New Bills writer at the Buffalo News: Katherine Fitzgerald

On 7/26/2021 at 12:18 PM, Southern Bills Fan said:

Hopefully she'll actually be fair to the Bills. ESPN continually sends us guys  who hate the team and are Pats* fans.

That was Rodak. Marcel Louis-Jacques does not resemble this remark at all. 

22 hours ago, BLO_RIO said:

I bet this Floozy couldnt name the 3rd string QB before she got named to the bills. Ill give her a break before im harsh

To my ignore list you go!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

If / when she discovers this thread, I'd like to say:

1)  dont judge us by offseason threads.  Use the search function to see our pre-draft stuff and in-season stuff. 

2) know that we have had local journalists as members/posters on this site, so please do consider getting an account and letting us know who you are.

3) seriously, welcome to Buffalo Bills sports. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/26/2021 at 6:50 PM, Don Otreply said:

What the hell is a “Tar Heel”?

Asking for a friend, 

So during the Civil War, the union troops marched into North Carolina for a major battle with the confederacy.

Instead of encountering stiff resistance from the confederacy, many confederate troops instead of fighting just turned tail and ran. Yes, they deserted their positions handing NC to the union with almost no resistance. 

Later the confederate generals reflecting on the crushing defeat said "We should have put put a little tar on the heels of the confederate soldier so they would stay and fight instead of running off like cowards".

The name stuck and to this day the university of North Carolina is called the Tar Heels.

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

23 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

So during the Civil War, the union troops marched into North Carolina for a major battle with the confederacy.

Instead of encountering stiff resistance from the confederacy, many confederate troops instead of fighting just turned tail and ran. Yes, they deserted their positions handing NC to the union with almost no resistance. 

Later the confederate generals reflecting on the crushing defeat said "We should have put put a little tar on the heels of the confederate soldier so they would stay and fight instead of running off like cowards".

The name stuck and to this day the university of North Carolina is called the Tar Heels.

That’s one version.  Another version would flip that script.  Another says it has nothing to do with that at all.

Here’s from UNC

What is a Tar Heel

13 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

That was Rodak. Marcel Louis-Jacques does not resemble this remark at all. 

To my ignore list you go!

He’s about to make My ‘ignore’ list.. which will put him on everyone’s list..

• Haha (+1) 1