• Raintree Inn
    • La Nova
    • Gabriel's Gate
    • Nine-Eleven Tavern
    • The 33 Speakeasy Grill
    • Route78 Street Bar
    • Mr Goodbar

15 minutes ago, boater said:

Ya. Weird. Check out their website. Inexplicably to me, the Sheridan location has a very limited menu compared to their other locations. I wish Sheridan had the broader menu since it's my closest. Oh well. It's also 1000 decibels in the Sheridan dining room.

Funny you say that! A few years back there was a long line to get in, but I thought I’d try to get lucky with a seat at the bar. Two things stand out: Is there even a bar? If there is, it’s not much of one. Oh, and secondly……IT WAS LOUD IN THERE!!!

5 hours ago, Marvin said:

I miss Rooties.  It won the Best Wings prize in the initial Wing Fest.

They were great. And the 2-for-1 coupons were plentiful. Reallylimed Rooties.

Another great long lost wing joint was the Tally Ho in Niagara Falls (no relation to the strip club of the same name).

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

If you actually live in 716 it’s definitely surprising if you’ve only had 1 

Yeah, I live in the 716 but I never have anyone to go out with anymore. I'm the only single one of all my friends and no one does anything anymore for me to go out and try places. I mean, I guess I can go and sit there myself but I would feel weird doing that lol

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Yeah, I live in the 716 but I never have anyone to go out with anymore. I'm the only single one of all my friends and no one does anything anymore for me to go out and try places. I mean, I guess I can go and sit there myself but I would feel weird doing that lol

One of these days just suggest a quick drink with one of your buddies.. Tell him nothing crazy just a beer or 2

And go to Mr. Goodbar , Route 78 or 33 speakeasy ✌️✌️👍👍 

goodluck and go bills 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

One of these days just suggest a quick drink with one of your buddies.. Tell him nothing crazy just a beer or 2

And go to Mr. Goodbar , Route 78 or 33 speakeasy ✌️✌️👍👍 

goodluck and go bills 

Oh, I have. Believe me, I have. It's like pulling teeth. They all have kids and are married and sh*t. It's damn near impossible for them to get out. It's kinda funny because some of the reasons I get are "I can't I already made plans with the wife". I'm always like "dude, you see her every damn day" lol. They don't like bars anymore especially. They've grown allergic to them over the years. Usually if I do have drinks with them at all, it's usually something at one of our houses but even that is rare

12 hours ago, boater said:

Ya. Weird. Check out their website. Inexplicably to me, the Sheridan location has a very limited menu compared to their other locations. I wish Sheridan had the broader menu since it's my closest. Oh well. It's also 1000 decibels in the Sheridan dining room.

I don’t think it’s inexplicable.  When in town I go to Duff’s for the wings specifically.  I go elsewhere in the area for pizza subs weck etc.  I remember 30 years ago a pitcher of beer, wings, and paper towels to wipe yourself down.   I always appreciated there was no attempt at obfuscation.  

Edited by goober

3 hours ago, goober said:

I don’t think it’s inexplicable.  When in town I go for the wings specifically.  I go elsewhere for pizza etc.  I remember 30 years ago a pitcher of beer, wings, and paper towels to wipe yourself down.   I always appreciated there was no attempt at obfuscation.  

18 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

Miller has this effortlessness when engaging O-linemen, almost like martial arts.

What he does reminds me of Tai Chi/Push Hands which is pure energy and effortlessness that can throw somebody bigger than you back 5 feet. There's a gracefulness with Von Miller and it feels like he always avoids the brunt of the contact. 

Goobs, you can’t get Buffalo pizza anywhere.  It’s the exact opposite.  I live in Tampa and right down the street in the Westchase area, there is a joint called McDivotts.  They have awesome garlic hot wings, and they purchase the jumbo so good stuff.  In the same plaza is Mothers (one of two owners is from Buffalo) and they make make an incredible Beef on Weck.  They actually use prime rib, have kimi Kaiser rolls, have excellent horseradish and gravy.

When I can’t get here is Blasdell or Abbott Pizza.  Those guys use the bridgeford type pepperoni, the kind that curls up and crackles from the heat, and the sauce, umpph.  

Some may think it’s crappy, but there is nothing replaceable to Mighty Taco.  Those are the two things I have to get when in Buffalo.    Not all Buffalo pizza is perfect, but I crave those two things so much I Venmo my sisters $ to freeze the items and take down on the plane.  Pizza is kind of impossible so I get their pizza subs.  

Enjoy the day guys.  MGK.

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Goobs, you can’t get Buffalo pizza anywhere.  It’s the exact opposite.  I live in Tampa and right down the street in the Westchase area, there is a joint called McDivotts.  They have awesome garlic hot wings, and they purchase the jumbo so good stuff.  In the same plaza is Mothers (one of two owners is from Buffalo) and they make make an incredible Beef on Weck.  They actually use prime rib, have kimi Kaiser rolls, have excellent horseradish and gravy.

When I can’t get here is Blasdell or Abbott Pizza.  Those guys use the bridgeford type pepperoni, the kind that curls up and crackles from the heat, and the sauce, umpph.  

Some may think it’s crappy, but there is nothing replaceable to Mighty Taco.  Those are the two things I have to get when in Buffalo.    Not all Buffalo pizza is perfect, but I crave those two things so much I Venmo my sisters $ to freeze the items and take down on the plane.  Pizza is kind of impossible so I get their pizza subs.  

I didn’t word that well.  I just meant I am fine going to Duffs on Sheridan for wings and don’t have expectations about anything else on their menu.   I agree with you about the pizza.  You are lucky to have good beef on weck that close to you.  And….I sincerely respect your adoration for Mighty Taco. 😉

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, goober said:

I didn’t word that well.  I just meant I am fine going to Duffs on Sheridan for wings and don’t have expectations about anything else on their menu.   I agree with you about the pizza.  You are lucky to have good beef on weck that close to you.  And….I sincerely respect your adoration for Mighty Taco. 😉

Thats cool.  MT and whatever pizza you grew up on is the best and unique to Buffalo.  It’s not paper thin like the City (NYC), and not a doughy Chicago deep dish.  They use the best sauce and pepperoni in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Augie said:

Are you making the home opener this year? Due to an unfortunate surprise (my 94 yo mom landing in the hospital) I’m going to miss it, and it’s killing me on several levels. Next trip up I need to hit Elmo’s and Bar Bills. I’ve never even had La Nova’s pizza! 

No we wanted to, but couldn’t make it happen, we had too much going on.  But looking at either going to another one there or possibly the Chiefs game in KC.  

10 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I think you misread what he meant 

He is saying when he comes to Buffalo he only goes to duffs for the chicken wings

He has other establishments he gets pizza at… He isn’t saying he goes to another city for pizza lol

And any pizzeria across the country can buy margarita pepperoni, they just chose not too

11 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Decent wings are easier to find than good pizza outside of WNY. I’ve had Bocci’s shipped to us half-baked, but it’s just not the same. The closest I found while living in Sarasota was a Pontillo’s location that I think has since closed. It was a Buffalo guy and his wife. I was not aware of them in WNY, but apparently there were a number of locations. 

I’m honestly not sure if I ever went to a Mighty Taco unless I was coming straight from a bar. Sad, but true. Everybody was wasted at 3am, and some of my friends had the habit of skipping the order line and just going straight to the pick up line to wait for an order that sounded good. Nobody ever noticed. I have been surrounded by bad influences all my life. You could say I didn’t stand a chance. You could also argue that……I know where the fun is.  :)

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

If I can only do one for pizza, and I’m a straight pepperoni guy, which do you recommend while I’m in town for the game?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.