Zach Wilson no show at Jets' camp UPDATE: SIGNED

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, but the 1st round contracts are pretty well locked in.  There’s hardly anything to negotiate about.

When you consider he is the main piece in their rebuild it's not a good look that he isn't there. Rookie QB needs all the work he can get heading into the season. This is good for the Bills but not the Jets.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, but the 1st round contracts are pretty well locked in.  There’s hardly anything to negotiate about.

But what about the Bosa precedent? Offset language and bonus payout seem to be the issues that can cause impasses: 

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/8/8/12402198/joey-bosa-contract-holdout-san-diego-chargers-why .  I'm not saying this won't work itself out quickly. Given that he's a qb, he really needs to be at camp, and the Jets need a qb. It doesn't make sense to drag out. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Agree 1

Reminds me of the issues the front office had in Buffalo for a decade.  Coaches change, players change, the team is still the same.  They cant get it right with Adams their only premier player.  They eventually trade him.  New regime now same position and the same thing wiith Maye.   Draft a qb in the top 5 and worried about offset language?  So when they ruin another qb they can skip out on his last year of his contract when he is on another team? 

He'll be signed sooner than later but he's going to face the same challenges and sky high expectations that Darnold, Sanchez, etc did to perform and become a franchise QB in an unforgiving NYC market.

And given what is known about his personality and background it certainly don't seem to be a match so far.

51 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yeah, idk about that. He's a got a bit of Rodgers to his game if you watch the tape. Quick release, different arm angles, buys time with his legs behind the LOS, and he's got more than enough arm strength. Even his incompletions weren't off in a lot of instances. I hope he doesn't pan out for NY, but it's likely he could be a solid starter for them if not more.  

the dude your opinion GIF

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Yeah, idk about that. He's a got a bit of Rodgers to his game if you watch the tape. Quick release, different arm angles, buys time with his legs behind the LOS, and he's got more than enough arm strength. Even his incompletions weren't off in a lot of instances. I hope he doesn't pan out for NY, but it's likely he could be a solid starter for them if not more.  

Me neither, but I can see him as a mid range starter. Guy has some wheels too. 10 rushing TDs at BYU. I try not to let my hatred of the Jets cloud my judgement. Both of my favorite QBs of the draft went to AFC East rivals. Let’s hope my predictions continue to suck. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Man I hate the jets on so many levels. Even as a division foe, I liked Darnold as a person/prospect and same with Wilson. If everyone else managed to get their rookies in house, what's their excuse?! Starting business with the kid by ruffling feathers on a non issue, and setting the kid behind. Just get it done. Thank God I'm not a Jets fan uhhhhhhh

I hear he is trying to force a trade…., 😂

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Who can blame anybody for trying to get the maximum amount of money as possible? Football (still) is a dangerous sport. One hit can change your life. 

Why is that?

I don’t believe he is Big Apple material. See the video above. I don’t think he’ll be comfortable and the NYC media is going to eat him alive

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Whatsamatta?!  You not heard of YouTube?!  You can learn how to do anything !

I just was on YouTube to learn how to change out the motor on my Dewalt Cordless Drill.

I guess I'm ready to take snaps in the Big Apple!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I love to pile on the Jests as much as anyone but who thinks this is a big deal?  There's probably some offset language or some other b.s. Wilson's agent is insisting be adjusted, but losing a day or two of reps isn't going to make or break this kid's rookie season.

Simply being a Jet will ruin this kid's season, if not career.

• Agree 2