Zach Wilson no show at Jets' camp UPDATE: SIGNED

• Inigo Montoya changed the title to Zach Wilson no show at Jets' camp (DAY 2) -- off to great start!

This is mostly on the JETS...they are reportedly trying to push millions of the signing bonus back into 2022 and team and league precedent is that it is paid within 15-30 days of it coming due...

I mean seriously? This is how you want to start things off with the future of your franchise? Arguing over paying a signing bonus he is due to receive?

Just reeks of amateurishness on the JETS organization.

• Agree 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

This is mostly on the JETS...they are reportedly trying to push millions of the signing bonus back into 2022 and team and league precedent is that it is paid within 15-30 days of it coming due...

I mean seriously? This is how you want to start things off with the future of your franchise? Arguing over paying a signing bonus he is due to receive?

Wilson signed today 4 years 35.1 million.

• Inigo Montoya changed the title to Zach Wilson no show at Jets' camp UPDATE: SIGNED- off to great start!
43 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Wilson signed today 4 years 35.1 million.

I saw that..like 5 minutes after I posted or maybe even while I was posting haha

That doesn't change the fact it's an incredibly poor look on the JETS part to try and push guaranteed money into next year for hopefully the face of their franchise for the next 10-12 years.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

The color green?   I am not sure changing colors would improve them.

Maybe a little more Lime? 🤪😂

As far as Wilson, it just reassures the Jets are a shirt show, but at least Wilson’s camp came to its senses and knew they needed to get into camp.

If he is what the Jets need, then he’ll make more than enough $ in four years.  It’s not like $35.1 mil. Is exactly poor.

Edited by machine gun kelly

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I saw that..like 5 minutes after I posted or maybe even while I was posting haha

That doesn't change the fact it's an incredibly poor look on the JETS part to try and push guaranteed money into next year for hopefully the face of their franchise for the next 10-12 years.

That's how you build a Rodgers-Packers-esque relationship....

Let's hope Wilson doesn't become anywhere near that good.

• Like (+1) 1

• Inigo Montoya changed the title to Zach Wilson no show at Jets' camp UPDATE: SIGNED
11 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Per Schefter, compromise was Wilson gets all his signing bonus, Jets get offset language.

It's really not a great look to hold up the signing of your #2 overall draft pick because you want offset language in his contract.  "Hey Zack, we expect you to be the Face of the Franchise and have a long successful career here.... but just in case it doesn't last 4 years sign here

18 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

Well I guess that was inevitable.  But not sure that's going to be money well spent by the Jets when Zach is running for his life on game day!

You absolutely could be right. And a QB's development greatly depends on his environment. Darnold was delayed, sidetracked and probably hurt by the last group there.

But I think Wilson could be a good one.

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's really not a great look to hold up the signing of your #2 overall draft pick because you want offset language in his contract.  "Hey Zack, we expect you to be the Face of the Franchise and have a long successful career here.... but just in case it doesn't last 4 years sign here

Yup. Totally agree here. It was only a day or two, but not a good look.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Shocked the Jets let it get to the final hour. They don’t have a vet QB on the roster and Wilson is supposed to be the future. Why haggle over offset language? Just seems like a sign of poor management.

It's not the offset language that shocks me, it's trying to get him to defer payment of his signing bonus.  Seriously?  You don't have to be a Financial Geniusssss to understand Net Present Value

I do think the Jest are a relatively cash-strapped team.  If not, then they have orders from on-high to behave as such.

A silver lining for the NFL at large, is that the league can use this as evidence that there is no collusion in the NFL.  Just because one team (or 31) do something, doesnt mean that everybody else follows.  In fact, we have teams trying to put toothpaste back into tubes (to counteract any potentially precedent setting moves by clubs).  Best I can do.  Otherwise, Jests is just Jesting, as usual.  Thank god.