• Raintree Inn
    • La Nova
    • Gabriel's Gate
    • Nine-Eleven Tavern
    • The 33 Speakeasy Grill
    • Route78 Street Bar
    • Mr Goodbar

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

If I can only do one for pizza, and I’m a straight pepperoni guy, which do you recommend while I’m in town for the game?

99% of every pizzeria in wny uses cup and char 

about 1 percent have big immigrant customer bases and uses beef pep , no cup and char

out of the 99% of places that uses cup and char 95% of those places use Margherita pepperoni… the other places use a local cup and char called battistoni 

As a transplanted WNYer, I can get good wings outside of Buffalo.   What I miss most are subs.   Subs where I live, the bread is doughy and the meat minimal.   The sub rolls in WNY are just superior.  Wegmans in State College PA will put out pizza with a sign saying spicy cup pepperoni vs the thin crap pepperoni you get down here, hell you dont even really taste the pepperoni.  How anyone likes some razor thin pepperoni is beyond me.

Edited by billsfan714

44 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

As a transplanted WNYer, I can get good wings outside of Buffalo.   What I miss most are subs.   Subs where I live, the bread is doughy and the meat minimal.   The sub rolls in WNY are just superior.  Wegmans in State College PA will put out pizza with a sign saying spicy cup pepperoni vs the thin crap pepperoni you get down here, hell you dont even really taste the pepperoni.  How anyone likes some razor thin pepperoni is beyond me.

Yea, agree. That thin pepperoni is a felony assault on good pizza.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Virgil said:

If I can only do one for pizza, and I’m a straight pepperoni guy, which do you recommend while I’m in town for the game?

My favorite bud is Blasdell Pizza.  They have one in Blasdell, one in Hamburg on the same road leading to the stadium.  Large, pepperoni, well done light cheese, extra sauce.  That’s a little slice of heaven Virg.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

Tried wingnutz yesterday for the first time. Very good but I think Nine Eleven and Bar Bill are still ahead for me. 

Wings were perfectly cooked, good crisp, very large and of very high quality. I ordered days ahead of time for a 2:30 pickup. Got there around 2:25 and I think the order came out around 2:33. Really appreciated that they weren’t already sitting in on the shelf for god knows how long. Seemed they are very cognizant of pickup time and making sure the timing of when they come out is right. 

The only drawback is that a couple of the flavors were too heavy on the sauce for my liking. They were totally drenched and it took some of the crisp off after some time. This was true for eating them right there on site. 

The wingnutz mild were the star of the show and next time I’d probably get a bunch of those only. Cajun and bbq sauces were good but nothing special. Wingnutz hot probably would have been really good if eaten right away but they too were drowned in sauce and were pretty mushy by the time we got to them at the tailgate. 

Overall would absolutely go back and probably just order different next time. Being able to schedule an order ahead of time was really nice for a game day. 

First time in Buffalo this wknd for the game. We went to Gene McCarthy's Old First Ward Brewing Company and the wings were fantastic I highly recommend them! Very cool old classic neighborhood pub I liked this spot a lot. Only other wings I tried was sports bar downtown called Sidelines. Those were solid but nothing special 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Tried wingnutz yesterday for the first time. Very good but I think Nine Eleven and Bar Bill are still ahead for me. 

Wings were perfectly cooked, good crisp, very large and of very high quality. I ordered days ahead of time for a 2:30 pickup. Got there around 2:25 and I think the order came out around 2:33. Really appreciated that they weren’t already sitting in on the shelf for god knows how long. Seemed they are very cognizant of pickup time and making sure the timing of when they come out is right. 

The only drawback is that a couple of the flavors were too heavy on the sauce for my liking. They were totally drenched and it took some of the crisp off after some time. This was true for eating them right there on site. 

The wingnutz mild were the star of the show and next time I’d probably get a bunch of those only. Cajun and bbq sauces were good but nothing special. Wingnutz hot probably would have been really good if eaten right away but they too were drowned in sauce and were pretty mushy by the time we got to them at the tailgate. 

Overall would absolutely go back and probably just order different next time. Being able to schedule an order ahead of time was really nice for a game day. 

I really tried to like them and Nine Eleven. I've tried both multiple times to make sure I didn't get a bad batch.  It's crazy how similar they are down to the bat**** crazy owners. I didn't find either places sauces appetizing, they're the only two places where I've eaten a couple wings and threw the rest out. The flour all over the wingnutz wings was not good and they lost their mind and lied about it when I asked saying they don't put any on(you could see them tossing the wings in flour in the kitchen) They're both in my bottom 3 with the boiled wing place in Canada. 

Pony's in Middleport says hi.

If their Main Street in Clarence location 20 years ago just would have been better situated for the type of restaurant they were (to start in Erie County it should have just been a wing take out place.  Low overhead) they would still be a Buffalo staple today.

If out go there and try, or take some home I will guaranty* you will be satisfied.

(*  This guaranty is not backed by ****.  I am just getting the word out that these are really good wings with a little selling point.  For more on "guaranty" please watch the movie Tommy Boy)

On 9/19/2022 at 4:43 AM, machine gun kelly said:

My favorite bud is Blasdell Pizza.  They have one in Blasdell, one in Hamburg on the same road leading to the stadium.  Large, pepperoni, well done light cheese, extra sauce.  That’s a little slice of heaven Virg.

About a decade or so ago, I got a pepperoni pizza from Blasdell without knowing anything about it.  I was drunk and hungry and their menu was in the hotel room.  Since then, a post-game pepperoni pie from Blasdell has become an annual post-game tradition.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

They've gone down hill a lot in the last 5 years or so. 

The last time I was there, 2 years ago, they were perfect.  It was the highlight of the weekend which included stops at Bar Bill, Gene McCarthys and Gabes Gate. 

The common theme here is one bad batch or off night can ruin a person's opinion of a wing joint.  

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

The last time I was there, 2 years ago, they were perfect.  It was the highlight of the weekend which included stops at Bar Bill, Gene McCarthys and Gabes Gate. 

The common theme here is one bad batch or off night can ruin a person's opinion of a wing joint.  

I wish it was only once at duff's. They were my favorite by far. So I gave them many chances. 

• Like (+1) 1

Was in a few weeks ago for the Pittsburgh game. Wanted to go to Bar Bill Saturday around 4pm and it was packed, not even a seat at the bar. So headed to Duffs in OP, equally packed. Bummed out I was going to drive around to see what bar I could find and just around the corner from Duffs was 240 South Grill. Not a lot of cars in the lot so I figured why not. The wings were crispy and pretty good. Bar got packed about an hour later. Really wanted to try Bar Bill or Duffs but I wasn't disappointed with 240 South.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.