Un(der)recognized all time classics

OGTEleven

2 hours ago, T&C said:

Dr. Demento! I used to listen to it back in WNY on Saturday afternoons, wish I could remember what station. Heard "Call Any Vegetable" for the first time thanks to the good doctor.

Apparently Weird Al has given Dr. Demento (Barry Hansen) a few background roles in his videos.  Dr. Demento is credited with giving Weird Al national exposure.

14 hours ago, T&C said:

Dr. Demento! I used to listen to it back in WNY on Saturday afternoons, wish I could remember what station. Heard "Call Any Vegetable" for the first time thanks to the good doctor.

In Syracuse it was Sunday nights, I think after 11pm.  Dr. Ruth was on a competing station at the same time.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, T&C said:

Grew up on it. This thread is giving me the Existential Blues.

That said, there's a few tracks that I understood were going to be just too obscure to be as awesome as I knew they were. Even in some cases when the bands caught on. And so they were, and I thought they shouldn't be. I'm gonna thing of 100 things after I submit this post but let's do the Ralonzo thing and throw crap against the wall and see what sticks (reserving the right to add on). If there's something obscure with a riff that needs to live on, I'm posting it here. This is the ***** I turn to 11 when it comes over my speakers, knowing that nobody else knows what it is. Just tracks that I thought were so much better than ever got credit for.

Edited by Ralonzo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.