Josh Allen - A Glitch in the Matrix

I didn't arch the video but it is an interesting idea to view JA as a glitch in the matrix. While this Bills team is good, it's just another 6-10 to 10-6 team that weare do used to.

How did we end up with the difference maker, the chosen one, the good guy?

He is Neo.

Thank you for posting this! I don't have the 57 minutes to watch this now, but this is definitely one I will watch. It was honestly largely his unique personal story that I immersed myself in right after we drafted him that made me go from completely hating the pick to being on board. I'm genuinely curious about what new nuggets can be gleaned from this... I'm sure there are many.

• Like (+1) 1

Loved it. Great video.

However I could have done without the hail murray replay. Or the AFCCG Chiefs highlight reel. Was supposed to be about Allen right? I get hyping up the motivation Allen got from it, but they rightly didn't show the Watson scramble from the 2019 playoffs, so...

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

I didn't arch the video but it is an interesting idea to view JA as a glitch in the matrix. While this Bills team is good, it's just another 6-10 to 10-6 team that weare do used to.

How did we end up with the difference maker, the chosen one, the good guy?

He is Neo.

It is an interesting to think what this roster would turn out with an average or below average QB. Like if Derek Carr were the QB what would this teams record be both last year and this year?

I think this team is probably a 10-11 win team with a decent QB. Josh likely adds 2-3 wins which is impressive.

I think this roster is a very well composed outside of Josh this roster is a lot better than any of the drought era teams. I think the depth, offensive line and attention to smaller areas of the roster are far better than in the past.

While Josh is the big piece that gets this team into title contention the roster is far better constructed than in years past.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Wow. I’m very impressed w/ this documentary. The guy should be working for espn doing 30 for 30s.

6 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

It is an interesting to think what this roster would turn out with an average or below average QB. Like if Derek Carr were the QB what would this teams record be both last year and this year?

I think this team is probably a 10-11 win team with a decent QB. Josh likely adds 2-3 wins which is impressive.

I think this roster is a very well composed outside of Josh this roster is a lot better than any of the drought era teams. I think the depth, offensive line and attention to smaller areas of the roster are far better than in the past.

While Josh is the big piece that gets this team into title contention the roster is far better constructed than in years past.

Look at the Colts when Manning got injured (Yes, I know Buffalos roster was a bit better.) I think Josh adds more than half the wins all on his own. Especially w/ no running game, who else could carry them? 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles

12 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Awesome find OP, watched every second and worth it!!! Love this team, and our QB will be the goat before it’s all over!!!!!!!

It’s amazing to see how Josh had to prove himself to people at every level. Yet, he used those hurdles as chips on his shoulder and got better each step of the way.

Watching this video made me believe, more than ever, that Josh was fated to be our guy all along. He embodies the very best traits of all Buffalonians.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Wow. I’m very impressed w/ this documentary. The guy should be working for espn doing 30 for 30s.

Look at the Colts when Manning got injured (Yes, I know Buffalos roster was a bit better.) I think Josh adds more than half the wins all on his own. Especially w/ no running game, who else could carry them? 

The defense is a top 10 defense, the special teams unit is solid and the offensive playmaking talent is elite and the offensive line very good. If this team had a mid-level QB the team would still have a capable passing attack and I think the ground game would be a lot more productive if it was needed more. I think a lot of the “lack of success” in the ground game is the result of  being so successful at throwing the ball.

This Bills team is far better than those later Manning Indy teams. I think this team is far more comparable to the Colts after Luck left and in 2020 they added a decent QB and got to 11-5. The Bills roster minus Josh is a lot better than you are giving it credit for.

21 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The defense is a top 10 defense, the special teams unit is solid and the offensive playmaking talent is elite and the offensive line very good. If this team had a mid-level QB the team would still have a capable passing attack and I think the ground game would be a lot more productive if it was needed more. I think a lot of the “lack of success” in the ground game is the result of  being so successful at throwing the ball.

This Bills team is far better than those later Manning Indy teams. I think this team is far more comparable to the Colts after Luck left and in 2020 they added a decent QB and got to 11-5. The Bills roster minus Josh is a lot better than you are giving it credit for.

I think they will be a top 10 defense next season, but last year they were middle of the road if I recall. You may be right. They need to shore up the run defense to truly become elite.

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I think they will be a top 10 defense next season, but last year they were middle of the road if I recall. You may be right. They need to shore up the run defense to truly become elite.

The defense was by most metrics graded out to be a top 10 defense. They had an elite secondary and an above average pass rush and a run defense that although it struggled at times finished the season out strong. 

It wasn’t top 3 like it was in 2019 but it certainly was in the top 10 by both the true eye test and the stats.

On 7/28/2021 at 12:36 PM, billsfan89 said:

I think this team is far more comparable to the Colts after Luck left and in 2020 they added a decent QB and got to 11-5. The Bills roster minus Josh is a lot better than you are giving it credit for.

My belief is you swap Rivers and Allen in the playoff game and the Colts walk all over

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

My belief is you swap Rivers and Allen in the playoff game and the Colts walk all over

Oh, yeah.

If you haven't watched this video, it's worth the time.  Gives you a view of Allen's life in football from his childhood.  Interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Was just going to post this video. It’s a good watch. Gets me excited for the season to start.

Cant wait until Next Friday for preseason game #1!!

Hey look, someone knows how to use the search function to a avoid having the same thing posted a third time!  😅

• Haha (+1) 2