• Raintree Inn
    • La Nova
    • Gabriel's Gate
    • Nine-Eleven Tavern
    • The 33 Speakeasy Grill
    • Route78 Street Bar
    • Mr Goodbar

3 hours ago, Maynard said:

Anyone ever order Bocce pizza that lives out of state? They do nationwide delivery and man I’ve been craving that. 

I’ve had Bocce’s delivered out of state. They have a deadline to get half baked pizza by the weekend. I think you have to order by maybe noon Thursday? 

You can tell it’s Bocce’s, so that’s a good thing. You can also tell it’s not “the same”, so that’s not a great thing. I’ve done it 2-3 times over the years. I’d do it again, but I know enough to temper my expectations. Kinda vague review, but I hope that helps a bit. 

59 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ve had Bocce’s delivered out of state. They have a deadline to get half baked pizza by the weekend. I think you have to order by maybe noon Thursday? 

You can tell it’s Bocce’s, so that’s a good thing. You can also tell it’s not “the same”, so that’s not a great thing. I’ve done it 2-3 times over the years. I’d do it again, but I know enough to temper my expectations. Kinda vague review, but I hope that helps a bit. 

Thank you sir. So not quite the same obviously?  This would be a long haul to Seattle, not sure it’s worth the $60 bucks shipping and handling. Got terrible pizza out here. 

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

https://www.buffalobrostexas.com/about-us/

Did some digging for you and this is a buffalo chef transplant 

Whose Goal was to open up a buffalo cuisine restaurant in Texas 

Looks like he has all the Staples from Sahlens hot dogs, loganberry, beef on weck and Pizza  and wings.. 

Never been there but he's a buffalonian

Someone brought up this place... somewhere else. $8.00 for a Sahlens hot dog? Get out of here.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 10:01 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

I nominate Sunny's Pizza in Lockport. They have amazing wings.  More barbecue than hot sauce flavored.  I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to the heat.

PS Vietnamese or thai fish sauce wings are better than any hot sauce wing you will ever try.  Much more flavor.  Give them a try if you get a chance.

My wife is Vietnamese, she makes these frequently and they are very good.  

Ok...so after I had read through this a couple weeks ago, I was at work and had a craving for wings while working overnight.  dominos was open.  Keep in mind I am in the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex.  ....I KNOW dominos wings suck.  I am not about to tell anyone they are good.  They are always soggy.  Anyhow..it was the only option....and instead of ranch (with I never use anyhow,) I ordered a side of Bleu Cheese.....again, crappy side condiment blue cheese...but still blue cheese....

I gotta say...I really liked the way the blue cheese and hot Buffalo sauce tasted together, even thought it was dominos.  I'm really looking forward to having some higher quality wings and bleu cheese now....somewhere better.

I was born in Buffalo but I moved away right after preschool to Virginia, spent some time there before eventually settling down in CNY. I’ve visited Buffalo a dozen or so times over the years and although I never really lived there for an extended period of time, I always considered Buffalo home.

I’ve eaten at many pizzerias in Buffalo over the years. I was always blown away by Bocces, Blasdell’s and Bella’s. By far much better pizza than I have had access to over the years. I ate at Duff’s before but I wasn’t really impressed. I will say this though. As far as this list is concerned, there are two places I would like to visit one day and that’s Anchor Bar and The Big Tree Inn.

Obviously Anchor Bar was essentially the place that put Buffalo on the map as far as wings are concerned, they’re the original wing place, it all started there so I hope one day I can visit Anchor Bar. Then there’s Big Tree Inn which is notorious for hosting Bills players, so I would love to see how that bar is set up and I wonder what they’re menu looks like. These two places in my mind are historic as far as the city of Buffalo is concerned.

On 7/31/2021 at 1:03 AM, Zerovoltz said:

Cool thread.  Reminds me of what happens when you poll Kansas City folks about the best BBQ in town.  You get this same type of debate.

Anyhow...I really enjoy "wings" but I've never been anywhere near western NY/Buffalo and just like I am a Kc BBQ snob...I am sure whatever wings I've had in KC or Dallas/Ft Worth (where I live now) are not on par with the real thing from the region and the people who know them the best.

So....couple quesitons.

Does anyone know where I could find some good wings here in the DFW area?  

and 2....reading through this and see alot of mentions about Bleu Cheese dressing....never seen any place serve that with wings..it's always been ranch.  As I read through this...I thought how until a couple weeks ago I didn't like Bleu Cheese dressing......but that's becasue I think I've been duped by people serving me ranch and telling me it's Bleu Cheese.  I had a wedge salad at a high end steak place down here a couple weeks ago, that came with Bleu Cheese....when I saw it, I was horrified thinking I'd wasted my money ordering it...covered with crumbles etc...but I took a bite and my god....it was incredibly deliecious!  Must have been the real thing I got this time and crappy ranch so many other times.  so, I can understand about some of the stories here about that....

