New Bills writer at the Buffalo News: Katherine Fitzgerald

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

Never read one word she wrote but she is way better than Sullivan. 

And with that comment, Sullivan picked up his phone and dialed Bucky.  Whether to list his house, or whether to find tips on breaking into the glamorous world of real estate sales, we're not sure.

5 hours ago, BLO_RIO said:

I bet this Floozy couldnt name the 3rd string QB before she got named to the bills. Ill give her a break before im harsh

I'll bet she could spell, punctuate, and capitalize proper nouns better than some.  Maybe she can prop you up in the corner, and you can wow her with your arcane knowledge.  Maybe she can title her column 'Fitz and Friend'.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Comes over from Arizona. 

I heard her on a few different guest shots on WGR last year when Arizona played Buffalo.  She seemed knowledge and a lot of fun.  I think she’ll fit in well

• Like (+1) 4

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

? Thought our current ESPN reporter was Marcel Louis Jacques, I think he has embraced the Bills and WNY

Marcel remains the Bills report for ESPN...and Miss Fitz joinss the Buff News:

katherine fitzgerald 

@kfitz134

·

hi everyone! I’m ecstatic to be joining

@TheBuffaloNews

&

@TBNSports

to cover the Bills! please send any & all recs for local beers & coffee shops!! I can’t wait to get started

12 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

This is giving her a break? If your post was satire, I apologize.

This is the internet. Everything is 100% accurate. You didn't know?

9 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Welcome to Buffalo.

One bit of advice I must impart....don't buy a house from a guy named Bucky.

She can buy one from me!!!!!!

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It will go better if you take the bulb-shaped end and push it into the mound.

So THAT'S how it's done!!!!!

22 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Hopefully she'll actually be fair to the Bills. ESPN continually sends us guys  who hate the team and are Pats* fans.

To be fair, there was a lot not to like about the team when Rodack was the guy, and the new guy has embraced the market … but I guess it’s easier to just cling to old narratives

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

There are people out in the world, who are brainwashed into thinking that 'Journalists are bad'.

This could just be me

When someone leads off with the term “floozy” for a degreed professional woman with years of experience in the job position she’s hired for, I wonder if they have much brain to wash.

Again, could just be me 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

Marcel remains the Bills report for ESPN...and Miss Fitz joinss the Buff News:

I was responding to a chap who asserted that our Bills ESPN reporters were terrible, and were Patriots fans.

I assert that’s 0 for 2 in describing Marcel L-J

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This could just be me

When someone leads off with the term “floozy” for a degreed professional woman with years of experience in the job position she’s hired for, I wonder if they have much brain to wash.

Again, could just be me 🤷‍♂️

His entire line of attack against Ms. Fitzgerald was a misfire because she was likely hired for her sports journalism skills, not for having an encyclopedic knowledge of the Bills. Like any true professional, I’m sure she will do her homework and quickly become very knowledgeable of our team.

Also, the definition of a “floozy” is a promiscuous young woman who uses sex to manipulate men. That is a pretty disgusting label to flippantly toss at any female, especially one reporting on male athletes.

• Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

And there are some who need their brain washed with strong cleaner.

The term "floozy" is slanderous.

But see, my hypothesis covers all that - if someone has no or not much brain, they’re unable to perceive such distinctions.

OK, enough bashing of the dude, TRAINING CAMP BABY!

• Like (+1) 1