Bold predictions - Bills training camp & roster

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yea it was as bad if not worse when Ford was in there. 

He was playing hurt. I don’t have a dog in the fight but I’ll give him a chance to see how he plays when healthy. 

3 minutes ago, eball said:

He was playing hurt. I don’t have a dog in the fight but I’ll give him a chance to see how he plays when healthy. 

I don't either and the Bills are going to give Cody every single chance to prove he is a starter. But if come the end of pre-season he isn't I think him being moved is not that crazy. It is sort of now or never for him. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rico said:

1. Trubisky will look good in the pre-season.

2. Josh will have a bad game in the regular season.

3. After that bad game, some posters will be calling for Mitch to start.

So Billsy it could happen!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

BOLD prediction:  Bills will play games!  They will win some and they will lose some.

I know - really going out on a limb there. 😉

Not sure how bold this is, but I think Dane Jackson will get the CB2 nod.  Oh and HappyDays - McKenzie ain't getting cut!

Turn in your Fan Card😡

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

At this stage it seems almost a bold prediction to claim McKenzie makes the team with so many people writing him off. 

For the third year in a row I will tell people he will make the team and for the third year in a row health permitting he will be here for the opener.

My bold prediction for things that happen between now and the season starting... I'd go:

The Bills trade Mitch Morse straight up for a starting corner. 

So, Mongo to Center? Then Ford stays.

We have a talented and deep secondary, but I’d like to see us bring in an established vet.  Then go BIG and trade a high pick for a DE/Edge!

• Haha (+1) 1

Not sure any of these are necessarily 'bold' but I could see any of the following happening:

1) Jake Fromm looks great in camp and we trade Trubisky to a team that loses their starter to injury in camp and get a good pick in return (i.e. 3rd rounder or more)

2) Addison is cut or traded regardless of his cap hit.

3) We make a surprise move at DT and Harrison Phillips and/or Star L is cut or traded (also regardless of cap hit)

4) I think someone mentioned this but Cody Ford is also cut or traded as he continues to disappoint or gets hurt again.

5) Antonio Williams emerges and makes Moss or Singletary available for trade or release.

6) We finally trade for Ertz or sign him if when he's inevitably released.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

1. Trubisky will look good in the pre-season.

2. Josh will have a bad game in the regular season.

3. After that bad game, some posters will be calling for Mitch to start.

That's not bold...it's almost a sure thing.

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

We dont have a return guy.  I think Mckenzie is safe.  If Hodgins, the offical 2021 TC roster boble super star, makes the team is becauae the team moved on from Beasley.  

We signed a Brandon Powell to compete as a returner and drafted Stevenson who can fly. That's going to be a legitimate competition. 

25 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

So, Mongo to Center? Then Ford stays.

In a scenario where they trade Morse yes Feliciano would become the full time center and Ford would very likely stay. 

Just now, Motorin' said:

We signed a Brandon Powell to compete as a returner and drafted Stevenson who can fly. That's going to be a legitimate competition. 

there is but both Beane and McDermott have been abundantly clear in pressers that Isaiah gets first crack. I wouldn't quite say it is "his job to lose" but I am pretty sure their ideal outcome is he wins the job. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

In a scenario where they trade Morse yes Feliciano would become the full time center and Ford would very likely stay. 

there is but both Beane and McDermott have been abundantly clear in pressers that Isaiah gets first crack. I wouldn't quite say it is "his job to lose" but I am pretty sure their ideal outcome is he wins the job. 

I'd love for him to win that competition, and get more reps in the slot. We shall see. I have a good feeling about Stevenson too. 

This is a good thread.  I will say this, it's nice that our debates are now about depth players!!  (well, besides RB.  I see Moss and Breida in a timeshare.  Singletary and Willams battle for #3). 

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Craig Oi said:

My Predictions...Bold but possible...Hollister and Allen rediscover their college magic and he beats out Knox for TE1. Bold trade...The logjams at WR and DL allows them to find a partner(s) and they trade Beasley and Hughes...Improbable...Mitch lights it up and he is traded to a team whose QB goes down for a 1st rd pick. 

I had not thought of the fact that Tribiskey at that cost(2.5 million) is a great deal if you need a starter to bridge for an injury. I certainly could see someone trading a first for him if they think they will draft later in the draft.

16 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

This is a good thread.  I will say this, it's nice that our debates are now about depth players!!  (well, besides RB.  I see Moss and Breida in a timeshare.  Singletary and Willams battle for #3). 

The amount of shade thrown at Singletary despite being our number one total yardage( obviously Josh not counted) player since he joined the team is crazy to me. He has gone for 950+ yards both years and he is in a time share situation behind an average run block line. He is not a Saquon Barkley or CMC but he is an average NFL starter. 

3 hours ago, Logic said:

- AJ Epenesa will turn heads and will earn the starting LDE role (not that "starting" means much with the way this D rotates linemen)

I think this has a good chance of happening too. Looking forward to seeing him this season.

17 minutes ago, Offside#76FredSmerlas said:

Antonio Williams makes the final roster and is named the starter at about the 10 game mark.

He is another to keep an eye on. If he happens to get a chance again, I think he will make the most of it again. There's a few different position battles that will be interesting to watch in TC