• Raintree Inn
    • La Nova
    • Gabriel's Gate
    • Nine-Eleven Tavern
    • The 33 Speakeasy Grill
    • Route78 Street Bar
    • Mr Goodbar

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Just my two cents, but if people are making their first visit to Buffalo, they should visit one of the more famous locations (Duff's or the Anchor Bar).  Let's face it, this is simple bar food.  The real point in them visiting is to say they went to a nationally known location....not simply to eat a chicken wing.  The selfie they show off to their friends and family will last a lot longer than the taste of the wings. 

I had a friend visit from Columbus, OH. The only thing she was interested in was to visit Anchor Bar. 

You make a very good point.

10 minutes ago, BLO_RIO said:

My vote is Wing Stop. But Im in Albuquerque NM... You Guys are lucky in Buffalo

Is Wing Stop an actual physical location, or just a delivery service?  I think there's one company that isn't associated with any particular restaurant. They get the wings where they get the wings.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Just my two cents, but if people are making their first visit to Buffalo, they should visit one of the more famous locations (Duff's or the Anchor Bar).  Let's face it, this is simple bar food.  The real point in them visiting is to say they went to a nationally known location....not simply to eat a chicken wing.  The selfie they show off to their friends and family will last a lot longer than the taste of the wings. 

This is what it's become?  Yes, some will want to go to the "famous" place and show off online.  I prefer to go to the best place, especially if it's only well known by locals. I despise most bar/restaurants that are glorified souvenir shops (Hard Rock Cafe, for example). But I get it. When people would come to SF (for example) and want to go to the Hard Rock, I'd tell them to go get their souvenir and then meet them at place that  is actually good.

With that said, I always had fun at the Anchor bar. OK wings and pizza and other food. They used to have jazz on the weekend. Just a fun place. I can understand people wanting to go there. But I'd never wait in line to get in.

4 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Is Wing Stop an actual physical location, or just a delivery service?  I think there's one company that isn't associated with any particular restaurant. They get the wings where they get the wings.

It's a chain that are blowing up everywhere.  They are decent for wings, but I wouldn't consider them a contender for top wing place.

13 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It's a chain that are blowing up everywhere.  They are decent for wings, but I wouldn't consider them a contender for top wing place.

Eat in?  On the order of Buffalo Wild Wings?

1 minute ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I’ve never had outstanding wings at Duffs. Always “meh” to “decent”.

Same for Anchor Bar.

Gabriel’s Gate is where it’s at.

Judi’s Lounge in NF too. Those are my top two in WNY.

Good call on Judi's. An overlooked gem of a bar. Great prices, too. But not necessarily the place to go if you like your wings HOT!!!!  Still, I almost always stop there when I'm in town. 

19 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I hear they really push the boneless wings but proper attire is required

gft0jkt0d3751.jpg?auto=webp&s=d61fa189f8

😄

53 minutes ago, Rico said:

Almost fast food, like America’s Best Wings. Eat-in and carry-out, no bar.

Wow, even the pictures of wings on their site are terrible.

Thanks for adding in Niagara Falls recs like Judi's!  I will be in NF in a few weeks.  Any other good wing recommendations there?  I saw there's a Duff's in NF.  I also heard that Buzzy's is good?  Thanks for the recs.

I love Gabriel’s Gate and Bar Bill, but I’ve got to tell you that the wings at Wagner’s in Lockport can go nub-to-nub with both of them. And their Beef-on-Weck is delicious as well.

If you find yourself in the Northtowns, do yourself a favor and check them out. I recommend Johnnie’s Special - a Beef-on-Weck and 5 wings.

You can thank me later. 

https://www.wagnersrestaurant.com/menu

5 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I love Gabriel’s Gate and Bar Bill, but I’ve got to tell you that the wings at Wagner’s in Lockport can go nub-to-nub with both of them. And their Beef-on-Weck is delicious as well.

If you find yourself in the Northtowns, do yourself a favor and check them out. I recommend Johnnie’s Special - a Beef-on-Weck and 5 wings.

You can thank me later. 

https://www.wagnersrestaurant.com/menu

Love the "Buffalo Special". Mister Dees used to have a similar offering. That's what I would get most of the time.

• Like (+1) 1

Question, as I am not a native to WNY, which place would be best if you like a lot of sauce?  I've tried Duff's and Anchor Bar which were good but, I gotta be honest, I tried Mammosers one time, and I thought their wings were not very good at all.  Not much sauce and just kind of bland overall.

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

My tentative plans for the home opener:

First stop Bar Bill after the plane lands.

Maybe Gene McCarthy's for a fish fry and more wings Friday night.

Saturday, a trip out to Hamburg for 9-11 or Mammosers and Gabriel's Gate for a midnight snack.

Sounds like a +10# weekend

4 minutes ago, dhg said:

When I was younger you couldn't beat Jimmy J's on Bailey Avenue.  10 cent wings and $3 pitchers of beer on Monday nights. 

Speaking of Bailey Ave, how about Annacones?  Great Beef on Weck and terrific bar prices. Good jukebox, too!  But I was never a fan of Bailo's beef. Overcooked covered with gravy. That's not my idea of a BOW. But their fries and gravy were good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.