• La Nova
    • Gabriel's Gate
    • Nine-Eleven Tavern
    • The 33 Speakeasy Grill
    • Route78 Street Bar
    • Mr Goodbar

3 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Now do pizza.

So, when visiting Niagra Falls after a game, I randomly stumbled across Donatellos on the New York side.  Might be some of the best pizza I've ever had

Just now, Mango said:

I am shocked Duff's is so far ahead at no. 1. I do think they sometimes get a bad rap and tossed in with Anchor bar. 

Probably my 3rd favorite behind Gabes Gate and Bar Bill. 

It's my fault.  I started the poll with just Anchor and Duffs and didn't check the thread for an hour.  Little did I know, everyone and their mother was online and it gave them a huge lead.  If anything, that should tell you how good Bar Bill and Gabriel's Gate is

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, The Dean said:

But I don't think anyone would consider grilled raspberry sauced wings "Buffalo Wings". Do you?

When you look at the list of the best known, and highest rated wings in Buffalo, they all pretty much follow these rules, wouldn't you say?

No

Yes

1 minute ago, Max Fischer said:

Cool.  What about best pizza/wing combo near the airport?  😃

I have no idea.  I always drive in.  Eat wings, Wegmans, or go to the Super Flea to eat from the Vendors.  Also, if you go through this thread, there's quite a few Beef on Weck places suggested.

1 minute ago, brianthomas said:

Surprised Gabriel's Gate is so highly ranked. Their sauce is good but their wings are pretty small.

LaNova's on West Ferry has wings that are like twice the size in comparison.

It's gotten a few votes already

Edited by Virgil

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

So, when visiting Niagra Falls after a game, I randomly stumbled across Donatellos on the New York side.  Might be some of the best pizza I've ever had

It's my fault.  I started the poll with just Anchor and Duffs and didn't check the thread for an hour.  Little did I know, everyone and their mother was online and it gave them a huge lead.  If anything, that should tell you how good Bar Bill and Gabriel's Gate is

If you find yourself in the Falls again, try La Hacienda Pizza on Pine Ave. Still one of my favorites in the country. (No relation to the Buffalo area La Hacienda.)

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If you find yourself in the Falls again, try La Hacienda Pizza on Pine Ave. Still one of my favorites in the country. (No relation to the Buffalo area La Hacienda.)

Two foods I always order "Crispy" are wings and pizza. My brother in law (and some others) regularly complain their pizza or wings are undercooked. My first question is usually, did you order them well done/crispy?  I just can't leave it to chance anymore.

• Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Inversely, people really don't like Anchor Bar given the head start. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

Inversely, people really don't like Anchor Bar given the head start. 

Agreed.  I was surprised to see how quickly it fell.  People definitely went back and changed their vote

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

Surprised Gabriel's Gate is so highly ranked. Their sauce is good but their wings are pretty small.

LaNova's on West Ferry has wings that are like twice the size in comparison.

This is going to sound stupid, but the wing industry has been incredibly volatile the last few years. Not that long ago the shortage was so bad you could only order wings at MP the pricing was so up and down. Wing prices are skyrocketing at the moment again. Depending on suppliers, access to product, and decision by ownership, wing stock has been super variable from establishment to establishment. I have noticed it again recently even with my favorite places. 

Not Buffalo, but I’m in Las Vegas right now and had some great wings (and pizza) at Naked City Pizza. It’s a Bills-themed restaurant.  I recommend checking it out if you’re in town. 

Also I toured Allegiant Stadium. Pretty impressive. 

10 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

My tentative plans for the home opener:

First stop Bar Bill after the plane lands.

Maybe Gene McCarthy's for a fish fry and more wings Friday night.

Saturday, a trip out to Hamburg for 9-11 or Mammosers and Gabriel's Gate for a midnight snack.

What are you doing pre-game?

Just my two cents, but if people are making their first visit to Buffalo, they should visit one of the more famous locations (Duff's or the Anchor Bar).  Let's face it, this is simple bar food.  The real point in them visiting is to say they went to a nationally known location....not simply to eat a chicken wing.  The selfie they show off to their friends and family will last a lot longer than the taste of the wings. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.