• Raintree Inn
    • La Nova
    • Gabriel's Gate
    • Nine-Eleven Tavern
    • The 33 Speakeasy Grill
    • Route78 Street Bar
    • Mr Goodbar

• 1 month later...

I've heard of some random place that rents out a kitchen in like a church?? somewhere in like Kenmore that is supposedly amazing but I have never been there...anyone know what I am talking about?

On 8/13/2022 at 2:03 PM, JDHillFan said:

Anyone that hasn’t tried Elmo’s double dipped needs to make it happen. I am a fan of Bar Bill and Duffs depending on what I’m in the mood for and recently went to Elmo’s for the first time. They have made it into the regular rotation. 

Duff's was super disappointing the last time we went a few weeks ago...had some of my wife's family in from out of town and they wanted to get wings...went to Bar Bill North and he wait was ridiculous...like over an hour, so we ended up going to Duff's...hadn't been there in a few years and the last time we went the wings were giant and good.  This time they were small like you get everywhere else you go in the country except Buffalo normally...was so disappointed.  Thought someone shipped them the wrong size or something.  Still were good just way less than what you'd normally get size wise. Or maybe this is the new norm?

I was in WNY on Thursday and needed a place for a group of people to watch the game. Because of its location and size, we choose a place called Tully's on NF Blvd. 

For viewing and drinking purposes, it was just fine. It wasn't overcrowded and the service was great. 

However,  they have the absolute worst wings I've ever tasted in WNY, and perhaps anywhere. A complete disgrace!

On 7/26/2021 at 12:34 PM, Virgil said:

...where is the best place to get wings?”   

Bar Bills is our favorite..  Heading there from Rochester this Sunday for a birthday lunch for my son who moved to Buffalo/Amherst last year. 

They have great sauce and do a nice job on the dry rub wings, too.

18 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Where can you get wings like in the old days when your eyes would water 

Bar Bill.  They have hot, extra hot and suicidal.  I've had them all and when I got the suicidal wings, I could only eat seven before giving up.  Extra hot will also make your eyes water.  

On 8/12/2022 at 7:10 PM, PonyBoy said:

When I lived back there,early 2000's, I always thought Just Pizza had great wings. BBQ/ HOT. Great pizza too! 

Was back in WNY last year, stupid expensive, but still really good.

You could get them seared on grill.  Williamsville/ Clarence location. 

I don't think I'm wrong, surprised to see they weren't on the vote list. 

The wings and Pizza 100% is top notch and better than most listed. Franco's on Eggert have also never let me down for phenomal pizza and wings.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Bar Bill.  They have hot, extra hot and suicidal.  I've had them all and when I got the suicidal wings, I could only eat seven before giving up.  Extra hot will also make your eyes water.  

The last time I was at Bar Bill I had 5 suicidal and 5 medium. A mighty fine meal. 

On 8/12/2022 at 6:10 PM, PonyBoy said:

When I lived back there,early 2000's, I always thought Just Pizza had great wings. BBQ/ HOT. Great pizza too! 

Was back in WNY last year, stupid expensive, but still really good.

You could get them seared on grill.  Williamsville/ Clarence location. 

I don't think I'm wrong, surprised to see they weren't on the vote list. 

Just Pizza is criminally underrated - probably because they're so massive, but they aren't in discussion of the best IMO. Just Pizza was our regular spot when we live on the west side ~10 years ago.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mattymafia said:

Anyone who voted Duffs on here has not been to Bar Bill. Those Cajun Honey Butter BBQ wings are the most delicious wings ive ever had in my life and it isnt even close. Everytime I am in Buffalo, we stop at Bar Bill at least once. 

tried to go to BB North last month and the wait was ridiculous...an hour or more...ended up going to Duff's and was disappointed.

9 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Absolutely shocked to see Anchor Bar on here

There is an Anchor Bar in Frederick Maryland which is close to where I am. Haven’t gone yet but when you alternatives are things like Buffalo Wild Wings and local pizza shops that boil or bread their wings .. it should be a huge step up.

7 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

I’m bringing back an old topic, I’m going to Duffs on Monday before the game. I see that it opens at 11. What time should I plan on getting there - Does it get crowded pregame? If so I want to avoid the rush. I know we haven’t had very many Monday or Thursday games. 

Anyone have a suggestion? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.