• Raintree Inn
    • La Nova
    • Gabriel's Gate
    • Nine-Eleven Tavern
    • The 33 Speakeasy Grill
    • Route78 Street Bar
    • Mr Goodbar

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

That's why Buffalo is different! Don't question us dude about the chicken wings and Bleu cheese 

There's 2 things in buffalo that will start a fight guarantee

If you trash the bills around a lot of drunk bills fans you're going to get your ass kicked 

Ranch on chicken wings 

And most mom and pop pizzerias make their own bleu cheese.. lots are super old school old, world recipes passed down generations 

That’s the catch, an expired bottle of Ranch could be mixed with mayo and that would pass as Bleu Cheese in New England. The Bleu Cheese that we came across in Buffalo was light years beyond anything I have ever tasted here. 

If you live in Buffalo it should be mandatory that you eat the Bleu Cheese and not ranch. 

Tourists! (Meant for the ranch, honey this, bbq that). Crispes, Hot Sauce and B Cheese. You can’t beat traditional.  

Zero, I’m not a huge BBQ guy, but we went to some good places in KC when I was there for training with work two years ago.  Great food from again not a BBQ guy.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/31/2021 at 1:03 AM, Zerovoltz said:

Cool thread.  Reminds me of what happens when you poll Kansas City folks about the best BBQ in town.  You get this same type of debate.

Anyhow...I really enjoy "wings" but I've never been anywhere near western NY/Buffalo and just like I am a Kc BBQ snob...I am sure whatever wings I've had in KC or Dallas/Ft Worth (where I live now) are not on par with the real thing from the region and the people who know them the best.

So....couple quesitons.

Does anyone know where I could find some good wings here in the DFW area?  

and 2....reading through this and see alot of mentions about Bleu Cheese dressing....never seen any place serve that with wings..it's always been ranch.  As I read through this...I thought how until a couple weeks ago I didn't like Bleu Cheese dressing......but that's becasue I think I've been duped by people serving me ranch and telling me it's Bleu Cheese.  I had a wedge salad at a high end steak place down here a couple weeks ago, that came with Bleu Cheese....when I saw it, I was horrified thinking I'd wasted my money ordering it...covered with crumbles etc...but I took a bite and my god....it was incredibly deliecious!  Must have been the real thing I got this time and crappy ranch so many other times.  so, I can understand about some of the stories here about that....

Anyhow....good place for DFW wings...I'd love to get a taste of the good stuff if I can around these parts.  THANKS.

KC BBQ is probably my favourite style but the really important question is...what's the dominant slaw in KC? Sweet and sour or creamy?

Standing by to be tar’d & feathered, I think this whole ‘Best Wings in Buffalo’ schtick has fully run its course. Yes, anyone traveling to WNY will always inquire, but speaking as a worldly fella with roots from the area, chicken wings are EQUALLY done throughout the nation and the World at large. With so many truly delicious varieties available Everywhere, there is no clear cut ‘Best Wings’ anywhere. Including all ‘Buffalo Bars’ in EVERY City and of course, Western New York. 

Sorry homeboys who’ve never left the area. It’s simply the truth.

Use it for marketing, silly headgear, global cuisine recognition. But ‘Best Wings in Tampa’ etc., rivals y’all.

🤷‍♂️ I know what I’m talking about.

(btw, in WNY, it’s Duffs!)

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, Boxcar said:

KC BBQ is probably my favourite style but the really important question is...what's the dominant slaw in KC? Sweet and sour or creamy?

Lol.  No one in KC cares about slaw.  Most BBQ places here don’t serve it.  A rare few do make a Carolina style pork and slaw sandwich.  

44 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Lol.  No one in KC cares about slaw.  Most BBQ places here don’t serve it.  A rare few do make a Carolina style pork and slaw sandwich.  

How the hell do you not care about slaw?! What do you eat with ribs?!

This is heresy

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Standing by to be tar’d & feathered, I think this whole ‘Best Wings in Buffalo’ schtick has fully run its course. Yes, anyone traveling to WNY will always inquire, but speaking as a worldly fella with roots from the area, chicken wings are EQUALLY done throughout the nation and the World at large. With so many truly delicious varieties available Everywhere, there is no clear cut ‘Best Wings’ anywhere. Including all ‘Buffalo Bars’ in EVERY City and of course, Western New York. 

Use it for marketing, silly headgear, global cuisine recognition. But ‘Best Wings in Tampa’ etc., rivals y’all.

I've also been all over the world.. and It's about a 10% success rate anywhere else in the world to find good chicken wings

Sure every city has a couple of gems, but the majority suck 

The differences in Buffalo 90% are good and 10% suck.. the rest of the world 90% suck and 10% are good 

You could find good pizza in every city too. Just have to look hard..  90% of every mom and pop pizzeria in Buffalo is putting out fire 🔥🔥

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I disagree, but like bbq, to me it’s more about the sauce than the wing.  There are places that I would literally drink the sauce from a cup if it were an option.  There are so many places that make their own custom sauces, that I think they can separate themselves from the pack.  

As for the chicken itself, I don’t terrible disagree. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I've also been all over the world.. and It's about a 10% success rate anywhere else in the world to find good chicken wings

Sure every city has a couple of gems, but the majority suck 

The differences in Buffalo 90% are good and 10% suck.. the rest of the world 90% suck and 10% are good 

You could find good pizza in every city too. Just have to look hard..  90% of every mom and pop pizzeria in Buffalo is putting out fire 🔥🔥

Please kindly direct me to a good place in the Dallas/Ft Worth Metroplex.

Most "best" wings aren't what they use to be and priced now like they're a delicacy at near a $1.50 A wing, I rarely clamor for them. 

.....of course I had the privilege of eating them since the early '70's at 5 & 10¢ each into the '80's. The word " jumbo" was never use to describe them back then, they were all big and meaty compared to today's wings at most places.

Guess I was one of the lucky ones. 😌

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Please kindly direct me to a good place in the Dallas/Ft Worth Metroplex.

https://www.buffalobrostexas.com/about-us/

Did some digging for you and this is a buffalo chef transplant 

Whose Goal was to open up a buffalo cuisine restaurant in Texas 

Looks like he has all the Staples from Sahlens hot dogs, loganberry, beef on weck and Pizza  and wings.. 

Never been there but he's a buffalonian

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Virgil said:

I disagree, but like bbq, to me it’s more about the sauce than the wing.  There are places that I would literally drink the sauce from a cup if it were an option.  There are so many places that make their own custom sauces, that I think they can separate themselves from the pack.  

As for the chicken itself, I don’t terrible disagree. 

The wings around here are smaller than they are in Buffalo and simply not as good. We have a place in NYC that makes great BBQ wings but there is no place around here where you can get Buffalo wings like the ones in WNY.

Not one.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.