Bold predictions - Bills training camp & roster

6 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I don't recall him fumbling last year? Or are you talking about few years back when he was K/R and didn't do too well?

Going back pre-Andre Roberts. I like him a lot & hope he sticks, but I also think the competition will be tough.

Just now, Rico said:

Going back pre-Andre Roberts. I like him a lot & hope he sticks, but I also think the competition will be tough.

Well to be fair all the WR's were really bad large majority of the time before 2019. I think Daboll figured out the best way to use McKenzie and has called right plays   to get the most out of him. 

It's really shows what a player can do when there is decent help around them. Imo there's no way McKenzie would have had the year he just had if the WR's were still Zay Jones, K. Benjamin, Foster etc on offense with him.

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

There is a few that can, but I don't think it's set in stone for anyone yet like it was with Roberts. McKenzie will for sure be in that mix in determining who will be the main guy to be K/R and P/R. 

I agree that McKenzie will make the team also, even if he's not going to be a K/R.

Perfect world.  He is the return guy.  I think he gets more looks in the slot.  There are some matchups where he creates a tougher matchup over beasley.  His ability to stretch teams horizantaly and verticaly from the slot is a problem.  Him winning the return job opens a spot on the roster for another wr.

19 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Perfect world.  He is the return guy.  I think he gets more looks in the slot.  There are some matchups where he creates a tougher matchup over beasley.  His ability to stretch teams horizantaly and verticaly from the slot is a problem.  Him winning the return job opens a spot on the roster for another wr.

Will be interesting to see what happens. Imo and obviously could be dead wrong, but I don't think he ends up being the main K/R. Also yeah he will play slot some here and there for sure but he also will be all over the place like last season I expect. I think Daboll continues to call the right plays to get positive yards from him a lot. 

Also you know he will get many of those jet sweep type plays again. With the top notch WR core Bills have now, it opens up quite a few different things McK can be used for. I can't wait to see the Offense again this year. I only see them getting better. Lol, and that can be a scary thing for opposing Defenses.

4 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Ford and McKenzie are traded at the close of camp.  Trubisky lights it up in pre-season.  Daboll and Trubisky as HC/QB1 as a package deal following the season.  (Denver? Pittsburgh?)

Daboll and Trubisky are tied together. This was part of the deal to bring Trubisky here, otherwise it made no sense. Trubisky only gets traded for a first round pick, IMHO.  And if that happens, Daboll is pissed. 

12 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Daboll and Trubisky are tied together. This was part of the deal to bring Trubisky here, otherwise it made no sense. Trubisky only gets traded for a first round pick, IMHO.  And if that happens, Daboll is pissed. 

Totally agree.  Good business for both of them.  

• Like (+1) 1

My BOLD predictions:

#1-- Bills keep six DEs:

Hughes

Epenesa

Rousseau

Basham

Obada

Johnson

Addison gets cut in favor of Obada, who is going to be a beast in the rotation. They keep Johnson because he is a special teams standout.

#2-- Big shake-up at running back!

Christian Wade competes, and earns K/P returner. 

Moss is a lock for his pass pro acumen.

Breida shines as a scatback with breakout acceleration.

Williams proves to be valuable as a downhill power back for short yardage situations.

Singletary becomes redundant, odd man out, and is cut, or traded.

#3-- Backup WR competition:

Bills keep six WRs.

If Beasley doesn't tweet his way out of a job:

Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, Davis, McKensie, and.... Marquis Stevenson ftw.

If Beasley does reach a tweet too far:

Diggs, Sanders, Davis, McKensie, Stevenson, and.... Tanner Gentry. That's right. Tanner Gentry. He's played special teams, and Josh Allen loves him. Recent Josh quote: "He has the strongest hands of anyone I know." He is all over Josh's Wyoming highlight reel. The chemistry is already there.

Edited by Rocky Landing

40 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I can see an outside chance Antonio Williams making the team if he can contribute on ST.

Obada makes the team and Addison is cut on the 53 cut down.

Wade’s time is finally over.

Wade has another year of roster exemption because of covid. I very much doubt the Bills cut bait completely given that. He will be cut on cut down day but unless another team signs him to their 53 he will be back for a 3rd and final year on the PS with the pathway programme designation. 

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Wade has another year of roster exemption because of covid. I very much doubt the Bills cut bait completely given that. He will be cut on cut down day but unless another team signs him to their 53 he will be back for a 3rd and final year on the PS with the pathway programme designation. 

Thanks GB.  I forgot they extended the pathway program.  I don’t see him making the 53 though.

15 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Ford and McKenzie are traded at the close of camp.  Trubisky lights it up in pre-season.  Daboll and Trubisky as HC/QB1 as a package deal following the season.  (Denver? Pittsburgh?)

Denver with those WRs would be a great landing spot for Daboll.

16 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Well to be fair all the WR's were really bad large majority of the time before 2019. I think Daboll figured out the best way to use McKenzie and has called right plays   to get the most out of him. 

It's really shows what a player can do when there is decent help around them. Imo there's no way McKenzie would have had the year he just had if the WR's were still Zay Jones, K. Benjamin, Foster etc on offense with him.

It also did not help with WR Coach and OC who sucked.

22 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The amount of shade thrown at Singletary despite being our number one total yardage( obviously Josh not counted) player since he joined the team is crazy to me. He has gone for 950+ yards both years and he is in a time share situation behind an average run block line. He is not a Saquon Barkley or CMC but he is an average NFL starter. 

did I throw shade at Singletary.  Nope.  However, Moss outplayed him last year, and Breida offers something neither he nor Moss possess: home run speed.  That leaves Singletary fighting with Williams for the 3rd spot.