Jim Kelly recovering from ankle replacement surgery

buffaloaggie

Wishing Jimbo a speedy recovery.

But, damn, how many surgeries (counting all the cancer stuff) has he had?  I can't even imagine what it must be like to go through that. I'm 64 and I've never had a surgery or even spent a night in a hospital. I fear that's all going to coming to a screaming halt one day soon. I admit, it scares me a bit.  But Jim is a tough mofo.

• Like (+1) 12

44 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Kelly is a good Illustration as to how the rule changes for the passing game, have extended careers.

Too bad that Jimbo played in the 'before' category.

Imagine what Tom Brady would look like, if he played in Kelly's era...

T*m Br*dy would look like a smear on field if Bruce Smith had tackled him.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 hours ago, The Dean said:

Wishing Jimbo a speedy recovery.

But, damn, how many surgeries (counting all the cancer stuff) has he had?  I can't even imagine what it must be like to go through that. I'm 64 and I've never had a surgery or even spent a night in a hospital. I fear that's all going to coming to a screaming halt one day soon. I admit, it scares me a bit.  But Jim is a tough mofo.

I've been watching some of the 90's games lately..........I'm not sure tough really adequately describes him considering how QB's were getting hit then, and especially him with the way he held on the the ball.  I guess we took it for granted then, but watching some of those plays now I'm amazed that he was even able get back up.  I don't think he feels pain the way us regular human beings do, lol  

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, buffaloaggie said:

Have to say, this is the first ankle replacement that I've ever heard about. Knee, Hip, sure. Hope he gets well soon!

Kelly.jpg

I had never heard about an ankle being replaced.  It’s not surprising. Pretty hefty cast on his leg.

Ankle replacement surgery (History) is relatively new and for cases where there is a lot of damage which body will not recover from naturally.

I had ankle surgery in 90's by Mayo Clinic where a large cyst size of a golf ball which intertwined with ankle bones, tendons and blood vessels was removed.  I asked about recovery and was told that due to amount of damage it was possible I would need further surgery or complete ankle replacement if it did not heal but it did with issues.

Ankle replacement surgery is very complicated and worse part it lasts ~10 years.

Just now, Limeaid said:

Ankle replacement surgery (History) is relatively new and for cases where there is a lot of damage which body will not recover from naturally.

I had ankle surgery in 90's by Mayo Clinic where a large cyst size of a golf ball which intertwined with ankle bones, tendons and blood vessels was removed.  I asked about recovery and was told that due to amount of damage it was possible I would need further surgery or complete ankle replacement if it did not heal but it did with issues.

Ankle replacement surgery is very complicated and worse part it lasts ~10 years.

My father in law has had both replaced in conjunction with having food issues addressed as well. One of them had to have 4 revisions. His stuff was obviously severely messed up and I’m sure about as bad on the spectrum as it gets. I think they actually profiled his problems in some kind of medical journal. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

My father in law has had both replaced in conjunction with having foot issues addressed as well. One of them had to have 4 revisions. His stuff was obviously severely messed up and I’m sure about as bad on the spectrum as it gets. I think they actually profiled his problems in some kind of medical journal. 

I was asked if it was okay for pictures of my surgery for journal as well.   I said fine as along as patient was not identified.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.