Anyhow....good place for DFW wings...I'd love to get a taste of the good stuff if I can around these parts.  THANKS.

There is a Duffs in the area.  I have not been so do not know it up to par with NY wings. 

Texas in general is poor for Buffalo wings or at least I have not found.

Back in May I was in Bellingham, Washington, for my daughter's college graduation.  One day, we stopped at a Thai restaurant and had wings as an appetizer.  They were phenomenal.  The next day, we ate at a Brazilian restaurant and ordered wings again.  The wings themselves weren't special but the various dipping sauces they provided were great.

A couple days later, we flew to Buffalo for a family event.   Whenever I'm in Buffalo, I try to eat at least two of these foods: wings, beef-on-weck, and pizza.   On this trip we went to Bar Bill for wings.  Both my wife and I rated the wings at Bar Bill a distant third of the three restaurants that served us wings that week.  

Next time I'm in Buffalo, I plan to try Wingnutz.  But right now Duff's gets my vote.  

On 7/26/2021 at 11:58 AM, Draconator said:

Wings outside of Buffalo, skin and bone. Wings in Buffalo, skin, bone and actual meat on the wing.

That may have been true once upon a time.  But sadly, if I had to pick my favorite wing spot, it probably wouldn't be one in Buffalo.  When it comes to wings, most of America has caught up to Buffalo.  

Oddly, though, I still think the average pizza in Buffalo is better than the average pizza in just about any other U.S. city.  

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, hondo in seattle said:

That may have been true once upon a time.  But sadly, if I had to pick my favorite wing spot, it probably wouldn't be one in Buffalo.  When it comes to wings, most of America has caught up to Buffalo.  

Oddly, though, I still think the average pizza in Buffalo is better than the average pizza in just about any other U.S. city.  

And yet I live in the 5th largest city in the country and haven't had a good wing in the 25 years I've lived here.

• Like (+1) 2

Coming into Buffalo for the Houston game with my wife and daughter Friday night. (Section 115 row 19) Planning to do Maid of the Mist Saturday and then get some Bills merchandise. Thanks for starting this thread. We have an Anchor Bar in Atlanta and used to have Duff’s. Certainly sounds like we need to go to Bar Bill for wings and a weck. Hear we need to go to Ted’s as well.

Obviously off topic, but any recommendations on the best place for Bills merchandise. Assuming the Bills store at the stadium. 

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

Coming into Buffalo for the Houston game with my wife and daughter Friday night. (Section 115 row 19) Planning to do Maid of the Mist Saturday and then get some Bills merchandise. Thanks for starting this thread. We have an Anchor Bar in Atlanta and used to have Duff’s. Certainly sounds like we need to go to Bar Bill for wings and a weck. Hear we need to go to Ted’s as well.

Obviously off topic, but any recommendations on the best place for Bills merchandise. Assuming the Bills store at the stadium. 

The Bills Store had the best selection when I went up last month.  The BFLO a store was a close second. 

I've never been to Bar-Bill because it's so damn crowded every time we're in East Aurora.  We just sit at Mister's (good but not great bbq btw) and envy it from a distance.  When I do get there what are the best wing flavors so I can see if the hype meets the expectations?

5 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Back in May I was in Bellingham, Washington, for my daughter's college graduation.  One day, we stopped at a Thai restaurant and had wings as an appetizer.  They were phenomenal.  The next day, we ate at a Brazilian restaurant and ordered wings again.  The wings themselves weren't special but the various dipping sauces they provided were great.

A couple days later, we flew to Buffalo for a family event.   Whenever I'm in Buffalo, I try to eat at least two of these foods: wings, beef-on-weck, and pizza.   On this trip we went to Bar Bill for wings.  Both my wife and I rated the wings at Bar Bill a distant third of the three restaurants that served us wings that week.  

Next time I'm in Buffalo, I plan to try Wingnutz.  But right now Duff's gets my vote.  

If you're near Phinney Ridge there's some insanely good Vietnamese wings at a hole in the wall.

Also more generally to this thread: I'm continually surprised how little Charlie the butcher is brought up. I've only ever been to the one on Wehrle but I've gone for years and it's my favorite beef on weck.

Edited by NickelCity

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I've never been to Bar-Bill because it's so damn crowded every time we're in East Aurora.  We just sit at Mister's (good but not great bbq btw) and envy it from a distance.  When I do get there what are the best wing flavors so I can see if the hype meets the expectations?

Cajun honey butter BBQ. These are the best wings in the world, outside of Wingnutz Mild

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.