Who should be our #1 RB? Singletary or Moss?

Who should our #1 RB Be?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be our #1 RB?

35 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

PFF rated Devin Singletary the NFL's best pass protecting rb with a grade of 92.1

I believe Zack Moss fared well in pass protection as well, but may not have been trusted as much due to being a rookie and not having OTA's last year.

Yeah he did very well pass blocking. Was very reliable with it. Yeah Moss was still fresh and new. Think he will do well also this season with pass protection.

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

Prefer neither - I think they should utilize them as needed as part of the game plan for the week. 

I like both Moss and Singletary and prefer to have Moss going against heavy blitz teams to pick up attackers - want Singletary against teams that play off more - I think even with his struggles he is better than Moss on pass routes.

As far as running either is fine - both have strengths and weaknesses depending upon blocking scheme.  

This.  I voted for Moss to punish Singletary for that drop against the Chiefs but the allotment of playing time will be influenced by Daboll's game plan each week. Also, it's sometimes just a matter of riding the hot hand.  Regardless, I don't expect either to get above 65% of the RB carries.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

Of the two Moss. But they have to be running back by committee and use the two of them plus Breida wisely over the course of the year. The question is can they find a way to have all 3 active on gameday? Their general approach last year was Singletary and Moss plus Taiwan Jones as starting gunner and emergency 3rd back. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Of the two Moss. But they have to be running back by committee and use the two of them plus Breida wisely over the course of the year. The question is can they find a way to have all 3 active on gameday? Their general approach last year was Singletary and Moss plus Taiwan Jones as starting gunner and emergency 3rd back. 

100% agree, It will be a mix bag this year unless one of them really starts to shine.

I think you got to give Singletary the lion's share until he fails. The general sense seems to be that he's just not the guy, and that may be so, but he's averaged 4.8 ypc in his career, great pass blocking, is tough as nails, etc. It's very possible that he's pretty good but just hasn't had the chance to really put up gaudy stats consistently yet. He only saw 10-15 touches most games last year, 

I love Moss's potential, but I think you need to squeeze Devin for all he's got this year. If he's mediocre this season then move on, maybe even pivot more to Moss a handful of games in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I think you got to give Singletary the lion's share until he fails. The general sense seems to be that he's just not the guy, and that may be so, but he's averaged 4.8 ypc in his career, great pass blocking, is tough as nails, etc. It's very possible that he's pretty good but just hasn't had the chance to really put up gaudy stats consistently yet. He only saw 10-15 touches most games last year, 

I love Moss's potential, but I think you need to squeeze Devin for all he's got this year. If he's mediocre this season then move on, maybe even pivot more to Moss a handful of games in.

Take out Devin's first 5 career games and his average is rather more pedestrian. Once teams got film on his dancing behind the line he has not really been that effective. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Take out Devin's first 5 career games and his average is rather more pedestrian. Once teams got film on his dancing behind the line he has not really been that effective. 

Fair enough, I appreciate the insight. I think you're right, although he did see some random decent ypc spikes last year and still finished with 4.4. I mean 4.4 ypc is Ezekiel Elliott for the past 3 years! Jokes aside, Singletary's kind of a weird back, going through his game log is kind of like 1 step forward, 1 or .75 steps back, repeatedly for 2 years now. It's enough to be skeptical, granted, but also enough to just throw him to the wolves in year 3 and see what happens, imo.

Since we seem to run by committee, the question I have is who will be the 1-2 punch.  Singletary, Moss, Breida?  I definitely want to see more from A. Williams.

Let them duke it out in camp.  I don’t have preconceived notions, as no one lit it up except for a handful of plays out of Williams.

One could argue that RB is the Achilles heel of our offense depending on how you feel about Knox and the TE position. Neither Singletary nor Moss are guys I’d pay big money to. Sure, they’re serviceable, adequate and decent but they’re not elite talents. I do like Singletary’s running style though and Moss runs hard but Buffalo could benefit from upgrading the RB position.

• Like (+1) 1

I will say moss looked a little leaner entering building yesterday.   I like the way he runs and maybe carrying a little less weight will increase his quickness.   Think moss is our guy this year. 

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

One could argue that RB is the Achilles heel of our offense depending on how you feel about Knox and the TE position. Neither Singletary nor Moss are guys I’d pay big money to. Sure, they’re serviceable, adequate and decent but they’re not elite talents. I do like Singletary’s running style though and Moss runs hard but Buffalo could benefit from upgrading the RB position.

With Josh I would never pay big dollars to a RB.  3rd or 4th rounders every 2 years and hope they stick. 

• Like (+1) 1