will listen later. I said in that Poyer thread earlier my advice to the Bills at this point would be to start being more open with the media on where they stand because if they continue to just try and deflect they will only make the thing a bigger deal than it is. 

• Disagree 1

47 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If Beasley refuses to comply with the protocols, I don’t see how McDermott can “respect that” and keep the rest of the locker room, but maybe that’s why McDermott is the Leader of Football Men.

Certainly possible but what he says on Twitter in the off-season and what he actually does once TC and the season starts are two different things. Beane and McDermott are approaching this in a professional, respectful way. I expect the team will follow and that will flow both ways. 

that said, there were a lot of players last year who didn’t follow protocols at times on the bills and other teams. That will likely not change. How diligent the league will be with their fines, etc is TBD.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1