Zach Wilson no show at Jets' camp UPDATE: SIGNED

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

IS this true, Gase is a consultant??  Beyond belief after that they went through.

Just more of my parody and Bizarro universe musings.  The again, Christopher Johnson was pretty high on Gase.  Gase was pretty high on ammonia inhalants.

• Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, but the 1st round contracts are pretty well locked in.  There’s hardly anything to negotiate about.

Offset language, performance bonuses, etc, all a big part of it.  He should be asking for no offset, bonus for games played, ProBowl, playoffs etc.  I’m sure his agent is holding their feet to the fire and they don’t like it.

4 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

This kid is going to be the worst QB out of that class. It makes me excited 

I hope that would be debatable between him and Mac Jones 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

only so much new Coach/GMs can do if the sickness comes from up top.

Oh for sure, I believe there were quite a few coaches that likely steered clear of that organization that were available. If I wwas a HC and trying to make a name for myself, Jets job would be one that I'd have a hard time accepting.

4 hours ago, eball said:

I love to pile on the Jests as much as anyone but who thinks this is a big deal?  There's probably some offset language or some other b.s. Wilson's agent is insisting be adjusted, but losing a day or two of reps isn't going to make or break this kid's rookie season.

Simply being a Jet will ruin this kid's season, if not career.

I hate agents.  A lot of these players should negotiate their own contracts.  Some of them got to learn something in college.  The NFL was fine before Zach Wilson ever showed up.  And it will keep going whether he plays a down or not.  Every time a new QB comes into the league, its like they are going to be the best of all time.  (How about that all you Tua lovers?)  If the Jets are playing hardball differently then all the other teams are with their top draft picks, then shame on them.  If the agent is trying to hold the Jets up, then !@#$ Wilson's agent.  That being said.  Its nice the Bills don't have these problems any longer.  

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/edge/football/nfl/teams/nyj/new-york-jets

Only Jets player missing.  Hasn't signed contract yet.

Can't say I'm upset...

J-E-T-S   JETS!  JETS!  JETS!

Wilson isn’t going to pan out. They would have done better staying with darnold. Oh well, whatever keeps the jets in the cellar is fine by me 

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

The Jets passing game coordinator just was killed a few weeks ago right?  Total speculation, but I wonder if the organization is behind at all just from dealing with that.

No, this impasse existed before that. 

This makes zero sense from the Jets perspective. 

11 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

🤣BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Chand, tell us what you really think.

I’m not sure the offset language is really worth this much of a fight between the player and team.  I honestly don’t know who is the difficult party, but if they meet each other in the middle, this shouldn’t last long.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Chand, tell us what you really think.

I’m not sure the offset language is really worth this much of a fight between the player and team.  I honestly don’t know who is the difficult party, but if they meet each other in the middle, this shouldn’t last long.

I understand legal language needs to be negotiated. But they had 3 months to discuss and agree. And a firm, known date for TC. Incompetence on both sides. 

• Agree 2

Let's not become Patriots fans, guys.

Let me explain.

The Bills were once the powerhouse of the AFC East, and the lowly Pats were the trash.  Always in the basement.  I felt bad for their fans.  Then Brady stepped up just as the Bills were fading.

Then came the arrogant Pats fans, talking not only like they were great, but that they were always great, forgetting they were just in our position.

Now it's our turn.  The Jets have taken our place.  Let's stay classy. 😉

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2