• Raintree Inn
    • La Nova
    • Gabriel's Gate
    • Nine-Eleven Tavern
    • The 33 Speakeasy Grill
    • Route78 Street Bar
    • Mr Goodbar

2 hours ago, Dukestreetking said:

The one important thing missing in this discussion: HOW you eat the wing (flat or drum).

One-handed, single pull, all meat removed, move on to next: OG WNYer.

Two-handed, bite, bite, bite - like it's flipping corn on the cob: umm, not OG WNYer.

I prefer an even mix. They both have their charms, IMO.

On flats?  Quick twist and pull.

Gabriel's Gate.

Off the grid, but I had incredible wings at Whiskey Hill Saloon in Cassadaga, NY about a decade ago a couple of times. No idea if that's still the case, but they were good enough to remember.

7 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

BJs in Fredonia are the best

I remember them having strangely good bar food but it was always made by a rotating random dude in nearly complete darkness which was a little sketch. Come to think of it 20 years later that may be one of the most consistently dark bars I've ever encountered.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nelius said:

Gabriel's Gate.

Off the grid, but I had incredible wings at Whiskey Hill Saloon in Cassadaga, NY about a decade ago a couple of times. No idea if that's still the case, but they were good enough to remember.

I remember them having strangely good bar food but it was always made by a rotating random dude in nearly complete darkness which was a little sketch. Come to think of it 20 years later that may be one of the most consistently dark bars I've ever encountered.

But the wings were always great and on Monday and Wednesday it was 10c wing night.

On 7/26/2021 at 12:58 PM, Draconator said:

Wings outside of Buffalo, skin and bone. Wings in Buffalo, skin, bone and actual meat on the wing.

To me the difference is in Buffalo and western NY the trip is they drop them in the sauce as soon as they come out of the fryer so the sauce kind of vaporizes into the wing.  Many other places they let the wings cool a bit so then you end up with sauce just dripping off outside of wing.  Some even the big boys like Buffalo Wild Wings will fry up 50 or so at a time and then sauce to order again letting them sit awhile prior.

On 7/26/2021 at 10:56 PM, BillsShredder83 said:

This thread has me moist. Only thing I miss back home. Can find decent wings in NC but the trash they call blue cheese is vomit inducing. It's like straight mayonnaise 

I'm very picky about this too.  In Rochester, most times we get Ken's, Kraft, Marzetti's or Marie's and I think Marie's is much better.  Would prefer not to eat Ken's at all.  

Edited by Irv

19 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Mr Goodbar? It still exists??

It's been a while since I was back in Buffalo but to my knowledge it's still going strong. I would go there when I would return to meet up with people when I visited. 

Then, it was my little sister's turn to go there with friends.

Good beer and my favorite wings

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's on Elmwood

Basically the college/younger scene 

The whole strip is small coffee shops , boutiques, and bars

Thanks. But it was a reference to an old movie. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Cool thread.  Reminds me of what happens when you poll Kansas City folks about the best BBQ in town.  You get this same type of debate.

Anyhow...I really enjoy "wings" but I've never been anywhere near western NY/Buffalo and just like I am a Kc BBQ snob...I am sure whatever wings I've had in KC or Dallas/Ft Worth (where I live now) are not on par with the real thing from the region and the people who know them the best.

So....couple quesitons.

Does anyone know where I could find some good wings here in the DFW area?  

and 2....reading through this and see alot of mentions about Bleu Cheese dressing....never seen any place serve that with wings..it's always been ranch.  As I read through this...I thought how until a couple weeks ago I didn't like Bleu Cheese dressing......but that's becasue I think I've been duped by people serving me ranch and telling me it's Bleu Cheese.  I had a wedge salad at a high end steak place down here a couple weeks ago, that came with Bleu Cheese....when I saw it, I was horrified thinking I'd wasted my money ordering it...covered with crumbles etc...but I took a bite and my god....it was incredibly deliecious!  Must have been the real thing I got this time and crappy ranch so many other times.  so, I can understand about some of the stories here about that....

Anyhow....good place for DFW wings...I'd love to get a taste of the good stuff if I can around these parts.  THANKS.

39 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Cool thread.  Reminds me of what happens when you poll Kansas City folks about the best BBQ in town.  You get this same type of debate.

Anyhow...I really enjoy "wings" but I've never been anywhere near western NY/Buffalo and just like I am a Kc BBQ snob...I am sure whatever wings I've had in KC or Dallas/Ft Worth (where I live now) are not on par with the real thing from the region and the people who know them the best.

So....couple quesitons.

Does anyone know where I could find some good wings here in the DFW area?  

and 2....reading through this and see alot of mentions about Bleu Cheese dressing....never seen any place serve that with wings..it's always been ranch.  As I read through this...I thought how until a couple weeks ago I didn't like Bleu Cheese dressing......but that's becasue I think I've been duped by people serving me ranch and telling me it's Bleu Cheese.  I had a wedge salad at a high end steak place down here a couple weeks ago, that came with Bleu Cheese....when I saw it, I was horrified thinking I'd wasted my money ordering it...covered with crumbles etc...but I took a bite and my god....it was incredibly deliecious!  Must have been the real thing I got this time and crappy ranch so many other times.  so, I can understand about some of the stories here about that....

Anyhow....good place for DFW wings...I'd love to get a taste of the good stuff if I can around these parts.  THANKS.

That's why Buffalo is different! Don't question us dude about the chicken wings and Bleu cheese 

There's 2 things in buffalo that will start a fight guarantee

If you trash the bills around a lot of drunk bills fans you're going to get your ass kicked 

Ranch on chicken wings 

And most mom and pop pizzerias make their own bleu cheese.. lots are super old school old, world recipes passed down generations 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I've heard reports that the weck at Mason's in Hamburg is elite.

Resized_20210617_191302_6019(1).jpeg

Looks good but a real need on weck the beef is cooked in gravy and the dill pickles are like hamburger picked right in the sand which.

I have to stop looking at this thread as I’m getting hungry at 8am. 

Zero, bring in you’re own cheese brother, never breaded and tried and true if you ever make on you’re own is Frank’s Red Hot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.