Who should be our #1 RB? Singletary or Moss?

Who should our #1 RB Be?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be our #1 RB?

I lean towards Moss, but if DS can get more north/south then he’s got something to offer too.  Breida is going to get some pt because, Speed.  I’m not completely sold that Antonio Williams isn’t the best back we have ( looked really good with limited opportunity, who knows?) so I’m just rooting for a real competition and let the best man win.  Oh and the rugby guy, has he gotten it together, no doubt the best athlete of the group.

11 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I voted Singletary. It's close.

I've been rewatching the whole 2020 season and Singletary stands out more.

Gonna be a good camp battle.

I agree.  I also haven't forgotten how great Singletary was in 2019.  To me, the running game issues of 2020 were as much on the line (if not more) than the backs.  Maybe just a combo of real preparation for the season, instability in the line-up, and a new "pass first" mentality that the line couldn't keep up with. In 2019, Singletary made a lot of plays...we know he isn't super fast, but he was very shifty. and consistently turned what looked like minimal gains into 5-6 yard runs. I feel like people are writing off Singletary a little prematurely.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I agree.  I also haven't forgotten how great Singletary was in 2019.  To me, the running game issues of 2020 were as much on the line (if not more) than the backs.  Maybe just a combo of real preparation for the season, instability in the line-up, and a new "pass first" mentality that the line couldn't keep up with. In 2019, Singletary made a lot of plays...we know he isn't super fast, but he was very shifty. and consistently turned what looked like minimal gains into 5-6 yard runs. I feel like people are writing off Singletary a little prematurely.

Either way at this point blame doesnt matter much.  Our OL is going to look the same.  Their run blocking and Singletarys lack of speed are not a great match.  Time to change something up

I think the RBBC is a good move by the FO.  It's a 17 game season now, foolish to try and run just one back through that type of gauntlet.

I give the nod to DS for RB1 in a timeshare. 

I think there is room for improvement in the RBBC but I am against major investment there, so will live with it.  I don't think the Bills have a power back game right now.  On third and shorts, like with 1 1/2 yards to go, I am not comfortable with just handing the ball off.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Either way at this point blame doesnt matter much.  Our OL is going to look the same.  Their run blocking and Singletarys lack of speed are not a great match.  Time to change something up

Sorry, that is just kinda silly.  Was he too slow in 2019?  Not saying Singletary is the be all to end all, but some are acting like he is a scrub.  There were a lot of extenuating circumstances for the O-line in 2020.  

all you posters with your, "whoever wins."  Well, of course, whoever wins should be the starter!  I think this questions is: who do you think will win!  Come on, pick a side :)

I voted for Moss.  I think he has slightly better hands (not hard to do) and is a better pass blocker.  Breida could be a surprise and be the Rb1.  

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Tell me.. how much great content did we learn day 1 of camp? no? I think your horribly rude replies are getting old

We ‘learned’ what we already knew -that nothing is settled. Thus I jumped square into your lame thread -there’s is no answer. Your childish threads were somewhat tolerated during the off season. But the big boys are back now. Step up your game. 
The kiddies table threads are Already old.

• Vomit 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

We ‘learned’ what we already knew -that nothing is settled. Thus I jumped square into your lame thread -there’s is no answer. Your childish threads were somewhat tolerated during the off season. But the big boys are back now. Step up your game. 
The kiddies table threads are Already old.

Dude, chill out. Everyone is discussing fine, no one complaining about the thread, and then you inject this bizarre snarkiness and, frankly, rather pronounced rudeness that seems to serve little purpose other than being hostile for the fun of it. (Referencing your first post in the thread as well.)

After the drop in the AFCCG I was done with Motor.  The signing of Breida and McDs tendency to have 2 active backs (plus Taiwan Jones) really had me thinking that Singletary could end up in Yeldon like role from last year.  We needed speed at RB.  Beane acknowledged it and acted on it by signing Breida.  Why would the speed RB we signed be inactive?  

now that the season is here, I’m pulling for motor. Josh’s accuracy has improved, maybe Motors offseason work resulted i. His becoming more explosive or dare I say, faster.  I’d love to see it, but I also don’t want to see breida inactive.  Maybe we dress 4 RBs?  Or cut Taiwan?  I can’t see us cutting Jones, but maybe they make some decisions based on position flexibility

4 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I really wish I had a job where people talked to me about the Bills.

work at a liquor store that's all people talk about these days lol

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I think Breida gets 60% of the carries then Moss will get 30% and DS the remainder. 

this is a very interesting take. you may be right but till we see that, my eyes are on moss and motor 

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Moss is so dam slow but he is great in pass protection and he breaks tackles. He should start and get 50% of the snaps with the other half divided between Singletary and the kid from Miami 

Moss does seem slow doesn't he lol