Bold predictions - Bills training camp & roster

Beasley contracts a new strain of the COVID virus that turns him into a zombie.  He managers to infect the receiving core and Allen is forced to put them all down by throwing bullets through their brains from 100 yards away with pinpoint accuracy.

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Training camp starts tomorrow and we're a month away from the Bills 53-man roster being set. Post your bold predictions here.

I'll start with two of my own:

1) After the obvious quartet of Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, and Davis, the last 2 WRs to make the team will be Hodgins and Stevenson. McKenzie will be a surprise cut.

2) Cody Ford will be traded for a 4th or 5th round pick near the end of training camp. Forrest Lamp will take his spot on the roster.

I don't really think either of these are that bold

36 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

My bold prediction for things that happen between now and the season starting... I'd go:

The Bills trade Mitch Morse straight up for a starting corner. 

Now THAT would be interesting......

1 hour ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

but could it be possible Mario Addison is a cut? We have a lot of young guys vying for limited spots. Given his age

and cost (mind you I did not bother to look at cost savings from cutting him now) Is Mario even after this season?

You should have looked.....Bills save almost no $$$ and take a significant hit but cutting Addison.  Otherwise he would already be gone.

39 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

At this stage it seems almost a bold prediction to claim McKenzie makes the team with so many people writing him off. 

For the third year in a row I will tell people he will make the team and for the third year in a row health permitting he will be here for the opener.

My bold prediction for things that happen between now and the season starting... I'd go:

The Bills trade Mitch Morse straight up for a starting corner. 

This.  

1.   Mckenzie stays.   He is returner. 

2.  Morse or Ford traded. Beane always manages to find that team who gets hit with injury bug. 

3.  Surprise cut is Phillips. 

My humorous one...

4.   We go into the season with no punter.  I mean ***** it we rarely punt anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Kwai San said:

Now THAT would be interesting......

Yea it would. I just think if the corner battle does not go well early in camp their only way to address it is a trade and nobody is giving up a starting level corner at that stage without something of value back. Morse took a paycut in the spring to stay, that tells me there is at least some willingness inside the building to countenance life without him. I suspect this is his last year in Buffalo anyway, and trading him would save $5.5m in cap space this year. While it would also leave about the same in dead cap that would be spread across two years (this year and next). They have Feliciano under contract on a relatively team friendly deal for the next 3 years.... they have lots of options at the guard spots.... I don't expect it to happen but in terms of thinking through slightly bold things that would at least make some sort of sense that is the one I landed on. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Blainorama5 said:

BOLD prediction:  Bills will play games!  They will win some and they will lose some.

I know - really going out on a limb there. 😉

Not sure how bold this is, but I think Dane Jackson will get the CB2 nod.  Oh and HappyDays - McKenzie ain't getting cut!

The “lose some” is controversial here.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BLO_RIO said:

Emmanuel Sanders leads the team in Receiving Yards! I think people are overlooking this player.

Nobody cares about these stats during training camp

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The “lose some” is controversial here.

ehh, if we're just talking about training camp here, then i could care less about losses.

My camp takes. Not sure how "bold" any of them are, but here we go:

- Reggie Gilliam's roster spot is in jeopardy. Hollister can play the move TE/H-back role that Gilliam played last year. The staff may want to keep less numbers at TE than they normally would to make space for a 7th WR.

- The Bills' best 11 personnel set -- the set they ran most often on offense last year, mind you -- will prove to be Diggs and Davis out wide, with Sanders in the slot.

- Harrison Phillips has a monster camp and a breakout year

- Levi Wallace will once again hold off challengers and win the CB2 spot.

- CB Nick McCloud and TE Quintin Morris will make the 53-man roster as UDFAs

- AJ Epenesa will turn heads and will earn the starting LDE role (not that "starting" means much with the way this D rotates linemen)

29 minutes ago, ProcessYaDigg said:

Nobody cares about these stats during training camp

ehh, if we're just talking about training camp here, then i could care less about losses.

I think these stats could mean more then you think, shows a instant connection with JA early in game action not just practice.

My Predictions...Bold but possible...Hollister and Allen rediscover their college magic and he beats out Knox for TE1. Bold trade...The logjams at WR and DL allows them to find a partner(s) and they trade Beasley and Hughes...Improbable...Mitch lights it up and he is traded to a team whose QB goes down for a 1st rd pick. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Craig Oi said:

My Predictions...Bold but possible...Hollister and Allen rediscover their college magic and he beats out Knox for TE1. Bold trade...The logjams at WR and DL allows them to find a partner(s) and they trade Beasley and Hughes...Improbable...Mitch lights it up and he is traded to a team whose QB goes down for a 1st rd pick. 

Our minds think alike! Good One!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

51 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Beasley contracts a new strain of the COVID virus that turns him into a zombie.  He managers to infect the receiving core and Allen is forced to put them all down by throwing bullets through their brains from 100 yards away with pinpoint accuracy.

Will Allen get a movie deal for the book?

Morse gets dinged in camp and starts the year on IR.

Breida gets cut and re-signed after initial cuts

Hollister is TE1

One DL starter (Mario or Harrison or Jerry) from last year is not on the 53 (traded or cut)

One additional prediction (not sure I'd call it bold) - I expect Jack Anderson to have an impressive camp and pre-season. Wouldn't at all stun me if in 3 or 4 weeks we are talking about him as one of those guys who it might not be easy to sneak onto a practice squad.  

• Like (+1) 2