Who's our next joique bell for RB's this off season

I’m just hoping the coaches saw enough with Williams’ effort in the game he got in last year to give him a fair shake in camp.  I don’t care what anybody says, right now, you have no clear cut starter at RB, everyone should be competing for every spot.  Breida and Williams should have every opportunity to start over Moss and DS.  I would love to see Moss (re)gain form and claim the starting job and have the same success he had in college, I think he can be a tier 2 type of starter at RB and that would be more than adequate in this O.  Until that happens, everyone should be in play.

16 hours ago, BLO_RIO said:

been thinking about this a lot, I'd hate to see Antonio Williams become something outside our team. He has talent as much as our unproven RB's...Give him a true shot!

based on your recent posts, i doubt it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BLO_RIO said:

been thinking about this a lot, I'd hate to see Antonio Williams become something outside our team. He has talent as much as our unproven RB's...Give him a true shot!

Are you handling Xavien Howard's contract for the Dolphins? 

16 hours ago, UConn James said:

It’s a crowded room, for sure.

Hoping Antonio Williams gets a fair shot as a reserve, but may have to be on the squad. Like him as a change of pace / tactic back… more of a bruiser. But does he play STs well, ‘cause with this coach, you gotta do that as a backup. Taiwan Jones is now 33. There could be an opening.

We really need Moss to come back strong from the injury. In midseason he was looking real good, especially for a rookie with a shortened camp.

Even if Taiwan Jones is a great Special Teams player, I think his time is done. He taking up a valuable roster spot. Time to move on and find someone else who can run fast down the field to watch the return man take a knee in the end zone. 

On 7/27/2021 at 4:58 PM, BLO_RIO said:

And you know this how??  Based on Williams having a good 2nd half against the Fish when the entire team was basically heading for the bus by that point.  I would think the fact that 32 teams passed on Williams 7 times as opposed to Singletary and Moss both getting drafted, apparently none of the 32 GM's agrees with you.

On 7/27/2021 at 4:58 PM, BLO_RIO said:

It’s all high draft pick Bias. It has happened for years with RB’s (eg, priest Holmes, willie Parker, Fred Jackson).  Mediocre high draft picks start over much better undrafted RB’s. I think it’s just risky for head coaches to give the ball to guys who are your underdog sleepers. 

If you believe in Antonio Williams, why wouldn’t you just state that directly and you’re rooting for him.  I’m hopeful too, but measured in any excitement as he only played well in garbage time in the last game of the season against an opponent that all but gave up knowing we were the superior team.

I’m confident he’ll get every opportunity in camp, and this coaching staff will give him a chance.  I’ve said in other threads if he really wants to make the team, he’ll need to do something well in ST.  He’ll have a much better chance at making a roster spot, and then can hopefully get worked in a game.  As you know, you have to make the most out of an opportunity.