Bold predictions - Bills training camp & roster

On 7/27/2021 at 9:22 AM, HappyDays said:

We almost let him walk in free agency. I think they're ready to live without him. Hodgins offers size and ball skills and has gotten some buzz this offseason. I predict Stevenson makes the team because Beane rarely cuts new draft picks and he can take on McKenzie's role. If Stevenson doesn't show anything in training camp then McKenzie is probably safe and they'll try and put Stevenson on the PS.

Ya think ? PS is Stevenson best bet...he isnt replacing McKenzie as a receiver .

Does anyone remember the thousands of posts when someone boldly predicted Duke would make the 53 man roster over Zay to start the season? Zay made the squad over Duke and the OP went ballistic when he was made fun of. 

Well, my bold prediction Duke will NOT make the 53 man roster. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/27/2021 at 8:54 AM, HappyDays said:

Training camp starts tomorrow and we're a month away from the Bills 53-man roster being set. Post your bold predictions here.

I'll start with two of my own:

1) After the obvious quartet of Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, and Davis, the last 2 WRs to make the team will be Hodgins and Stevenson. McKenzie will be a surprise cut.

2) Cody Ford will be traded for a 4th or 5th round pick near the end of training camp. Forrest Lamp will take his spot on the roster.

Think they will surprise and keep 7 WR. 

Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, Davis, Hodgins, McKenzie, Stevenson

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

Does anyone remember the thousands of posts when someone boldly predicted Duke would make the 53 man roster over Zay to start the season? Zay made the squad over Duke and the OP went ballistic when he was made fun of. 

Well, my bold prediction Duke will NOT make the 53 man roster. 

@Alphadawg7 had the last laugh though as 4 or 5 weeks later Zay was traded away and Duke was promoted. It was a bold prediction, but I think it was initially treated as a more crazy proposition than it was. Where I disagreed was with Alpha a tad was that it was anything to do with Duke being a serviceable NFL receiver, it wasn't and he isn't. Where I did agree with him was by that point it was clear Zay was barely that despite being a 2nd round pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Zach Ertz thread will remain until weeks after the trade deadline

Josh Allen leads the team in rushing

Our RB's will only be used for blocking from week 5 on

We'll be given a loss for a forfeit due to Covid

Opening week ... Free beer and hots

On 7/27/2021 at 8:54 AM, HappyDays said:

Training camp starts tomorrow and we're a month away from the Bills 53-man roster being set. Post your bold predictions here.

I'll start with two of my own:

1) After the obvious quartet of Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, and Davis, the last 2 WRs to make the team will be Hodgins and Stevenson. McKenzie will be a surprise cut.

2) Cody Ford will be traded for a 4th or 5th round pick near the end of training camp. Forrest Lamp will take his spot on the roster.

McKenzie is too versatile to cut. He can return punts and his threat for jetsweeps makes defenses have to protect, making them weaker against the other things we do. Also his inside receiving is depth for Beasley going down. McKenzie at these prices is a steal.

25 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

McKenzie is too versatile to cut. He can return punts and his threat for jetsweeps makes defenses have to protect, making them weaker against the other things we do. Also his inside receiving is depth for Beasley going down. McKenzie at these prices is a steal.

After the first week of training camp McKenzie seems like a lock to make the team. And Kumerow might be the favorite to be the #6 WR. I would be surprised to see us cut Stevenson considering we just drafted him but he might be a victim of the numbers. Maybe this is finally the year we keep 7 WRs but I wouldn't count on it.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

After the first week of training camp McKenzie seems like a lock to make the team. And Kumerow might be the favorite to be the #6 WR. I would be surprised to see us cut Stevenson considering we just drafted him but he might be a victim of the numbers. Maybe this is finally the year we keep 7 WRs but I wouldn't count on it.

I'd like to see Stevenson in action. Kumerow is a favorite of Rogers. How bad could he be. He was never given a chance with us. He's talented. We are looking set at receiver. I'll give Knox 4 games to show consistency. No mindless drops or missed blocks resulting in exposing Josh to hard hits.